Black Chicken Studios Forums

Befriend - what friendship level is ideal?

LaughingHero

I tried to befriend someone from the same college at friendship level 2 and failed. What is the ideal friendship level, is that too low or was it a bad roll?

What do you do to get friends, do you use gossip several times? What's the normal procedure, since the game isn't that clear and I'm not sure how high are you supposed to raise it with gossip and then use befriend.

Unknown. Befriend relies on arcane mechanics that aren't known in any sort of detail.

As for raising relationships, Gossip is only great if you have stupidly high Charm/Gossip rolls, otherwise you're honestly better off trying Befriend again. Each attempt, failed or not, raises your relationship with your target by 1, so each attempt is more likely to succeed than the last. I don't know what the "normal procedure" is, if there even is one, but personally I spam Befriend in the Garden Gallery to get my first two friends, and on all subsequent friends I burn my entire bank worth of Stress Bonus in the Great Hall.

To get the first one into your clique is actual "easy" if you using Garden Gallery or Great Hall as location for your befriend action and the friendship as at last at level 2. But for the second or later member of your clique the relationship to all other member of your clique for the potential new member is at last as important then the one you have to him / her. Most important do not even try to get someone in your clique that have a negative relationship to a already existing clique member or you find your clique breaking apart!!

Thanks! What friendship level do you normally have before it works? So if it always increases the friendship level, it's even better than socialize, no? Unless you want to increase those social skills.

Edit: Ha, I've posted just as Schwarzbart replied. How can you see whom do they like or dislike? When I click on a name I only see my relationship with them, unless I'm mistaken. What number of membrs do you usually have in your clique?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived