Black Chicken Studios Forums

Windows 7 Save Game Glitch

Tressimir

I couldn't find anything on the forum regarding this glitch in 7, so figured I'd post it here. I appear to be getting the Vista save glitch (overwriting save files causes them to disappaear, new save files don't save) to a ridiculous degree. I'ts not uncommon to have to exit and reload the game at least twice before successfully saving anything, and by midterms I've had more failed saves than successful ones. I've tried uninstalling .NET framework 4.5 in the hopes that 3.5SP1 would take over, but no dice.

I'm aware this problem hasn't been solved for Vista, but if anyone has any insight on how to fix this aggravating thing in 7, it'd be much appreciated; it's hard to enjoy the game when you frequently have to redo days or weeks three or four times.

I uninstalled the game, deleted the Program Files Academagia directory, added DLC 16 again, and now everything seems to work. Don't know what the problem was, but I'm now able to overwrite files again, so it looks like it might be fixed. I'll let you all know if it crops up again, but thank you for your help; I think it might've been when I put in DLC 16 for the first time, since that's when it started happening. Thanks for your time.

• 10 months later...

I just had this happen to me. I am running windows 8.1 Everything has been fine but when I went to save a few moments ago there was nothing to save over. It would not let me make a new save. I logged out and tried to load it new and my saved game is not there any longer.

**Edit** It still shows the file in the appsdata

Try reinstalling, apparently that's fixed it once before. Save files, incidentally are...well, on Windows 7 they're stored in C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Academagia, not sure if they're in the same place on Windows 8.1 but if they are you can check to see if they're still there.

BTW, I assume you had DLC 16, but did you also have the latest patch? DLC 16 accidentally shipped with an outdated patch, and while I personally refuse to update (for nefarious reasons) it might be the cause of this...issue.

In that case it's reinstalling time. And no, you don't have to add the "official" Patch 128, just DLC 16 and Schwarzbart's hotfix (they're probably mostly the same files anyway, but the official download may include DLC 15 stuff you neither want or need after adding DLC 16) if you want to add it. Adding it will fix, among other things, the class skipping bug that DLC 16 re-introduced with the old patch, so if you want to abuse it...

A other reason why you can't save any more could be that your OS partition is to full!

With each Academagia Save taking up to 95 MB and the Cache build a ~225MB big directory each time you start a new game this could easy happen if you have little space left and don't clean up from time to time.

I had the patches wrong. I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but the DLC was 15 I think. I misunderstood the correct way to do the patches and even though I added DLC16 and patch 128 I did not add the mod folder for 128. That was where I had misunderstood Schwarzbart's instructions. I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but I will let you know if it happens again. And I have plenty memory with a cleaner. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Archived