Black Chicken Studios Forums
LaughingHero

Can I make ingame location backgrounds bigger?

Right now the image of the location you're in (if there is one) is very small and it seems like they were bigger in the original client which didn't have the mountains/Academagia background, so the whole menu and consequently the imagine within were bigger.

Is it possible to make them bigger in any way? It seems like such a shame that such nice, detailed backgrounds are so small.

If would be possible, it'd be great if you could implement a feature to make them bigger if/when you'll do the last patch. :)

Unfortunately that would require higher resolution screenshots of those images, and those were sadly lost in a hard drive failure. Stretching them was tested during the DLC 17 beta, but the feature didn't make it into the next version.

4 minutes ago, Metis said:

Unfortunately that would require higher resolution screenshots of those images, and those were sadly lost in a hard drive failure. Stretching them was tested during the DLC 17 beta, but the feature didn't make it into the next version.

Did it look good? Do you know when the HDD failure happened? I didn't actually test it, but does the original client have bigger images because it includes the higher resolution screenshots (if it does)? I was just comparing the sizes in screenshots you can google so I wouldn't have to install the old client.

Since the trading cards feature larger images, I thought they have all of them - those would be perfect.

As far as I recall, not really.

Not sure, but long enough ago that recovery isn't an option (at least I assume).

The older client has the same images as the current one, screenshots of it are just edited to cut out the, what was it, like 50% unused space on resolutions greater than 720p or something?

Can't comment on trading cards, don't have the Steam version of Academagia.

Its usual in game development to have the art created in way higher resolution then what is then used in the game it self. So no the old game version didn't have this pictures in bigger resolution but the artist and/or BCS them self should have it in their backups  … but apparently this backup was made on a HD and this HD didn't survive. 

It looked terrible stretched.

Unfortunately, all the high res art was kept on a hard drive which was lost. You can imagine how hard we were kicking ourselves, since literally everything else is on cloud storage. :(

That's sad. Which year did this happen?

The Steam Trading Cards backgrounds have a nice resolution though, where did you manage to get those? Having images that size would be perfect!

If you still have everything in the same size it's in the Trading Cards art, than that would be perfect and you could use it. Or at least release all of them as an art pack here where people can look at the images in more detail. ;)

• Like 1