Black Chicken Studios Forums

Second Game for 2014?!

Schwarzbart

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I hope SP3 or 4 is the continuation to Scheherazade... I doubt that is the case, but a boy can hope, can't he? :)

I wonder what it IS though,...

Most of the games, if not all, have been some degree of roleplaying yet varied in their expression of this. Sooo,... a farming sim maybe? but you play as a host of locust who have to move quick before you get sprayed... yeah... it could be a commentary on the large number of pesticides that we humans use :P

I'll admit, I may be a bit off, but maybe, just maybe, we will see 'The locust revenge' in the coming year!

BookDeBlonk I personal would not expect it before winter.

My suspicion is that we need to wait at last 6 Month probably more like 1 year after DLC 16 is released because the Legate told us that DLC 17 and Year 2 is planed for around the same time.

Sadly the Legate was issued a gagging order to make any release expectations in the public. (Hopeful that's a correct translation)

It was actual made public what they are working on earlier on this thread

I should add, that one of them is a Kickstarted project coming soon .

We're also doing a book, not a game, but that's more of a personal project from some of the team. Not Academagia related, though, sadly. :)

I remember we talked about where the students families live.

Most of them would live in Mineta, those who didn't pick or who picked Renaglian or whatever the name was... I'm terrible with names, I've always been more interested in function and meaning, personality than names. Kind of makes me terrible at remembering peoples names aswell ;)

Anyway, will their home/family differ depending on backgrounds?

Things like Wealthy, well to do, no pick, and up from destitution. Surely the homes of those families would differ somewhat.

Wealthy and well to do might have somewhat slightly similar homes, just that wealthy families had several homes around the country, and possibly more servants. well to do might have fewer or no servants. They likely got a maid that handles some of the domestic work at the very least.

The no pick average family and up from destitution would likely have somewhat similar familyhomes. At least on the outside.

Then there were several other social classifications, Noble, merchant, no pick. Sports, Crafting, Wizards, Religious, nevermind all those who dabbled in Gates and possibly Mastery. There were also picks with distant relations to Royalty or heroes, saints and crazy people....

Then there were other cultural backgrounds.

There seems to be a lot of IF= Yes/no?!? in those descriptions.

Just getting the summer and your time away from school make sense seems to be a challenge. Especialy since you will either be spending some time getting to them or spending time with them and run your adventures and exploits from outside the Academagia.

And you really can't throw in a Professor that gives you a detention for skipping classes in the middle of that! (Unless ofcourse the professor is suffering from some kind of mental condition or hostile spell)

Have you worked that out already or is that still one of those things causing a delay? :D

That's just a part of the game, so I can understand if it's taking quite a bit of time. But I'm looking forward to seeing it soon!

Somehow this games setting reminds me a littlebit of Discworld, It's like a cross between Harry Potter and Discworld, the characters might be a littlebit less crazy than the discworld characters but the era seems somewhat similar, and it's just one world that everyone shares, there is no differentiation between magic wielding people and non-magic wielding people other than their interest/opportunity to learn.

I think it's a good thign that magic isn't a yes or no question at birth even if people might have an easier or harder time learning it.

I'm looking forward to it, getting to know your family could add a lot of flavor to the experience.

Inside the house you run across your Grandmother.

Great! Our wizard is home, maybe s/he can conjur up my lost slippers!

Exits:

Astrology! (Straight forward)

or

Good old fashioned detective work....

or

Revision! (Turn two old banana peels into a pair of slippers! Might work long enough to get rid of this ridiculous request!)

or

Glamour! (Even better than the Revision alternative, just make her and others think she's already wearing her slippers!)

or

Gates! (Litteraly try to summon some slippers! (You might endup with a stampeding herd of Sheep or something instead however)

or

Just slink away (gain some stress from the comments hurled at you for not helping out, and feeling of not being welcome or properly appreciated)

Actualy, no I wasn't going to use glamour on the bananapeels, but, that would be an evilgenious thing to do to someone you really hate.

Considering how slippery that would be it could be potentialy dangerous or lifethreatening depending on where they are.

@Leoshi

Are you sure you want a delayed invisibility spell for peoples clothing rather than a delayed translucency/Opacity spell?

Or maybe you want them to suddenly look like people with a head and hands but no body?

I have a feeling you would rather want to embarras them than make them look scarry to others, or help them hide.

I remember the Adventure where you make an invisibility cloak for the Legate/Legates team.

That confusion could probably make for a nice quest. Knowing the difference between Translucency and Invisibility(which is more like coppying the skills of a Cammelion.)

Just imagine a Student who makes thier skin Translusent, kind of yucky, but it might impart some Anatomy knowledge. So even if it was a failure it might be something which they learn something from.

And a student that tries to make an enemy appear naked in public and uses an Invisibility spell on their clothing might just make their enemy invisible so they get an easier time repaying you for the prank.

Leoshi...do you really want to use that on Grandma?

Also, you'd be the first one they'd point fingers at. Make it more subtle than that. At the very least make the slippers bite her fingers from time to time.

I hope Leoshi wasn't talking about Grandma. That would give blacksheep a new meaning XD

I'm looking forward to it, getting to know your family could add a lot of flavor to the experience.

Inside the house you run across your Grandmother.

Great! Our wizard is home, maybe s/he can conjur up my lost slippers!

Exits:

Astrology! (Straight forward)

or

Good old fashioned detective work....

or

Revision! (Turn two old banana peels into a pair of slippers! Might work long enough to get rid of this ridiculous request!)

or

Glamour! (Even better than the Revision alternative, just make her and others think she's already wearing her slippers!)

or

Gates! (Litteraly try to summon some slippers! (You might endup with a stampeding herd of Sheep or something instead however)

or

Just slink away (gain some stress from the comments hurled at you for not helping out, and feeling of not being welcome or properly appreciated)

Observation: Look at her feet

"Uhh you wearing them already!"

Poor grandmama! Not only is her feet gooey from the banana-peel-slippers (Which she is wearing on top of her normal slippers - which lessened the gooeiness a little bit, but only a little) but her body is missing as well!

The young people of today have no respect. None at all.

(And for once I think I might agree with that statement :P )

By Orsi's Balding Head! Not like that MadHatt!! I mean delayed Invisibility so that I am the only one who knows where the slippers are and where they will appear!

I get browny points for being such a good grandson.

ಠ_ಠ

Legate! Please make a note here, MadHatt has become madder and Albert can be your technical expert on magical applications.

Archived