Black Chicken Studios Forums

Most Potent Magic Adventure

Rhialto

I have noticed, when loading my completed Autosaves, that there always seems to be an adventure on the adventure menu that can be selected and played just like a normal adventure. The adventure is called Most Potent Magic, and cannot, to the best of my knowledge be selected before 1 Kapsus. The adventure, when listed in the Adventure menu, represents itself not as the first stage in a new adventure, but as the latest stage in an already initiated series of adventures whose names indicate that they relate to the end of the school year. The adventure, when played, is a sequence of vignettes related to completing the school year and saying farewell to friends. The names of the stages are: End Story 06 Possessions, End Story 07 Travel, Farewell to Friends...and Enemies, End Story 08 Denouement, and Home.

My question is: were these stages accidentally cut from the finale of the game, or were they meant to be fully cut from the game? either way, their presence and unlocking seems a bug. The stages themselves have minor typos and bugs that I could fix, but I do not feel comfortable pointing such out until I know whether the adventure stages were meant to be in the game.

Those stages you should see at the end of the game. Most Potent Magic is the sixth stage (or phase, technically) of the game's end adventure. The one that should initiate on Kaliri 28 and trigger the credits.

As for triggering it, definitely a bug, although if it only can be triggered post-Kaliri than it hardly matters.

Well, I never get the Most Potent Magic is the sixth stage (or phase, technically) of the game's end adventure, nor the other phases that I listed, when I end my games. The only way I get those phases is through initiating the Most Potent Magic phase after Kaliri when I reload my endgame autosaves. I play using the Steam Version, if that helps.

That is...odd :huh:. I've certainly seen it before, admittedly in older versions, but it should still be there.

...Actually, according to the mod tools stage 5's automatic exit, which IIRC you only get (and/or pick) when you have Mr. Pebbles, doesn't automatically load the next stage. It has a date range rather than an offset. Don't know if got fixed since then, but if not there's your problem.

Archived