Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

As the answear in the QA thread was no now here the suggestion ;)

Could we please get the ability to regain Pamela in a later year when we can have more the one familiar?

I ask for her specific as its the most lickly familiar one have in year 1 if there was the plan to use Exchange Familiar or buy a new one in year 2.

Can you please allow different rolls for the same Adventure/Event exit in the next years?

I speacial ask for the Magic because I.e. if something breaks you can mend it with revision or negate the break what have both very simmiliar resoults.

A other example is Levitation as you can use Negation or Incantion for this.

We will be able to have more than one Familiar eventualy?

Most of my students has got that charming hawk :P

Not all of them ofcourse... But I just love that hawk ;)

I like birds I guess :)

I got an African Gray parrot in real life, she talks a lot and demands hot meals, she's very particular about how she wants it, I guess I've spiled her.. She actualy gets angry if I give her what pet shops call parrot food when she's askign for something else.

One thing Im wonderign about, if my student's Hawk can't talk due to it's physiology how is is casting spells? don't a lot of spells requier some kind of intonation/diction skills?

Or will the Hawk learn to speak of I teach it Language, diction, rethorics and grammar? Perhaps even the mimicry skill? :D

It seemed like my hawk projected it's words through the magical bond between wizard and familiar. But will it be possible to teach it to speak? or will it be able to project it's thoguhts or wants to other people aswell? Or is that limited to the student it's bonded to?

Sign language might work I guess... If I taught it to write or caligraphy I guess it could write down what it has to say. Or if it's gifted in magic it might be able to cast a speech spell?

@albert Yes we can have more then one Familiar in a later year.

It was confirmed already and that its assotiated with the Morvidus College.

If I remember right it was something about a special Familiar Handling skill.

I hope it isn't exclusively Morvidus.

Though I noticed I managed to stumble on some more Avila and Durand specific skills while not being in their college.

Maybe it will be possible but it will be more of a chance discovery.

Maybe it will be possible to aquire those special skilsl by befriending the professors that teach that skill to the Morvidus students or learn it from a student.

Im guessing every college will have some special skill and abilities available for the studious students.

Though I guess it should requier some "extra" effort to pickup the skills of the other colleges.

But if the skill is exclusively Morvidus then have another suggestion.

Hey kid... Looking to learn how to have two familiars? I can teach you. For 50 pims an hour.

What do you mean expensive? Listen kid, do you want to stick with your one familiar or do you want an army to keep you safe? That's what I thought. smile.gif

I would easily pay 500 :P

On the otherhand having a second familiar meens you got a second familair to train ;) thoguh, if you train it soem useful skills then they can complement each other I guess..

If you got 2 familairs can you then bring 2 familiars to a duel? :o Or will you have to pick one?

Imagine having the shade as one and Pamela as the other.

No familiar cuddling for you.

I imagine that we'd stumble onto something, considering how resourceful our first year is so far. By the end of school, we might end up with five familiars and then, we'd need a mansion for them alone. Especially if there are wolves, bears, snakes, hawks and foxes about. Would our parents like that? Do familiars influence parental relationship?

Imagine having the shade as one and Pamela as the other.

No familiar cuddling for you.

I imagine that we'd stumble onto something, considering how resourceful our first year is so far. By the end of school, we might end up with five familiars and then, we'd need a mansion for them alone. Especially if there are wolves, bears, snakes, hawks and foxes about. Would our parents like that? Do familiars influence parental relationship?

I havn't heard about it but I know my familiar gained parrental approval, not entierly sure if it's the approval of the familiars parrents or my student's parrents :P

Apparently it was a game mechanism meant to work for the student but it did the same for the familiar.

Maybe our familiars get to meet it's parrents, or creators or whatever... And the parental approval might affect their response. I hope it's added as an event or Adventure.

Actually, Pamela is the only familiar I would really care for. (Although a certain rock does come to mind...) I have to agree though, that the shade would be a pretty awesome combination for Pam.

Too bad I bet I'm gonna be more focused on being a red mage that can cast any spell, because a shade would be worth adding to the posse.

If I teach my Familair Negation will it be able to defend me against attacks while I take action against the attacker?

Since I read there will be more defensive skills and magic in Year 2.

For example will there be be wards that can absorb a certain amount of incoming magic damage before failing? Asside from the % chance to resist a spell?

Most negation in year 1 seemed to be about having a chance to resist spells.

Fir example an adventure where soemoen attacks you from behind and your familiar blocks it or defends you in some manner. If your familiar hasn't been trained to defend you properly you take some damage. Then the rest of the fight is up to you while your familiar tries to help someone get of a cage.

Maybe Ilaro, or a fellow student or even the Legate or a professor got caught unprepared and locked up in a magic cage.

Then while you fight your familair trys to pick the lock or find the key.

In the end you win(assuming you got the skill, otherwise you have to flee), either the familiar has opend the cage by the end of the fight or you have to do it by yourself. If your familair does a good job it gets some praise from the person it's helping.

This is just a sugestion on what could be woven into an adventure :) Would prefer not to know when it happens so I can enjoy the story ;)

Maybe a somewhat skilled familiar can mitigate the bad event somewhat while a really skilled familiar can do more.

I think the Year 2 Adventure surounding Diavesque should have some special exits or even a special path for players with the secret beckground.

Also I think as a Vernin Player one have the chance at year 1 to encounter a Mage who is extrem Powerfull in Gate and Mastery who maybe can assist in this problem if he is still around.

I think the Year 2 Adventure surounding Diavesque should have some special exits or even a special path for players with the secret beckground.

Also I think as a Vernin Player one have the chance at year 1 to encounter a Mage who is extrem Powerfull in Gate and Mastery who maybe can assist in this problem if he is still around.

The one from the keystone questline? That actualy wanted to conquer the world through force? He didn't seem very nice though he wasn't super evil either, I guess he wouldn't hurt a student unless they got in his way somehow..

Ilaro seems a lot nicer I think, maybe.... Who knows... This other mage might know more about demonic forces than Ilaro though.. I just can't remember his name.

There is probably a huge underground of gates wizards, there is even a secret school for gates users..

I love the keystone quest, it always makes me sad that my Durand chars never get to see Regent Briardi in the same light. I'm not saying she isn't "good" or powerful in their quests, but they never get to see that moment on the Wall, which tells you more about her nerve, character, and courage tha any situation that any professor goes thorough in the game. I hope we get to see how more professors react under true duress.