Black Chicken Studios Forums

Canadian Pride!

Yeah I'd wager Trudeau is a touchy subject (Politics and all that being touchy in and of itself)

Still yeah, It's fun to look back and read up on Canadian history and note that Canadians have a fairly proud history during the great wars, despite our current peaceful image. Like at the start of WW2 we had I think somewhere about only 7 ships at the start, but by the end of it Canada was fourth or some such in navy strength and production in the world which is a pretty impressive considering.

Yeah I'd wager Trudeau is a touchy subject (Politics and all that being touchy in and of itself)

Still yeah, It's fun to look back and read up on Canadian history and note that Canadians have a fairly proud history during the great wars, despite our current peaceful image. Like at the start of WW2 we had I think somewhere about only 7 ships at the start, but by the end of it Canada was fourth or some such in navy strength and production in the world which is a pretty impressive considering.

Luckily it was only 1 (now 2) postings. Moving on......

I've been doing that before & during, and even after the whole Kickstarter that I continue to pride myself in our Canadian Navy. All those little & big things I'm spotting, with this community's assistance also, that it's just making me Canadian Pride louder. It's all thanks to the likes of KanColle that I'm even being this loud & proud about the naval war, as with exploring the Canadian navy. Seeing the 'Flower-Class Corvettes' with turret emblems/art, two light cruisers (Uganda & Ontario), three proud & adaptable armed cruisers, three captured surrendering U-boats (one we claimed as our own), and even those proud Tribal-Destroyers being awesome. Same with the River-class, two of which were brought to my attention of being awesome, among others. How can you not be proud? We indeed have something like the third-fifth largest navy because we focused more on pushing the German submarine threat back.

We didn't have time to play around like the US did by shunning the blacks out of British pubs, being 'culture shocked' at seeing British using woman in military positions, nor allow U-boats to purposely sink various merchant vessels outside of New York under USA watch. Lives were being lost, and in massive numbers, that we wanted to get it all done and over with. We wanted to help the Allied forces badly, or else it would have hurt North America. Even us Canadians were being brutally effected by the submarine threat with submarines going in and around the St. Lawrence river that we needed those small 'Flower-Class Corvettes & Destroyers'. British had the ability & focus to attack battleships, yet we had to make do with what were were given, and we used it to the best of our abilities to knock out the submarine threat. We wanted to defend our allies. We even knocked ourselves out for a year to modernize our fleet to have better radar to detect the pesky obnoxious German U-boats, even stretching our Canadian lines thin while USA did whatever it was doing. I don't want to sound Anti-American, yet on a mission to knock them down a peg every time they bring up this "Freedom" crap while we Canadians, British, & Allied forces BEGGED (yes, BEGGED) for their assistance while they wanted to party. They were rusty during the first half that they didn't even want to fight, reasonably so. We however fought, and we fought to our fullest. The Germans feared us because we didn't play games. We even had criminals & ex-convicts gain a "Queen's" (or was it King's) pardon to partake in the war, with an example being those on HMCS Prince Robert. I find it insulting when we Canadians end up being discarded because we had a navy full of "small vessels" while people end up having those stupid 'BB" boners.

All this wiki & WW2 documentaries has me being bitter about USA's role in WW2, even how we Canadians are always forgotten in western WW2 games that it has to take a Romanian Ubisoft division (Silent Hunter 3 game), as well as a British studio to make the like of 'Victory at Sea' to add Canadians under UK Banner. Any western game just adds one stupid gimmicky reference, and all is forgotten again (Battlefield 1942 & Company of Heroes). If you find my rude & obnoxious then it's just me having a horrifyingly brutal craving for a good WW2 navy type game, more so with having the 'Brave & Proud' Canadians in it to do battle with. The navy genre is still too thin to have fun with, as well as poorly designed that it needs more care and attention.

Also, sorry about the rambling again, yet it seemed to have opened up some hidden thoughts again.....I'm just highly annoyed we Canadians keep being forgotten in war games, even though we keep doing our major part in it. Like a bad smoke & booze habit, I just want a fun Canadian war experience, that's all. It's apparently too much to ask with there being a BB boner, and such.

It is what it is :D .

