Black Chicken Studios Forums

Update 161 new year

lazarusdw

Happy new year!  Glad to see the devs do care.  It's been quite some time since an actual development update, and we really were overdue for some numbers.  It is excellent to see how close we are to finally getting this game out into the world.  I really do hope it does well.

On a related note, I highly recommend that BCS puts what effort they can into advertising as soon as possible.  I've seen games truly live and die on advertising.  One of my favorite games of all time only ever reached a server population of a couple thousand because the developers didn't care to tell anyone they made a game, and it was shut down within 3 months.  It really is important in today's market.  The sooner you bring up more interest in your game, the better it will do in the long run.  As much as our little community is devoted to Victory Belles, it really seems at the moment to be just us.  There's only double digits of members on the discord server, and I wouldn't be surprised if half of those are just people who forgot to delete the server when they lost interest in the long development process.   If we're still the only ones who know about the game at launch, I fear for the game's prospects.

Happy New Year to all!

Although its not the game I personal hoping for, its at last a new game from BCS that will see a release in 2020 ^^. With the crunch and bugfix phase of VB planed for for this year I have high doubts BCS will release any other game this year what is natural sad for the  people of the other games that wait for the 2nd Year of the initial planed series.

35 minutes ago, Dmnt said:

Didn't you say the same last year?
And the year before that?

Yes they did but the caveat with those were saying it at the start of the year and expecting to finish near the end. Unfortunately things went wrong and losses had happened this time however they are saying they are expecting to launch in next three or four months which makes me hopeful

On 1/6/2020 at 6:12 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

TH;

Thanks! Actually, some of the '40 Belles were produced a couple of years back. It's going to be real interesting. ;)

Ooooh... any hints, previews, or subtle references as to who may appear?