Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

Now then he still have to hope that the arcane conection his weapon have created in wounding the Quaesitor is faded bevore the Quaesitor use it to track him down. We all know the Head Quaesitor can teleport and having a arcane connection means he can teleport direct to the place where this connection is.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, could he even just get cut loose without some of the party getting in some trouble for it?

I can't see that personally. Surely mr. hole-in-his-gut would have a field day with you guys if you just let Gustbran go. I can see the yelling now...

"You let him go!? Clearly you're conspiring! Guilty! DIE!!!!!"

What you want us to put your guy in chains. If we take him away it's this instead "You helped him to try and escape from me. You were conspiring! GUILTY! DIE!!".

Also I should add he could only do the Guilty die part on us (the maguses) either once we went through a trial or wizard war has been declared. He can kill you most likely without backlash as you are not a redcap and assaulted him.

As I see it right now its mainly Helpax who will have to answear if there is a Trial against us because of the unreasonable attack from Gustbran as he took the burden upon him to bring you to a trial.

(Ramon simply didn't want to stand in his way of to fullfill his duty so he allowed both to come with him and as Gustbran is not in chains Ramon think Helpax have him under some kind of mind control)

Beside I doubt there will be anything more then a High Vis payment because of this attack for any of us Mages but for Gustbran its pretty sure a death penalty unless he becomes property of a covenant again!

Yes I intentional writen property as Grog usualy dont count for more in a trial if I understand it correct from the vew side note trials I read.

But if our covenant take you in as Grog then we for sure have to pay the full Vis price for each starting Saisons the Quaesitor need to full recover and some extra but you probably allowed to live then.

Keeping in mind of the extrem High Vis price we have pay for taking you in our covenant I'm sure our Elder will vote against taking Gustbran as one of our own grog.

Ohh and Helpax can only get out of his responsibility if he stay true to his word and bring Gustbran to a trial or give this task to someone who he is sure that will do it in his place!

A other thing is the rising of the Dragons we probably be blamed for and the theft of a magic book, I think this 2 are more difficult to handle for our covenant then this assault.

But in all seriousness, What prospects are there for nonmages to improve in this game? (I admit I'm prepared to lose him at any time but I don't want him to die because of negligence!)

Grog are disposable, if you want them to improve, then you might want to consider elevating him into Companion. Most nonmages gets better by getting better gear (best is magically enchanted one), obtain powerful artifact, learn/obtain supernatural ability that will help with their quest, etc. level the hell up.

Truly it sounds like a ragtag group of misfits if I ever heard one. :D

I don't mind if Gustbran becomes some sort of fugitive or something, and seeing as how helpax is interested in killing this *other* important mage I can see that we may have some mutual goal above and beyond the party's interest. Gustbran is sorry for attacking the Law-mage, but honestly is far more interested in confronting this Stephan. If that means he has to be a fugitive then so be it, but honestly it's best not to resort to a last-ditch resort until it comes to that.

lol, I just read to the part where Calpurnia botched endlessly and getting trolled by some random demon... again. :rolleyes:

I propose Calpurnia change her Criamon Path to the Path of Devil's Luck. :P

Technically that devil did'nt do much to her (what it did I shall not speak of). I even OOC enjoyed it very very fun. Shame I messed up and read bow ability instead of brawl ability. I had a plus 3 in brawl and with my characteristics I might have gotten a good enough roll to have bit him.

Also our current mission goal has went from going to Stephens' buddy covenant to going back to ours. So it is possible he just goes out and tries to kill him (You would have to anyway as he does have what you are suppose to be guarding so yeah it all works out.). You maybe able to ask if you could rp what Gustbran does when we leave(If he does something as important as that).

The Devil, is a seperate entity from demons. They may be similar, and have a hierarchy, but they are not one and the same. :)

I don't know about the snowball thing.. But that event now does oddly remind me about Malkavian vampires from the World of Darkness. Especially the whole madness thing. Maybe the snowball was just some figment of her twisted imagination?

Edit: Now that I think about it... I can't place my finger on it but there are other things that remind me about the WoD. Diabolism and all that.. Cooincidence? Ha! Probably not.

Archived