Black Chicken Studios Forums

Mikka's Modding Project!

Mikka

I'll have to remember that for the next time I publish! Thanks, MadHatt. I hadn't even thought about that.

As for my conclusion on testing... my NPC's are freakin' stupid. But maybe that's not too surprising. The in game NPCs aren't that bright, either. I watched Leopold try around thirty times in a row to use the AI version-skill to increase his Zoology, failing each time, and he Just Never Stopped at all. Never thought 'Hm, maybe Zoology is maxed?' Nope, must keep playing with animals or whatever it's called. Agh, he frustrated me so.

Miya actually acted pretty decently. She kept touring the two theaters long after she had maxed out the skills that the touring gifted her with, but she actually trained up her skills on occasion like a sane person rather then trying and failing at rolls repeatedly. She had a bit of obsession with Flourishing her Homework which was weird, as she doesn't have 'get extra credit' anywhere on her tables, but at least she was doing something.

Aaran was similarly doing pretty well. He used his familiar skill repeatedly! He used astrology! He taught himself to go match wits with the empire sphinx and was successful around half the time! I was so proud of him! ...Save for he developed an obsession with Grapple for the Crowds. With fitness of one and no wrestling, he obviously wasn't getting anything out of it but the locations of the two gyms, but he kept doing it. It's like, what the hell, your personality table is even set to avoid any athletics but running! YOU DO NOT NEED TO GRAPPLE ONCE A WEEK, AARAN. ALL YOU DO IS LIE THERE LIKE A DEAD FISH LOOKING PATHETIC. THERE IS REALLY NO NEED TO HUMILIATE YOURSELF. NPCs, bah.

Antonio developed a strange obsession with the project forms spell, which he couldn't seem to cast but continued to try once a week anyway. I was having Joana flashbacks from that one roleplay I did (BITTER STALKS!). It's like, it's not that good of a spell (Miya was also attached to it, but at least she could cast it). Try it with Cleanse and Remake or 6th Finger or something, not project forms. Aiyiyi. He also insisted on doing stuff like attempting to 'Do Some Plotting' repeatedly while failing it over and over and never thinking that maybe he should try something else. Everyone kept trying to Do Some Plotting, actually, which is another weird one, as I think only Antonio has that in his tables. Erraticy, maybe?

I don't even want to talk about Louise. I don't know what she was doing, besides giving me fantastic Zoology and Enchant boosts for adventures. She kept trying to teach herself music, and just kept failing at it (how can you fail at it? it's not even a roll!), and I'm just like... 'You don't even take music. music is nowhere on your tables. are you drunk? go home, louise, you're drunk' but she just kept doing it.

They also all continued studying long after they had maxed out all their study abilities. They would keep trying Get Ready for Class, and failing, and just keep doing it, and I need to figure out which part of their code makes them give up easier, because they seriously have other goals beyond studying that they were supposed to be doing, honestly. This seems to be pretty normal, though, as all the other people I was informed of kept failing 'Get Ready for (Class)' repeatedly as well.

So, looks like all their tables but Miya need a bit of work. And I really need to figure out how to make them not repeat the same failing object over and over. Any ideas?

In other news, I still could use the edges of Louise's portrait in the portrait thread transparent-ized.

I'm taking a break and playing Skyrim for tonight, where I will likely deal with more NPCs being idiots. Tomorrow, I'll be back to writing.

...If you have any ideas about random events you'd like to see, let me know. Or any comments about, um, anything, please post them. I feel sort of silly, posting and ranting to myself, so thanks Leoshi, MadHatt.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Louise.png

Here. Hope it's alright.

And we do read this thread. At least, seeing as I can only speak for myself, I do. I just check everything on my phone in the subway and by the time I get home to a less annoying internet connection I forget to do anything I had wanted to do. So I guess NPCs aren't the only ones with odd patterns of behaviour. No advice on the modding..seeing as I never modded a character or messed with the tables, but good luck.

Random events...huh. No idea. Someone to comment on you being the only one actually doing something in the school would be interesting to see. I've seen CEOs with a less busy schedule than an adventuring PC.

Here's a question..what paths would they take regarding the main adventure? I assume Miya would take the pirate path, Antonio the Captain's maybe? What about the rest?

