Black Chicken Studios Forums
Legate of Mineta

Scheherazade on Steam

Ah the art.

Just remember. Different people different taste! That doesn't mean Scheherazade can't be successful like ... eh ... Recettear!

Now for the mandatory blessing.

<Leoshi casts Bless>

Upvoted the game on Steam, for what little it seems to be doing. I was surprised by the radically different art style, but from what I've seen, the gameplay seems reminiscent of Academagia, I enjoyed Academagia's gameplay, and gameplay outweighs art in my book. Given the 20 dollar price tag, I may just purchase it tomorrow rather than wait for it to come to Steam.

With greenlight running over 1 Month so fare they only released 1 game out of this huge pool so fare I wondering if this is realy such a good place for Indie games to get to a shop.

Hopefully Scheherazade will eventually make it, but it's pretty clear that the majority of the Steam crowd isn't interested in this type of game yet! :)

The problem is that most of the English VN stuff out there just isn't very good. That said, Hanako's games are of quite high quality, if you don't mind me pointing out a potential competitor, Legate :P

I voted for it on Greenlight as well. I do wish more people would be open to these styles of games, especially with the robust life raising aspect. It's numbers! Everyone loves raising their numbers!

Nope! We love Hanako and Winter Wolves. :)

Hehe I happen to have Hanako, Winter Wolves, and Black Chicken Studios all bookmarked on my bar LoL. My 3 fav companies for VN.

Ofcourse I still have not finished the first year of Academagia...

I am surprised this is still in greenlight. I know there are problems with some games. I bought a game that came through greenlight called Battle vs Chess and there was a major problem with it as the people selling the game did not actually have the rights to sell the game. It took me a month before I got the key to unlock it to play it. I understand and respect all the struggling, and up and coming game companies, but I wish there was a better system to get your game onto the green light. Like it has to meet certain guidelines. Also the filter system does not include VN or virtual novel. I know that Academagia and Scheherazade are well and above VN genre, but the people who play those games are the ones who would be more attracted to yours. IMHO. VN is very popular and would draw a lot of gamers to steam for you and you affiliates. Is there a way to get Steam to add another genre?

Zoo;

Oh, the delay has to do with some of the new content, and how to test it- not Steam, itself.

As to the genre, that would be very nice! I'm sure one day they will, as it is growing.

Legate - out of curiousity why is the release date set to today when it was released in the past ? I mean its new to Steam but its been out for a while.

Congrats on the Steam release! The new character art looks great! Is there any way to get my grabby hands on a steam key? I'd download the new version from BMT, but I bought it ages ago and don't have my password anymore.