I've taken some solace that while we may not be the most flashiest of those on the battlefield, and perhaps we're not particularly fond of being there (war is hell after all) but we get what we need to get done. We do our job and we do it well, when I was much younger I did take offence at reading in a history book a quote from a Russian delegate that Canada was "the boring second fiddle in the American orchestra". I suppose it caused me to start looking into Canada's history more and take real pride in Canadian accomplishments (Since it is a somewhat justified stereotype that Canada goes out of it's way to show how it's not the United States).

Still it is an interesting fact that is often overlooked that WW2 was the first war Canada entered as it's own entity, and didn't jump right in step after Britain did (we DID wait a week or so :P ). Interestingly it had it's own slew of problems as well. People were war fatigued and not keen on jumping into another war right away, and then there was that mutiny in Terrace BC (See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrace_Mutiny for more info :) ). Nasty bit of business that.

I guess it is. Well, at least we have Silent Hunter 3, Victory at Sea, & even the likes of Victory Belles to finally do things proper. When VB adds more then the more respect they gain all around, and from the Canadians. Even from me, whatever that may mean to them.

Ya, I'm now resting on the same part that we just get stuff done. We might rival the Germans in certain areas of efficiency that we can fight them as equals without doing stupid things in the process. You can expect a nice fair & mighty fight from us. History is indeed cruel, like how I even noted how both UK & USA played down Dutch's accomplishments in more tonnage sunk during WW2 that they told the Dutch to chill out. They wanted that pride for themselves. You noting how Russia saying that also, with others, not sitting well. "Boring second fiddle" makes me want to drop a highly severe F-bomb in return after all those lives were lost on both the merchants & those on the Flower-Class Corvette & Destroyers. We were pushed to our limit, as with other nations in other areas. Ya, 'Boring second fiddle' when you had various sailors burning alive in oil, being hunted by submarines both day & night, even having to battle in the brutal and unforgiving Atlantic weather. Visibility becomes nil (nothing), and such. I had similar experiences when playing Silent Hunter 3 that I actually admire the Canadians for what they did in those hostile conditions when trying to even target merchants on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Another interesting fact to note about your WW2 bit being that we declared war on Japan first, yet that means nothing to people. We declared it a day earlier, then USA jumped on it for Pearl Harbor. That, and those in the Quebec province did not, ONE BIT, enjoy the forced conscription also. They kept rioting, tantruming, and being a pain. Seeing as how they're still doing that to this day about school, and various other things, it seems it's a normal thing for Quebec to constantly tantrum about things. I however do have to give pride to HMCS Ville de Quebec to connect with the French pride. We also had some neat French fighters.

I guess it is. Well, at least we have Silent Hunter 3, Victory at Sea, & even the likes of Victory Belles to finally do things proper. When VB adds more then the more respect they gain all around, and from the Canadians. Even from me, whatever that may mean to them.

Ya, I'm now resting on the same part that we just get stuff done. We might rival the Germans in certain areas of efficiency that we can fight them as equals without doing stupid things in the process. You can expect a nice fair & mighty fight from us. History is indeed cruel, like how I even noted how both UK & USA played down Dutch's accomplishments in more tonnage sunk during WW2 that they told the Dutch to chill out. They wanted that pride for themselves. You noting how Russia saying that also, with others, not sitting well. "Boring second fiddle" makes me want to drop a highly severe F-bomb in return after all those lives were lost on both the merchants & those on the Flower-Class Corvette & Destroyers. We were pushed to our limit, as with other nations in other areas. Ya, 'Boring second fiddle' when you had various sailors burning alive in oil, being hunted by submarines both day & night, even having to battle in the brutal and unforgiving Atlantic weather. Visibility becomes nil (nothing), and such. I had similar experiences when playing Silent Hunter 3 that I actually admire the Canadians for what they did in those hostile conditions when trying to even target merchants on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Another interesting fact to note about your WW2 bit being that we declared war on Japan first, yet that means nothing to people. We declared it a day earlier, then USA jumped on it for Pearl Harbor. That, and those in the Quebec province did not, ONE BIT, enjoy the forced conscription also. They kept rioting, tantruming, and being a pain. Seeing as how they're still doing that to this day about school, and various other things, it seems it's a normal thing for Quebec to constantly tantrum about things. I however do have to give pride to HMCS Ville de Quebec to connect with the French pride. We also had some neat French fighters.

