Black Chicken Studios Forums

Gift of the Familiar

fuel

+1 to all attribute is not really worth the cost of losing a familiar.

You will regret your decision in later years...

I too would advise against it, seeing as the boni received from training and sacrificing your familiar can easily be matched by investing this training time into research and/or adventures, where attributes are raised alomst every ten seconds. Besides, I love my familiar...

Additionally, familiars will almost certainly be usefull more in second year, so the cons far outweight the pros.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think I'd sacrifice even if evil. Even evil tyrants with world domination plans need an evil fish to keep them company. Especially if you end up backstabbing all of your friends.

Besides that, a familiar is how you can enhance your own stats for adventures. And let them have adventures of their own. If training changes in later years, possibilities are limitless. And you don't get their actions which can be pretty good. No Sphinx, but still.

My cat is very persuasive and pounces when I'm tired. But its good to know it's supposed to be mutual, a dog would wait on my guy for years, a cat figures it owns half a dozen kids so what's one less, easy come, easy go and the next food-providing-schmuck wizard is only a purr away...

• 2 months later...

I don't think I'd sacrifice even if evil. Even evil tyrants with world domination plans need an evil fish to keep them company. Especially if you end up backstabbing all of your friends.

Besides that, a familiar is how you can enhance your own stats for adventures. And let them have adventures of their own. If training changes in later years, possibilities are limitless. And you don't get their actions which can be pretty good. No Sphinx, but still.

There's many types of evil, some just prefer to be alone.

I do get that it's unwise to do this on a mechanical level because of the usefulness of said familiar, but I occassionally do unwise things just to have fun in a game.

Archived