<Bonks Madhatt's hat!>

No idea for random event? Mikka just mentioned Skyrim! How about an event where wandering through the city, you and another of Mikka's student bump into a thief. How would you respond?

Or how would the other students react when they meet a person like Heimskr (Let me show you the power of Octavius!!)tongue.gif

But really, if you want more stupid npcs, play The Sims series. A bundle of surprises in it.

I'd respond by asking to join, though considering the other thieves in Mineta,I'd be better off starting my own guild. With BLACKJACK...and ahem. Yeah blackjack's good. Or maybe darts.

As for Heimskr, I'd generally walk away slowly though in my playthroughs the man gets an arrow through his neck more often than I'd care to admit.

Any of you guys play UT or Prototype? Those are stupid NPCs.

Louise.png

Here. Hope it's alright.

It is! That's exactly what I needed. Now Louise's portrait doesn't have ugly black circles around it that make her stick out. Thank you!

And we do read this thread. At least, seeing as I can only speak for myself, I do. I just check everything on my phone in the subway and by the time I get home to a less annoying internet connection I forget to do anything I had wanted to do. So I guess NPCs aren't the only ones with odd patterns of behaviour. No advice on the modding..seeing as I never modded a character or messed with the tables, but good luck.

Well, I'm glad to know you're reading. :) That makes me feel better. Sometimes I really get nervous that I'm just talking to myself and no one cares anymore because no one comments. It's a bit childish of me, and I keep reminding myself that the real reason I'm modding is for myself blah blah blah, but I think it happens to every writer, just a bit. You get depressed when no one comments.

Random events...huh. No idea. Someone to comment on you being the only one actually doing something in the school would be interesting to see. I've seen CEOs with a less busy schedule than an adventuring PC.

Miya's low relationship event is sort of like that (she accuses you of being a busybody), but I can work something in for Antonio, I think. He's slightly jealous that the PC gets to go on a million cool adventures and he doesn't.

Here's a question..what paths would they take regarding the main adventure? I assume Miya would take the pirate path, Antonio the Captain's maybe? What about the rest?

Miya would like to remind you that she is a famous smuggler (note the famous part), not a smelly pirate. Smugglers are elegant, know how to bathe, don't talk funny, and have cute foxes instead of stinky birds. Thus, she would not help the ignoble pirates, for they get themselves in their own messes. She would point and laugh at them instead. Instead she would help the roguishly handsome Ilaro, because he's charming and awesome and running around lying and stealing things is totally up her alley.

Antonio would do the Captain's adventure by default... but if he could work up enough relationship points, I think he'd have more fun doing the triplets adventure, in truth. Nothing like hanging around the Academagia causing chaos with your fellow students for a greater purpose, right? He'd find that quite fun.

Aaran has the luck to do the Legate's adventure, and that's what he'd do. He'd be too shy to approach either the Captain or the Pirate, so if he had to do one of the main three, he'd actually probably do Ilaro's. He'd be complaining the whole way, though, so Ilaro would probably drop him.

Louise would say they're all stupid adults who should be able to solve their problems without the aid of a twelve year old girl, but if she had to do one, she'd probably go with the pirates. They have a ship, after all, and Louise likes ships. They might get her away from the stupid Academagia. She could also fall in with the Captain, though, depending on how the wind turns. She certainly wouldn't help her fellow students (Louise, you're a brat!), the Legate, or Ilaro, though.

<Bonks Madhatt's hat!>

No idea for random event? Mikka just mentioned Skyrim! How about an event where wandering through the city, you and another of Mikka's student bump into a thief. How would you respond?

Or how would the other students react when they meet a person like Heimskr (Let me show you the power of Octavius!!)tongue.gif

I think Miya's adventure might start with you running in to a thief. It seems like a good place to start, anyway.

As for meeting a person like Heimskr, that could be interesting with Antonio, who is very religious, but also very much not in to being obnoxious (unless it's against certain Durand students, but even then it's just play). Hm.. thank you both!

But really, if you want more stupid npcs, play The Sims series. A bundle of surprises in it.

