Black Chicken Studios Forums

Update 125: Nevada and Dunkerque Belle Duo

TwoHeavens

Update 125

Question: 
Captain: 
1: Okay. So. When you say Command was “more than willing to cover the cost of all this,” did you get a firm promise that that doesn’t mean it’s coming out of our discretionary… y’know what? I’m going to the radio room. Send somebody to rescue me if I’m not out in four hours or so. 
2: Well played, Nevada. Well played. 
3: … Nevada, I’d like to thank you for volunteering to be the Fleet’s new finance liaison with Command. I should have a few hundred pages of adjusted budgets for you to look at by Friday, so if you can talk to our superiors to secure improved funding by next Wednesday or so we should be able to get a few things pinned down sooner rather than later.

3 for me. Nevada might be "overly motivated" but one lesson you learn in the service is actually the secret acronym in the word "Navy".

Never Again Volunteer Yourself.

So thanks for that Nevada, glad to leave the budget in your capable hands.

It’s an endurance event.  My favorite ship has that absolutely absurd 16,300nm endurance, about twice that of most of her contemporaries.  I’ll pledge money, donate by far the most, and go horribly broke.  I suppose that means I have to vote #3.  Maybe she can procure me some funding to support the best Panzerschiff.

Archived