Black Chicken Studios Forums

Bugs in Patch 11

mstevens

Well, Mod tools definitly make tracking down bugs easier. They happen, and then I can go into the tools and ask "Why did that happen?" So:

New Venalicium adventure: Has slightly messed pre-reqs. You start at Venalicium 4 (The tutor's desk), searching for a cure for ravenprix without any clear explanation of why. And there don't appear to be any contiunances leading from adventure 3 to adventure 4. Besides, adventure 1 not only provides context for the whole endeavour, it informs you of the help desk.

Also, unless something is wrong with the mod tools, the description for Perform: Harpshichord has a lore inserted at the end. And talks about violin, which is the wrong instrument.

Subtle typo: Methods of the Masters ability increases "Negation, Incantation, Glamour, Negation, Revision, and Astrology"

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Random Logician;

Thanks! I'll pass that on about the Venalicium Adventure, but I believe the intent is that you Visit the Venalicium Library which begins Stage 1. The lack of Continuances from 3 to 4 is what flags 4 as the intro, allowing you to select it. We'll definitely correct it in DLC 3, if not in an earlier Content Patch.

We'll look at Perform: Harpsichord and Methods of the Masters as well- thanks!

Recently, after noticing on the wiki that having methods of negation at 11 unlocks the mastery skill set, I tried to achieve this. Despite fully researching negation methods and having the game say my maximum is methods skill level has increased (And floating my cursor over it has my skill maximum being 11), I still can not raise it above ten. The game is saying at 10 I am already at my maximum skill level.

Alugere;

Firstly, to confirm, please hit F12 and look in the bottom left hand corner to verify which version of the game you are playing. It should read: 1.1.1.1.

If it does, I'd like to look at your save- please pm me with a RapidShare link to your save and we'll review.

Thanks!

Edit: We have the file, and I see the issue. We'll try to close this in Patch 12. Thanks!

From the Event where a cat drinks diverent Potions in a shop I got Chemistry +1 acording to the day report but the Skill is still not shown when I look at the left side under Brew.

Because the Skill show up correct after I processed the next day it appears that there is a missing update for the char display on the left.

(Sorry I didnt have F12 on when this hapened)

One thing that I've been forgetting to mention for a while now is this: when something gives a bonus to a subskill (Such as protective mindset which you get from theory of negation that gives +1 to all of the subskills), you don't seem to get any of the phemes, spells, or lore that you would get if those subskills increased naturally.

Ah, it seems what I was seeing fixed itself after restarting the game. Essentially, what it was doing, was if I raised the skill to the cap, bonuses gained before the cap weren't displaying for some odd reason. Essentially, despite having 2 +1 bonuses to negation methods, at maxed skill, it showed it at 11. However, after restarting the game, it displays it at 12 now.

a few small text edits:

in the Grotto section of the Vernin quest (i think this is the second part), it looks like there's a missing word: ...”so many _________ where no-one lived“

in the Tutor's desk quest: You 'pour' over the incantation (should be pore) (for reference: http://www.dailywritingtips.com/poring-over-pore-and-pour/ since this is a common mistake)

Archived