Oh, tell me about it. My copy of the Sims 3 is borked, sadly, and I can't find all my disks so I can't reinstall it (sad face :(). I have the Sims 2 still installed on my computer, but they're just too stupid for me after playing the Sims 3. The Sims 3 sims are dumb, but they are reasonably dumb. The Sims 2 sims will starve themselves to death by just shuffle-ing until they die. The sims 3 sims will, if left with their AI on, stop and go to eat. Of course, they always cook full meals even when living alone and ignore the five million leftovers in their fridge, but at least they eat.

I'd respond by asking to join, though considering the other thieves in Mineta,I'd be better off starting my own guild. With BLACKJACK...and ahem. Yeah blackjack's good. Or maybe darts.

I think that's how Miya's adventure is going. She wants to join the thieves guild, and nominates you to help her out for that. (Sadly, this is one occasion where Ethics checks don't really work: you either help her, or you don't, because she's not going to be talked out of it.) Of course, what we know about the thieves guild of Mineta is that they're... really not so bright. So this leads to predictably silly ends.

As for Heimskr, I'd generally walk away slowly though in my playthroughs the man gets an arrow through his neck more often than I'd care to admit.

My Altmer just looks at him and plots the day in which she will RUIN HIM AND DISBAND ALL TALOS WORSHIP THROUGHOUT TALOS ALL HAIL THE THALMOR... I mean, um. Well. She's sort of a witch, as well as the word it rhymes with. I needed some character that was willing to do the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild, after all.

Any of you guys play UT or Prototype? Those are stupid NPCs.

Sadly, I haven't. Too many games with silly or stupid NPCs... my dwarves in dwarf fortress were driving me nuts this morning. I ended up quitting in disgust.

Alright, I'll be working today, so I'll type out a list of what I've done and post it at the end of the day. :)

Okay! Today's progress.

First up: it is freezing. Seriously, it's cold. They said it was twelve degrees last night, and I don't think it's gotten any warmer. Brr!

Second: I am working. Really.

• Fixed Antonio's duel. Now it can actually trigger, and work. To get him to duel, you have to beat him in a duel roll. Otherwise, he refuses.
  • Changed everybody's chance of studying. Now hopefully they won't study forever, or at least they'll have less chance of it. Antonio's still a bit prone to it, but the other three... not so much. Especially Louise. Louise should *not* have maxed out her classes study by the end of the year.
  • Switched Louise's clique ability and normal ability so that they're actually right rather then you having her personal ability if you cliqued with her, which was very silly.
  • Made Louise richer, and gave her some parental approval. She's not Aaran.
  • Put in my first event, the Miya breaks her ankle one. That was a long event. Lots of typing. I wish you could just copy from word to the mod tools without the formatting of adventures/events getting out of whack.
  • Shifted around Aaran's Interests table a bit more. Hopefully, there will be less studying and more mastery. Bwhahahaha.
  • Put in the second event, the Miya - FISHIES! one. Yep. The reason it takes me so long to do events is because I type them all up in word first so I can check my spelling and grammar and see the event in one piece, then I retype them in to the mod tool. This is just my personal theory, but I think when you copy from word directly to the modtool, you end up with odd formatting errors. Almost all of the Awesome Community events have them, so that's what I'm basing it on. Of course, maybe I'm just making double the work for myself. It wouldn't be the first time I'd done something like that.
  • Switched in the right Louise portrait. Doh, should have done that first thing.
  • Miya versus Catherine, win Catherine event done. Three! Miya never uses the character's name. I find it amusing to write her not doing so, and thus I will continue that.
  • Miya's Dragon story done. Four.

Okay, night time has fallen and I am still freezing. We turned on the oven and I keep going beside it and putting my hands inside of it for warmth. I think it's actually colder now then it was this morning. I'm not getting any work done anymore... it's just too darn cold. I'm shivering. I think our heat may be broken.

I have ideas for one more Miya event, but no idea what to do for the two others- I said I want at least seven events for each character. So, um, if you have any ideas of what a compulsive liar crazy foreign girl with a fox can get up to, by all means, share them. As at the moment, I have nothing.

I do think I have ideas for all of Aaran's, who I'll work on tomorrow (if I don't work on more Miya). Still, if you have any ideas for the weird kid who thinks he's cursed with the big dog, toss 'em at me.

Oh, hell, just talk to me. I have nothing else to do but freeze, after all.

In Prototype the civilians would run into my tank. The result is predictable. Why would they run into the tank?! It's a tank! I had pretty much given up trying to keep them alive at one point. Especially since slightly touching them made them explode or something.

