Black Chicken Studios Forums

Actions and Ability Bugs

nightguard

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just the way things are reported, but I notice often that after I use a particular ability that does not have a cooldown period (e.g. Drop in on the Professors' Lounge), it says 'You have lost <ability>'. However, I have not lost that ability as far as I can tell; I can still use it the next day.

I get reprimanded for skipping detention when I'm stuck in the infirmary.

Also, Positive Alteration of Organic Matter doesn't let me choose a target; it sets me as the target and won't let me change it!

Bullwinkle;

The first is a product of how your Ability 'cools down' the reporting is slightly off. :)

The second is bad behavior of the Instructors and will be changed- but because the fix would require save game compatibility to broken, we are approaching it slowly.

The last...which version of the game are you using? You can view this by pressing F12 and looking in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

Thanks!

I found a strange bug which I can only occasionally replicate. On one day, I cast Revision of Skills, go on an Adventure (Sneak into the Imperial Reserve!), and Consult the Artifact Registry (Big. Piece. Of. Wood.). I get sent to the infirmary for failing the Athletics test in the Adventure. The next day, my entire calendar for the rest of the year has every slot except Exams set to Rest. Going through the next day resets the calendar to normal. I do get reprimanded for skipping class on that day, though.

So no spells have cooldowns? I'll be on the lookout to see if any of the other descriptions still claim there is one, then.

The School Conquest spell is supposed to add +6 to School Survival and +4 to several subskills. It adds the bonuses to the subskills correctly, but ends up adding +6 + 3(+4) = +18 to the parent skill!

Hmm, I suppose I should confess that I often use Cleanse and Remake to massively boost my vitality max, rest, and then not worry about vitality for several months. It didn't occur to me before seeing the post preceding this one that I was exploiting a bug.

Archived