I would like to state right out of the gate that it's just my opinions down below. I've had some time to let it stew and think it over and it's just my thoughts.

It's up to Victory Belles as to what ships they want to include. Remember, they have so much budget and so much development time and resources. If they end up making more Canadian ships, then that's all good and fine with me, but from a business stand point, they have to at least knock out the popular vessels first before looking into others. That's not to say they haven't done that already with some ships that have been announced. You also have to remember that Victory Belles is about ALL nations, not just Canada, and they're doing the best they can to be as inclusive as possible. The point is, don't get upset if they end up not having more than a fleet's worth (6) of Canadian ships, because you at least have more than Turkey will most likely have. It comes down to budget, time, resources, and if they are able to make a good Belle and good Belle story line out of the ship.

I'm still of the mindset that perhaps it would have been more prudent to make this a "Minor Nations Pride!" thread, so as to invite people to talk about others, like the Dutch and the Poles and even the Turks. Other than the Dutch Resistance, I don't know much about what the Dutch did. And I'm of the personal opinion that the only minor nation that deserves unadulterated praise is Malta for the gallantry they performed early on in the war. It's the first of two recipients of a collective George Cross, and they have a depiction of it in the upper hoist corner of the flag. A tiny little island nation which, if lost, may have lost the war early on for the Allies in North Africa. To me, they're more deserving of more praise than anyone.

And finally, while I respect your pride in your country, and I understand your dislike of people being obnoxious about the big 3, there's a reason why they're the big 3. Russia endured millions of casualties to keep Hitler's more experienced forces tied up in the East and hung on by a thread. Great Britain suffered from the Blitz and stood essentially alone in Europe. Without the Arsenal of Democracy (America), neither of these two nations would have managed to hold on as long as they have, and I consider myself to be a proud Englishman. Yes, what Canada did in the war was nothing short of amazing, as they did in the First World War (which by the way, in terms of games Call of Heroes 3 does have a campaign where you swap between the US Army, British SAS, French Resistance, Canadian Army, and Polish Armour Division), and I agree that they deserve more credit than they get, but at the end of the day, you're trying to compare to the big heavyweights, and in the end, were it not for America's industrial might, no one, not the English, not the Russian, and certainly not the Canadians, would have been able to do as well as they did.

All;

From our standpoint, it's perfectly fine to have a Canadian thread: have at it!

Of course, as you already know, the Team weighs the major Fleets of the world accordingly, and while there is more than Canadian (and Australian) Belle in the game, that doesn't mean that it will be more than 2, necessarily. Even in '45, I wouldn't expect the ratio of RN to RCN to ever be *very* high.

That said, these kinds of threads are important because we like to hear from fans. And if the Canadians want to be extra vocal, well, historically the Team rewards that kind of thing... ;)

Your opinion has been noted & accepted. That's fine

1) Naturally. It's up to BCS to add whatever they want, and why I'm respecting them even considering adding in HMCS Saguenay. If they add in Skeena, and others then that be awesome. More respect to them from the community & myself, whatever that means to them. You'd have roughly 10-20 Canadian Belles to have fun with, out of the numerous line-ups listed. Each time I make a nice list it ends up being roughly 10-20 names long. Again, I'm 100% aware it's all to BCS to add in whatever they see fit, then add in Canadians within, or after such. Whatever works at that moment, and beyond. I also feel like what I said was also misunderstood because I'm always seeing USA here, USA there, USA everywhere that I enjoy a nice breath of fresh air whenever I look at the Das Boot movie, or even Silent Hunter 3 game. That, & those various Japanese movies focusing on the heavy emotions of battle on Axis side. I'm constantly seeking seeking variety in games that Victory Belles advertises itself as such.

