Black Chicken Studios Forums

Clique Size

Cael Evenstar

In terms of people's experience, how many clique members do you tend to end up with a relatively but not purely social character? The highest I've managed myself is a group of four, including my character. Two of the three friends gave bonuses to Charm- without those bonuses I doubt I'd have been able to get the fourth- I guess I could use Vast Overwhelming Magical Power to force people into becoming my friend, but that seems kind of out of character for the person concerned.

Also, which abilities are good for boosting inter-group harmony- improving relationships between clique members and so on? Gossip is the most obvious and early choice, looking for something better though, since it'd takes 12 actions- two whole weekends- to raise the relationships between every member of my four-person clique by a single point, and that'll go up by a lot with every additional member.

Are there any actions at all similar to holding a party for your clique or a similar, something that has a chance to boost several relationships at a time?

Seems kind of hard that my high charm, very friendly character struggles to make such a small group get along, so was wondering if I'd missed something useful.

Three tends to be about the number my characters get and stabilize on. Five is the highest number I've seen, with as social a character build as I was able to bring myself to do. The noticably unsocial characters stay in two-person cliques.

Gossip is your best weapon when it comes to making lots of friends. While there are lots of ways to boost your relationship with other students, gossip is the only ability (afaik) that will allow you to boost the relationship between two other students (for example, someone who is already a member of your clique and the student you want to befriend). I've never failed with gossip 6 in the garden gallery.

In general I try and get my target student's relationship with every other member of my current clique to at least +2 (and usually +3) before I try and befriend them.

I pretty much always wind up with 3-4 other students in my clique. 3 is pretty easy and doesn't take that long, 4 a lot harder, and I usually only go for it if there is a student that already has a good relationship with at least 2 of my other friends. I've never done 5, although if I was going for a social powerhouse, it's very doable.

I don't guarantee remembering this correctly, but the spell "Head of the Class" allows you to improve your relationship with 2 students and 1 teacher. Obtained at LV10.

There is also the "Party" action, which grants +2 Relationship with a Clique member, and +1 with 3 random students. Gained at Social Skills LV10.

The highest I ever got was ten friends. It amazingly didn't fall apart or anything- actually, everything was wonderfully quiet. The character did end up being majorly social, though, although she didn't start that way. It just happened. Everyone was befriended by my character using Befriend, but I did end up having to stack some spells to get them to accept.

These days, five is usually as far as I go. It wasn't any easier to do it the ten-time, but that was before Befriend was available almost at log-in to NPC students. Now, many of them are cliqued up before I can build a huge clique, and it's not worth the trouble (to me) to destroy their cliques to get them to come be in mine.

My low social (charm 1 and 2) get two friends. They usually wait to get befriended by someone, too, even though that sometimes means silly clique names.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived