Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

I think mixed studies in clockwork & gate magic, in a hope to stabilize the chaos factor of gate magic, could be an idea the game allows for the player in the next years.

The idea here is that clockwork is a very mathematical and logical science and so could be a stabilizing factor. But natural it is up to BCS if and how far this idea actual  in the ingame reality works.

(I don't think one can reach a enough deep in the Gate studies without joining the School or unless Gate magic suddenly becomes legal during the 5 years)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

I think mixed studies in clockwork & gate magic, in a hope to stabilize the chaos factor of gate magic, could be an idea the game allows for the player in the next years.

Of course, if this were true, it would support my theory that Pelia is a gates mage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Legate of Mineta: Would it be possible in Y2 to have research chains in which, for every step of research, the player must pay money to access it? I ask because I came up with a research chain involving listening to a person read from a manuscript that only she can read (as far as the PC knows) and she is not the sort of person who would do it for free.

@Legate of Mineta: Given that Zoe Melis constantly seems to need money and that her Y1 adventure in part involves her using the PC in order to become more normal, I hope that some content is planned for PCs who get closer with Zoe in which people warn the PC that Zoe is just using the PC. Such warning/rumours could be especially strong when Zoe and the PC begin dating, but could also be presented as arising in other contexts (even same-sex friendship). Whether such rumours/warnings would be true, I know not, but I hope that they could involve the journalism/rumour-mongering students from Aranaz in co-operation with Milena.

• 2 weeks later...

@Legate of Mineta: Is it possible in Y2 to have spells that can be used to benefit only 1 from a limited (that is, not complete?) list of skills? I ask because I am toying with the idea of a spell that would allow a massive boost in any skill at the cost of a temporary penalty to the blackmail skill, and I am thinking that it would be better, for the game and for the story, if such a spell could be used to benefit all skills except for blackmail.

• 2 weeks later...

A re-education consequence could be an interesting ending for Y2 and later as it allows to end the story for the current year early while the character still can be imported in the next year with some (massive) changes.

Alternative the re-education consequence could be something like long time Hall Sessions in Y1 just with more focused changes. Although it would be a mild punishment for the character if they allow her / him to continue at Academagia I'm not so sure if the remove of the freedom is a mild punishment for the player behind the PC.

Edit: if the player can no longer change any time slot on her / his own how about add an optional auto-forward till the player have time slot (s)he can change again? (This way punishment that take away the freedom from the character isn't that punishing to the player)

Is it possible to have auto-adventures that trigger when learning a skill, or reaching a certain level, the way certain locations can trigger a little event?

I was thinking of this especially for the more forbidden skills, in particular Synchronicity (or more specifically Mental Bridging), when I realized it's actually pretty easy to unlock without the adventure that's supposed to explain it. 

Though now I realize another way would just be to have a separate one-stage regular adventure that requires the skill and not to have completed An Outing..., that just summarizes what your character has gleaned.