I'm baffled/puzzled as to why it seems I'm trying to force Canada onto the main spotlight when I just want to play as them/admire them/connect to them. I guess I'm being too proud while craving a good RCN related fight. I guess I'm seeing that long-awaited crack in the wall to finally be able to do such. I'd happily welcome Dutch being in the spotlight also, as well as Sweden, and others. I"m happy Admiral Graf Spee, & Rawa are being spotlighted. Again, variety. Even waiting on KanColle to consider adding in at least HMCS Haida, HMCS Uganda, or something, yet not really expecting it. It be a nice surprise, yet not something I'd 100% expect. It's more of a USA thing being spotlighted everywhere.

2) Yes, that was brought up that I should have made it more generalized, yet it's too late now. The damage has been done, as with my 'hostile' (agitated) postings. We now have to flow with it while doing similar, or something. As mentioned on both our ends that we would happily welcome the likes of Dutch pride, as well as any others. More Spanish, French, & others also. I was too proud & excited to have seen HMCS Saguenay that I jumped the gun, as with the whole Bismarck being male incident we had. I felt defeated on Bismarck end.

3) Every nation had to endure high casualties so I wouldn't really single out Russia, yet they really did have a high body count. It's horrible. Yup, agreed that I really have nothing else to say to that, except that I hope EA adds in WW1 related Canadian battlefields which aren't gimmicky. It be another round of 'Canadian Depression' I'd have to face, and it's not a nice one. Guilt tripped into not being able to admire my national pride in war time with others whining & crying they aren't in a game, yet they've been in every other game. It gets pretty nasty, and a sick thought when we think of a sadistic event as entertainment in a game, yet this is at least for a learning experience. Right? 0_o

----

(Edit: That last one I didn't word properly. I don't know how to word my third response properly. I do agree with what Wellington said though. About #2, I know why, yet there's another meaning to it, and it's not sarcasm. Still baffled though.)

Your opinion has been noted & accepted. That's fine

1) Naturally. It's up to BCS to add whatever they want, and why I'm respecting them even considering adding in HMCS Saguenay. If they add in Skeena, and others then that be awesome. More respect to them from the community & myself, whatever that means to them. You'd have roughly 10-20 Canadian Belles to have fun with, out of the numerous line-ups listed. Each time I make a nice list it ends up being roughly 10-20 names long. Again, I'm 100% aware it's all to BCS to add in whatever they see fit, then add in Canadians within, or after such. Whatever works at that moment, and beyond. I also feel like what I said was also misunderstood because I'm always seeing USA here, USA there, USA everywhere that I enjoy a nice breath of fresh air whenever I look at the Das Boot movie, or even Silent Hunter 3 game. That, & those various Japanese movies focusing on the heavy emotions of battle on Axis side. I'm constantly seeking seeking variety in games that Victory Belles advertises itself as such.

I'm baffled/puzzled as to why it seems I'm trying to force Canada onto the main spotlight when I just want to play as them/admire them/connect to them. I guess I'm being too proud while craving a good RCN related fight. I guess I'm seeing that long-awaited crack in the wall to finally be able to do such. I'd happily welcome Dutch being in the spotlight also, as well as Sweden, and others. I"m happy Admiral Graf Spee, & Rawa are being spotlighted. Again, variety. Even waiting on KanColle to consider adding in at least HMCS Haida, HMCS Uganda, or something, yet not really expecting it. It be a nice surprise, yet not something I'd 100% expect. It's more of a USA thing being spotlighted everywhere.

2) Yes, that was brought up that I should have made it more generalized, yet it's too late now. The damage has been done, as with my 'hostile' (agitated) postings. We now have to flow with it while doing similar, or something. As mentioned on both our ends that we would happily welcome the likes of Dutch pride, as well as any others. More Spanish, French, & others also. I was too proud & excited to have seen HMCS Saguenay that I jumped the gun, as with the whole Bismarck being male incident we had. I felt defeated on Bismarck end.

3) Every nation had to endure high casualties so I wouldn't really single out Russia, yet they really did have a high body count. It's horrible. Yup, agreed that I really have nothing else to say to that, except that I hope EA adds in WW1 related Canadian battlefields which aren't gimmicky. It be another round of 'Canadian Depression' I'd have to face, and it's not a nice one. Guilt tripped into not being able to admire my national pride in war time with others whining & crying they aren't in a game, yet they've been in every other game. It gets pretty nasty, and a sick thought when we think of a sadistic event as entertainment in a game, yet this is at least for a learning experience. Right? 0_o

----

(Edit: That last one I didn't word properly. I don't know how to word my third response properly. I do agree with what Wellington said though.)

