Black Chicken Studios Forums

Sima Venesico is a Terrifying Character

Rhialto

So, yesterday, in addition to writing more for my Academagia adventure with Zoe and Eliana (so difficult to write dancing scenes when I cannot even walk), I was playing a fascinating video game that I do not want to name unless @Legate of Mineta gives me permission. One of its characters is a dominating, drug-dealing, mercenary (I had almost called her Carian as a funny and obscure reference that maybe 100 other people might get) character who tricks people into crime/exploitation to whom love/benevolence is a strange concept. And yet, she is less frightening to me than Sima Venesico - because of reasons that I will place into the spoiler thread if any are interested. For this reason, I conceive of my PCs who end up with Sima as ally as either comically naive/love-besotten/honorable, haplessly dragged along by events, or ruthless in their own ways but not fully aware of Sima (by not doing her adventure or her brothers' adventures).

I know not whether this was intended by the people in Black Chicken Studios, but it is a masterpiece of good writing in my mind.

I've never seen Sima in that bad of a light. I mean, sure, in terms of people I'd be comfortable turning my back against Sima is right up there with von Rupprecht and the groudskeeper suspected to be Stryker (who's namesake, funnily enough, ended up being the most straight-shot Lawful Good character I think I've ever come up with in my torturous journey through Etrian Odyssey), but beyond that I've always seen Sima as someone with a conscious. One that's a bit looser than most people have, perhaps, but someone who'd stop short of mass-murder when alternatives are on the table.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Metis said:

One that's a bit looser than most people have, perhaps, but someone who'd stop short of mass-murder when alternatives are on the table.

With all due respect, that is a pretty low standard for determining whether a person is a truly bad person.

True, but Wrapping up in Rapture kinda forces my hand with how deep I need to bury my goalposts in this particular instance. Not that I know for sure whether it's been added to the game in that particular incarnation, of course, but still. It'd be real sad if I went and completely forgot about it.