Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 98 - Knives Day

von_Lipstig

As her commanding officer, I believe it would be rather uncouth of me to order Orion to do such a thing.  However, I am feeling in a rather uncouth mood today. I think I shall pick option #1, much as I wish to sate my curiosity on the third option.

Option #2, because I admit I would love to give that order to any british Walküre at any given time.

For everyone who likes good speculation.

Spoiler

Redacted 1 is General Mola imho. Italian sub, sold secretly to Spain during the civil war. Original name: Archimede, who was an engineer/inventor and the story about his death is related to him not recognising what's going on around him, because he was busy thinking. I have my best man for it on the Barcelona connection. Let's hope he can seal my conclusion or it was simply the spanish connection. @von_Lipstig Da Vinci lacks the connection to Spain, but since it's the most succesful non-german sub, she's probably in the RM BUT not before the 16th Sep 1939. And if I'm not mistaken we only get Walküren who are commissioned prior to the 1st of Sep 1939? @Shirogane I think the inventions and the "circumstantial impaired hearing" swing the pendulum in the favour of my guess. And if anyone wonders why we all three expect the Walküre to be of italian origin: She says "Capitano" instead of "Capitán". And just in case Barcelona is a red herring like the communist red: Then she's the Brin-class Archimede from 1939 who has for whatever reasons a deal with a spanish toy company going.

Redacted 2 is either Achilles or Ajax, because Leander has a rather short story and Neptune.... well no. I wouldn't call it "heroic feats in Neptunes case. But I'm not here to play neutral. My money goes to Ajax. I like him better, we see redacted 2 in a defensive manouvre in which she takes no damage (screams Ajax to me) and I only found (a silly) connection to homing/carrier pigeons for Ajax, but not for Achilles. Sorry @lazarusdw.

Redacted 3 ... yeah only one italian ship has one sister in '39 and a reason to be nervous at the ides of March. I think. Giulio Cesare. And by everything I could find, the Conte di Cavour was probably a very busy person. So why shouldn't the Walküre be also.

Redacted 4.... okay, british or american..... busy post ship.... keen about collecting a tap, but granting taps.... and since Rawalpindi doesn't show up in von_Lipstigs list, I guess.... she's not on it, maybe? After a bit of own research I put my money on HMs Jervis Bay and secretly hope it is HMS Pretoria Castle.

Spoiler

... и на третий день вождь Зоркий Глаз заметил что в камере не хватает одной стены >_<

>archimedes

>flying toys

:huh:

>commisioned before 9.39

'fore 3.39 fixed FTGJ:P

>R4

RTFU:>> us Greco-Roman Belles

*popcorn*

On 25.3.2018 at 11:13 PM, von_Lipstig said:
  Hide contents

>R4

RTFU:>> us Greco-Roman Belles

*popcorn*

Hm, true. Scratch Jervis Bay..... and Pretoria comes from Latin, but is a bit far fetched. Also scratched. Sooo.... HMS Hermes? Because the messenger diety fits the messenger job? And I like the idea of another Carrier put right in front of our eyes, but we can't be sure. Except we go with the "Mailship"/RMS approach, then I have this nice list. Also I will then put my money on RMS Corfu.

Care to share some of that popped corn? All that clue hunting makes me hungry.
P.S.: I simply ignored the "flying machine" thing, because an Archimede gifted with "our" timeline tech would've probably have no problems coming up with a flying toy. But I admit it is the only thing why I considered LdV at all.

Hi ho!

First of all, something that I didn't mention in its first iteration: thanks, Mineta, for placing links as part of the opening thread, as it helped out my browsing a lot.

Second, my vote goes to option 3. My reasoning is in the spoiler below.

Option 1 is definitely the funniest of the bunch, but it feels like It's giving them too much credit. We had a very funny interaction with them before, but unless it is common knowledge that those two are nimble pickpocketers, I believe these conversations are set in a fluid timeline, where some come before or even after others, considering the order of Belles each player will have will not be the same if we consider the full roster. So the theft experience that we feel from them could come after the Ides of March, so the Captain's resentment may not be there. Also, placing a trap on the kettle could mean its loss, something that Orion wouldn't approve (but if Captains chose this option to make her suffer a bit, I won't object them).

Option 2 is a bit more of focus on the unknown Belle and the prevailing of the Captain's quality of life on board. Which follows the same credit-stealing as option 1.

Option 3 is my choice because Orion is the protagonist of this scenario, hence it's fitting we learn somewhat more about her motives.

Option 4 seems redundant because for Orion to ask the Captain to buy the pots it would mean she should have known their cost, or at least it was communicated when the Captain told her the deal was done. Being ignorant of such would be a flaw of her character in my opinion. 

Archived