What it mostly comes down to is that you're complaining about how obnoxious Americans can be about their country in World War 2 (and I can agree that there are more than a few that do get obnoxious), but it's like you're fighting it by being obnoxious about Canada yourself. There's something off about the tone and wording in most of the posts, but it might be just me. I can get sick of all the America stuff, but I don't go whole hog and uberpatriotic about the UK's contributions. That's why it seems like you are, in your words, "trying to force Canada onto the main spotlight when I just want to play as them/admire them/connect to them". Ain't nothing wrong with that.

And going back to the America being everywhere, I'll reiterate an earlier statement that without the USA, no Allied nation would have lasted long against Germany. Russia needed America's Lend Lease vehicles and weapons. The UK needed ships and supplies else they'd starve to death. Yes Canada's navy did a great job for a minor nation, but there's absolutely no way without America's industrial might they could've stood any chance against the Kriegsmarine. America being everywhere is because they had to to keep the Axis from winning. That being said, when a documentary about D-Day talks about how only the American troops were brave and amazing, I get really annoyed.

I guess in short it's just that maybe you need to not react to things immediately and instead sit back and think, like with the Bismarck thing, and maybe just cool it down with the perceived fanaticism tone. I think if you take a few steps back and breathe before writing, it'll help keep you from going gung-ho.

The basic point is that it's perfectly ok to be proud, but it's when it becomes perceived as being obnoxiously patriotic like those you say you don't like, that's when people tend to have issues.

What it mostly comes down to is that you're complaining about how obnoxious Americans can be about their country in World War 2 (and I can agree that there are more than a few that do get obnoxious), but it's like you're fighting it by being obnoxious about Canada yourself. There's something off about the tone and wording in most of the posts, but it might be just me. I can get sick of all the America stuff, but I don't go whole hog and uberpatriotic about the UK's contributions. That's why it seems like you are, in your words, "trying to force Canada onto the main spotlight when I just want to play as them/admire them/connect to them". Ain't nothing wrong with that.

And going back to the America being everywhere, I'll reiterate an earlier statement that without the USA, no Allied nation would have lasted long against Germany. Russia needed America's Lend Lease vehicles and weapons. The UK needed ships and supplies else they'd starve to death. Yes Canada's navy did a great job for a minor nation, but there's absolutely no way without America's industrial might they could've stood any chance against the Kriegsmarine. America being everywhere is because they had to to keep the Axis from winning. That being said, when a documentary about D-Day talks about how only the American troops were brave and amazing, I get really annoyed.

I guess in short it's just that maybe you need to not react to things immediately and instead sit back and think, like with the Bismarck thing, and maybe just cool it down with the perceived fanaticism tone. I think if you take a few steps back and breathe before writing, it'll help keep you from going gung-ho.

Ya, that's exactly it now after being guilt tripped & told Canadians are worthless so I just become more frustrated, agitated, & such thanks to the people in the KanColle forums, and elsewhere. Me basically being in that 'Canadian depression' bit I brought up in the previous posting because I see myself as 'window shopping', yet others somehow get a free pass to enjoy what they need without effort. It's odd. Fighting fire with fire is how it ended up now that I regret & hate how it had to end up at this point just to admire the Canadian navy. I now have a negative reputation because of how pushed away it ended up becoming that people (you, Wellington also) keep making note of my temperamental side after the 'aftermath' of all it.

