Black Chicken Studios Forums

Saved Game Compatibility

Rhialto

The plan is that any savegame made on any version of the game, even the initial v1.0 release, can be imported into Y2, provided that the mods used can be fed to the importer as is necessary.

In practice I wouldn't hold onto that much hope, but honestly there's little to no reason to play any version other than the latest or DLC 16 (for the class skipping bug) anyway. As for older save files, I like to think that recent additions are enough to justify another playthrough, at least.

There are other reasons to play DLC 16. :(

But that aside, it's very unlikely anyone has V1.0 of Y1 anymore. I made a thread on how to download through impulse if you were having issues with verification, and that is DLC 9 or 10. That's about when everything slowed to a crawl, and so I think some folks will still have saves dating back that far.

The change of the Sphynx from 4 steps to 3 steps could be one reason to play a even older version and the change of the locations from actual giving you SS increases to just passive buffs could be a other reason to go way back. But as someone who like to go trough the adventures its either DLC 16 (for people prefer the old UI or want the class skipping bug) or the last release.

• 4 months later...

Archived