Black Chicken Studios Forums

Is it possible to use mods with the latest version? Specifically the exotic familiar selection mod?

LaughingHero

Since not everyone wants to keep on redoing a character just so they can play through the familiar adventures! :)

Exotic familiars only trigger their own specific adventure, right? It'd be great if in Y2 they'd affect more (and regular ones too), like familiar-specific steps and exits for adventures, due to people interacting with them and familiars being able to help you using their skills and abilities (and personality! :)).

22 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

you are aware that you can get a exotic familiar ingame once you reach zoology 11?

I think you told me before but I'd prefer to just select one and start with it so I can do the adventures, since getting a random one later is almost the same thing, except you keep reloading a more advanced save rather than char creation. ;) It would be probably faster though to keep reloading until you got hte one you wanted at Z11 than going through char generation though, however I think it's nicer to begin the whole game with the familiar. :)

On 6/19/2019 at 10:10 PM, Metis said:

That's still random though, and I don't know if the team fixed the issue with the Doll Familiar and it's Juvenalia intro not triggering something if it was obtained through Exchange Familiar.

think there 1 or 2 more exotic familiar where because the adventure start at the intro it can't be done when you get the familiar later in the game.  (To lazy to look in the mod tools right now who they are)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Using mods made on the outdated mod tools we have, yes, I believe that works. @Legate of Mineta can confirm/deny. Creating a Familiar selection mod could work, but you couldn't make it work cleanly because of later Familiars that were added. Adding Familiar options to adventures, using the Y1 mod tools, is impractical to the point where you might as well call it impossible. Mind you that they do add a bonus to skill rolls in Y1, is you actually take the time to train them.

Incidentally, Legate, did you miss the PMs I added to the comically oversized pile send? The In Defence of the Animals background stuff?

I think he (The Legate) didn't check his PM for a while because I also had send him 3 messages that he didn't read so far.

Edit: Also Metis is correct because the Team added new familiar after Version 1.0 we can't exclude the new familiar from also be selected after you selected one of the familiar from the mod what is a problem.