That I can agree with, yet USA didn't want to be apart of the war (I mentioned this also). They wanted to continue partying, which irritates me and why I become hostile also. When they finally did it was a much needed blessing which could have assisted many years & months earlier. That, and Europe is half-sick of US tourists being all obnoxious that they still have to knock the tourist's pride down a few pegs, or many. It gets nasty :wacko:

Ya, I do have a nasty temper, but it's thanks to dealing with many stupid people in return that I tend to bring it everywhere by mistake. I want to be all chill because it's a waste of energy fighting & keeping it prolonged that it just saps your energy, similar to a Succubus at night. Let's just have fun without guilt tripping (KanColle forums), without forcing people to play a certain way (not at you, or pointing fingers), & similar. I'm simply seeking variety in gaming that it's just troublesome. And I agree with you that I need to chill, yet that's also hard when your computer breaks down, people insult you in return, you're not allowed to play games your way, or whatever happens. Both things in and outside of your control. -_-

I do have to thank you for bringing up Canadian ships that I never knew about. Growing up in America as the son of Northerners, I kind of got sick of Veteran's day because it seems that no one cared about those in my family, be it my grandfather who was a Royal Engineer who helped build Mulberry Harbors, my other grandfather who was in the Dukes in North Africa and Italy, my great grandfather who was a sniper and bomber in the Dukes in the Great War, or my uncle who was a submariner during the 70s-90s. Eventually I ended up shrugging it off and celebrating myself, but educating those who took an interest. I bring all that up because I have very limited knowledge of ships that aren't the big names like Texas, Warspite, Rodney, Hood, Bismarck, Yamato, and Iowa. I never knew about Bulldog till I found Victory Belles and researched her, and that's how I fell in love with her and made her my waifu. I didn't know about Rawalpindi, nor Exeter or any of the other ships except Scharnhorst.

All;

From our standpoint, it's perfectly fine to have a Canadian thread: have at it!

Of course, as you already know, the Team weighs the major Fleets of the world accordingly, and while there is more than Canadian (and Australian) Belle in the game, that doesn't mean that it will be more than 2, necessarily. Even in '45, I wouldn't expect the ratio of RN to RCN to ever be *very* high.

That said, these kinds of threads are important because we like to hear from fans. And if the Canadians want to be extra vocal, well, historically the Team rewards that kind of thing... ;)

Well aware that the major nations shall do their thing first; They'll be the main focus, then it'll trickle down to the minor nations. That's a given, and something I'm expecting the whole of BCS to do. That part I understand fully.

I had trouble reading this that I had to have my friend make sense of what was said about the Canadian/Australian Belles. The part I didn't understand was the whole comparison of Canadian/Australian Belles with the RN. Even as an example, that's back to being depressing with 'no more than two', just enough to have a small fleet going, or a few of them. Basically what Germany & Italy have in KanColle, maybe double on the lucky side. Well, I guess I finally stopped being 'high' with my Canadian pride & hit that necessary brick wall again to ground myself back into reality. Again, I was expecting enough to have the major RCN Belles (not all) + Vancouver & Halifax, yet that now seems like it won't happen from that example. I'll wait it out though to see what ends up happening in the end.

Glad you believe so, yet I now once again feel horrible for the way I post, with obvious reasons. I just don't know what to do once again. It's a roller-coaster of emotions of being unsure if I should continue being proud, or just shut up to hide elsewhere in another game. Each day you awake with different moods so it's hard to have same thoughts as the day before.

Well aware that the major nations shall do their thing first; They'll be the main focus, then it'll trickle down to the minor nations. That's a given, and something I'm expecting the whole of BCS to do. That part I understand fully.

You can be proud of being Canadian and of your ships. Feel free to. You just need to try and get that happy medium, being proud but not being obnoxious about it. Feel free to talk about Canada's contributions, her vessels and heroes

That I can agree with, yet USA didn't want to be apart of the war (I mentioned this also). They wanted to continue partying, which irritates me and why I become hostile also. When they finally did it was a much needed blessing which could have assisted many years & months earlier. That, and Europe is half-sick of US tourists being all obnoxious that they still have to knock the tourist's pride down a few pegs, or many. It gets nasty :wacko:

Not ignoring the rest, per se, just pulling out a bit to add my own opinion to and also some historical reflection.

To start, I totally agree. I hate American documentaries and war pride. The Americans had divine levels of production potential, true, but they weren't all that good at fighting in the beginning, and even not the best at the end. The American strategy was more or less an organized variation on the Russian: "throw so many men at them that they drown in the blood." I despise American-made documentaries of the war because 1) they never mention battles the Americans lost, and 2) they're often like American movies: historically inaccurate for the sake of a bit more suspense.

