Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Eh, my goal is to proof that one magic alone can do anything through creativity, knowledge, and power. So on retrospect, using external ingredient/assistance like bird wing, stem cell, and other magic will ruin the goal.

HeatTalon;

Sure- off hand, you can use:

Incantation for general Incantation use.

Incantation Methods for specialized techniques of Incantation.

Incantation Theory for knowledge about Incantation.

Incantation Phemes for specialized knowledge about Phemes, or perhaps how to draw them.

Incantation Spells for specialized knowledge about Spells, or perhaps how to cast them.

...did that answer your question? :)

HeatTalon;

Sure- off hand, you can use:

Incantation for general Incantation use.

Incantation Methods for specialized techniques of Incantation.

Incantation Theory for knowledge about Incantation.

Incantation Phemes for specialized knowledge about Phemes, or perhaps how to draw them.

Incantation Spells for specialized knowledge about Spells, or perhaps how to cast them.

...did that answer your question? :)

Eh, I always thought Methods and the parent skill are interchangeable. :o

That reminds me, I meant to ask this a long time ago...

Are there established rules on getting food via Gates? (And is exceptions possible?)

Better now then later where you had to inform me that my entire chain has to go into the bin because Gates can't work that way :P

Alllllllllllllllllright.

Due to an unfortunate incident in the kitchen regarding two certain students from Aranaz and Vernin, the recently reopened and renamed Premium Minetan Catering will be serving dinner for the next two day. Highlights include Leoshi Pies (Fully vegan1 and anti-allergies2)and Royal Schwarzbart Fields Tea (for selected individuals3).

What about laws? I suppose public reaction won't be favorable save for eccentric tastes, after all. Unless you mean there's a long line of history about that, like Icanyke gating her food :huh:

Good night. :P

1: Our special guest lecture on acquiring ingredients for said delicacies are mandatory for Botany students and Philippe Marchant (attendance is GUARANTEED)

2. Brand new formula based on magic similar to Glamour that actually make the problem go away! No unpleasant sensation nor awkward reaction from your friends!

3. Only intended for these UNDESIRABLES studying FORBIDDEN, BLATANTLY EVIL MAGIC. This refreshing cocktail born from a collaboration between two generations of the Schwarzbart family and our company is sure to PURGE ANY EVIL MAGIC and prevent said UNDESIRABLES from working their evil magic ever again (Side effects include instant death via negation of existence)

Besides, gating in your food... :blink: I can see that it might be needed after a while.. if trapped in a place with no food and you can't get out and your incantation'ed food just isn't working anymore (considering magic isn't 'real' the food wouldn't in the strictest sense be real either - though that may be me misunderstanding magic rules (I am only a first year - so don't sue me!)) Still considering the risk of bringing in unexpected dinner-guests I'm not sure I'd care to take the chance :)

Another question! Are princes (not the sons of kings)(and their families) considered royalty or 'just' nobility?

Food from all sources can be nourishing to a point, but the duration of its existence needs to be over a day, at least, for it to be nutritional. Mages who attempt to subsist on magically created food alone find that it is never enough, and weeks or months of the diet leads to malnutrition and starvation. The longer the duration of the spell which created it, though, the more nutrition it ultimately has.

This has nothing to do with taste, though- which I suppose makes magically created food the ultimate in diet food. :)

Is there any particular character anyone ever builds relationships with? For example, Phillipe (I have a feeling he's the most popular kid on these forums) ended up in a clique with Amada. Another time it was with Emilia S. I don't think I've ever seen him in the same clique with Joana even though she would probably try that in a split second. Relationships also defy college rivalries with Cyrus in the same clique with Cirillo and Luti and Aranaz with Durand (I forget which ones exactly)

Will that change in Year Two? Make friendships at least partly scripted so that personalities at least match? Because I cannot imagine what Amada and Phillipe talk about.

And of course, if I see Lambert and Aymeri in the same clique it is a sign that the dragons are coming. So I'll watch out for that.

There are some characters that certain Students will try to build Relationship, and at least that impulse is scripted. I don't think we'd ever make friendships scripted, per se, but personality influences will continue to build to make certain Relationships increasingly likely. You can throw a wrench in this at any time, of course. :)

Mwahahaha! Beware Aranaz and Durand...

I'm pairing Joana and Girars, Phillipe and Ana Flavia and maybe Cyrus with Sigalis. I have a feeling my studying may suffer.

Honestly, my first character approach was a wait and observe. I did quests and tried to stay out of cliques to see how relationships develop. I was very surprised at some of them and I can understand not wanting to force them on a path because no game is the same that way. But some are really really weird. Cannot wait to see how they evolve in Year Two.

Legate;

But technically Philippe should have some people who will be in his gang right? I mean you can't possibly believe that Neso would join him right?

And if you think that this next question is a little weird then feel free not to answer it.

How does Philippe even give a wedgie? I mean the boys wear robes that reach down to the ground, not to mention trousers, so how fast can he move?

MadHatt;

Ana Flavia and Philippe? Really?