That said, I also acknowledge America as the world superpower at the time, and accept that they did play one of the biggest, if not the biggest part(s), in the successful allied victory. Certainly, no one else had the carrier doctrines or practice or hardware to get anywhere close to countering Kido Butai.

And the Coup-de-Gras: America had a perfectly valid reason not to enter the war. It was not their war. No one declared war on them, and they had no notable war-worthy disputes with any of the parties involved, excepting Japan's invasion of China and Manchuria and the subsequent cutoff of American resources. And most importantly: War sucks. Look what it did to Russia. To Germany. To London. To Japan, the Philippines, Poland. No leader who cares for his people willingly gets involved in war unless it's in self-defense. (Even Hitler started the war to defend the German people against the threat of Bolshevism, which could be considered a credible danger.) America had no reason to enter the war until Pearl Harbor, and they were right not to.

@ArcticuKitsu

Eh, I think it's relatively forgivable. I mean I doubt anyone here is after or about any malice right? Just a bunch of people with a love of history, Ships or historical ship waifus! It's easy to get worked up into a frenzy about things :D after all when passions and emotions run high there's sure to be a few flare up here and there, but at the end of the day, we're all united in the fight against the Morganas.

Edit Addendum: But in the end, since I've obviously missed the ship on most of what you're saying for alienating yourself and what not, just take it one day at a time. We all have bad days, no sense in trying to lurk elsewhere. If you believe you've lost valuable allies or sabotaged yourself, it's never too late to fix up, repair or build an entirely new bridge (should it happen to have been set alight previously). VB has a long and bright future ahead of it (Or at the very least I hope it does :D ) I think you're better served remaining here and patching it all up.

And agreed Wellington, a happy medium in all things.

I'll try to keep it at a 'happy medium', yet I see that as ironic for reasons mentioned above, as well as why it's hard to keep it at a 'happy medium'. Need more (naval) games with variety in them :P

Alright, was going to post this in the musical thread, but I guess I'll post it here thanks to Enubatan's posting in the music thread.

--------------

I'm glad both my Dutch comrade & Enubatan shared this to me and on here. Hearing such bagpipe music adds to the whole Canadian side of things, something you rarely hear of, or just tune out because you're tuned to something elsewhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stHE8L0S42E

Then two extras which caught my interest after following it back to Youtube to find something which I never heard before, something that may also be of interest to the fellow Canadians, and maybe to Victory Belles itself.

0:00 to 1:30 is something I genuinely never heard before, yet sounds like a British-Canadian thing to do, ironically by a proud Canadian-Frenchie back in 1906. 1:30+ is our national anthem itself.

'Royal Canadian Navy March' is something I never heard of also, yet doing so now through curiousity thanks to KanColle & Victory Belles. 'Heart of Oak' being British, Australian, New Zealand, and even Canadian's marching song. Neat. It's an oldie also. [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_Oak ]

-----------

Mon Ami:

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/charles-oneill-emc/

This just being bonus now because I'm amused by naval music, again thanks to my Dutch comrade & Erubatan.

Then two extras which caught my interest after following it back to Youtube to find something which I never heard before, something that may also be of interest to the fellow Canadians, and maybe to Victory Belles itself.

0:00 to 1:30 is something I genuinely never heard before, yet sounds like a British-Canadian thing to do, ironically by a proud Canadian-Frenchie back in 1906. 1:30+ is our national anthem itself.

The Royal anthem isn't often heard, mostly just for ceremonial occasions when we have a Royal Visit or some such. I may be mistaken but I think all of the Commonwealth had a version of 'God Save the Queen' often with their own specific verse. Ripped from Wikipedia here's the Canadian verse:

Our loved Dominion bless

With peace and happiness

From shore to shore;

And let our Empire be

Loyal, united, free,

True to herself and Thee

For evermore.

Canada's pride usually takes the form of jokes and humor. Help keep us from being jerks about our obvious superiority :P. And also we have that adorable inferiority complex.

I think this is the first time you've ever referred to yourself as adorable

Geez guys tell us what you really think of the US ?. Yeah, idiots are in every country and with the US's population we have them in spades. So they spread a bunch of misinformation and turn "we were essential in the war" in to "We were the sole saviors of the war". Sadly this has left us Yanks in a position where people aren't too fond of us. Plus, It really hurts the pride when we're basicly a glorified arms factory ?. So while Canada doesn't get recognized as often as it should at least when it is people usually have nothing bad to say. People actively groan when they hear the US, and yes I know, no one to blame but ourselves.

I always loved this bit by Jim Carrey. So much 90s as well

Great post Pillwalker! You're amusing me to no end today. First Thunderchild from Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds, and then that. My hat's off to you sir!

Thought I'd recap a bit trying to figure out how to view Canada, IF they are actually in the damn game or not. I'm being frustrated I can't seem to find a solid information if they're an unlockable playable or not, or if it's tied to Britain only to tap into the 'Canadian Friendship' thing. The example I was given basically popped that bubble of Canadian pride I had (much needed) that I'm trying to re-evaluate the information we've encountered.

Canada would have two Naval bases:

- CFB Esquimalt (or just Victoria/Vancouver area on the west coast)

- Halifax (Eastern Coast.

Canadian Belles would have to go north (past Alaska & through the arctic, and down to Newfoundland & Labrador. Either that, or go fully south towards the Panama Canal. HMCS Skeena and the three Prince vessels made there way to both coastal sides to reach the Atlantic & Pacific campaigns.

Canadian Vessels of Interest/Belles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ships_of_the_Royal_Canadian_Navy <- A list for reference.

• HMCS Saguenay - River-Class Destoryer (Already in, & front page)
  • HMCS Skeena - River Class Destroyer (Saguenay's sister)
  • HMCS Assiniboine - River-Class Destroyer (U-210 rammer)
  • HMCS Haida (G63) - Tribal-Class Destroyer (Canada's pride, and at times a flagship. She's now a museum ship.)
  • HMCS Huron (G24) - Tribal-Class Destroyer
  • HMCS Iroquious - Tribal-Class Destroyer. She even escorted Prinz Eugen.
  • HMCS Athabaskan (G07) - Tribal-Class Destroyer (She perished in a torpedo attack, yet had a reincarnation as (R79), nicknamed 'Athabaskan II' post-war.)
  • HMCS U-190 - A German submarine which sunk HMCS Esquimuilt (in a sleeping state) which then was used in a Canadian manner. I doubt it, yet I'd love to see her as a German, then with a Canadian personality in the game.
  • HMCS Prince Robert - Armed Merchant Cruiser & an AA vessel. One of the three Prince vessels acting as a navy apart.
  • HMCS Prince Henry - Armed Merchant Cruiser & Troop Transport. One of the three Prince vessels acting as a navy apart.
  • HMCS Prince David - Armed Merchant Cruiser & Troop Transport. One of the three Prince vessels acting as a navy apart.
  • HMCS Uganda - Crown Colony Class Light Cruiser which saw battles in the Atlantic, Mediterranean, & even Pacific. Her radar assisted in spotting Japanese, even daily of Japanese morning air-raids. She even had her episode of mutiny when her Canadian identity was being suppressed by Americans.
  • HMCS Ontario - Minatour-Class Light Cruiser which was in service during WW2, yet came too late to see action. She was in the Pacific, and visit Japan, yet turned into a training ship.

These are the major ones I'm expecting, and the ones I care about. If I can have them in Victory Belles then I shall be a happy & proud Canadian. I don't care if it's just them because I'll be aiming for Bismarck, Tirpitz, Nera, Admiral Graf Spee, Graf Zeppelin, & others. If I can have Canada as their own, with Vancouver & Halifax as the bases, then everything else is fair game. If I need more Belles then I'll recruit them. I'm not expecting ALL the RCN related WW2 belles, just the ones I listed [Note: Not 100% because other Belles need to be in, just that I'd expect the ones listed as major players.]. They must be in, not just for me but other Canadians also. I may have also missed about 2-5 River-Class & some others, yet this should do. If we ever get 'Flower-Class Corvettes' then the list should go up to a nice 15, or even 20 Canadian Belles.

-----

& those comedy videos is setting me off that I think I might as well just give up; Play Rising World instead to cool off once again. I find it typical that I'm just seeing the 'same-old', even if it's jokes/jests/comedy :wacko:.