In UT, the sniper made no contribution, the tank got stuck between trees and some other guy Zerg Rushed the enemy ...along and unarmed. Again, predictable result. I think it was a ploy to annoy our real life friend and convince them to buy the game so that we'd have someone to play with. At least the Sims could be modded to add more intelligence.

As for Skyrim I played a huge orc who tended to go Kratos on all the cities. Then I had a sneaky dark elf...who shot everyone in the back and stole EVERYTHING not nailed down. Thirty buckets and twelve brooms later I'd unload everything in my house, mostly on the floor. Stepping inside that house was suicide. I once died by having very low health and tripping on a bone. Hey maybe the Nords were right...other races are crazy.

I assume Miya would be the best candidate to want to join the Black Falcon Roster then. What would the most likely rivals be for them? And who is Phillipe most likely to pick on? (had to include Phillipe...how long since we talked of him? He's almost a forum mascot by now)

In Prototype the civilians would run into my tank. The result is predictable. Why would they run into the tank?! It's a tank! I had pretty much given up trying to keep them alive at one point. Especially since slightly touching them made them explode or something.

In UT, the sniper made no contribution, the tank got stuck between trees and some other guy Zerg Rushed the enemy ...along and unarmed. Again, predictable result. I think it was a ploy to annoy our real life friend and convince them to buy the game so that we'd have someone to play with. At least the Sims could be modded to add more intelligence.

Oh, wow, those do sound like stupid NPCs. Especially the ones running in to the tank.

As for Skyrim I played a huge orc who tended to go Kratos on all the cities. Then I had a sneaky dark elf...who shot everyone in the back and stole EVERYTHING not nailed down. Thirty buckets and twelve brooms later I'd unload everything in my house, mostly on the floor. Stepping inside that house was suicide. I once died by having very low health and tripping on a bone. Hey maybe the Nords were right...other races are crazy.

Other races probably are crazy. My Altmer keeps collecting kettles to put in the front of her houses, just in case of burglers, don'tcha know. Bumping in to a kettle alerts everyone around you that someone's there, so I figure it'll keep all her nice treasures safe from burglers. I want to make a house using the Hearthfire DLC, but I haven't yet figured who I need to suck up to in order to get one. Then I can adopt children and train them in the BE SUPERIOR TO ALL OTHERS AND DESTROY YOUR ENEMIES BWHAHAHAHA way.

I assume Miya would be the best candidate to want to join the Black Falcon Roster then. What would the most likely rivals be for them? And who is Phillipe most likely to pick on? (had to include Phillipe...how long since we talked of him? He's almost a forum mascot by now)

Miya wouldn't mind joining the Black Falcon Roster, not at all. I imagine her professors would have something to say about that, though.

Ah, Phillipe. Well, Aaran's almost *too* easy for him- I mean, he faints after one punch. Louise fights back, and bullies hate that. Antonio has generally mastered the art of not taking bullies too seriously and thus ruining their fun by simply ignoring them and being too darned mature. Miya is an open target, though- she doesn't deal well with bullies (there's an event where you can bully her, in fact, and she just starts crying- but it makes your character in to a real jerk). So Phillipe probably would mostly bully Miya and Aaran.

Rivals...

Miya and Catherine are often after the same parts when it comes to theatre, so there's a bit of rivalry there, on Miya's side. She sometimes gets in to competition's with Mhadi about who is the most exotic student in school, which Mhadi doesn't really care about, but gets involved in anyway because of his defensiveness. There's an event with Miya and Alan fighting, but they actually usually get along pretty good.

Aaran is a prime target for bullying, and Joana's always stealing money from him. He's horribly jealous of Malacresta just *knowing* things about astrology that he can't seem to quite get. And if you manage to cure Ana of her curse, he's jealous that her problems are solved so easily. The person he really runs in to trouble with, though, is Flore. He's convinced her snake actually does speak prophesies about things man was not meant to know, and always wants to steal her snake and record them. This... doesn't go very well for him, as you could imagine.

Louise would tell you that she hates everyone (except for maybe you, and that's only a small maybe), so everyone is her rival. She's particularly harsh on Catherine and Corradin, though, who are prime targets when she wants to go bully someone. She finds them offensive wastes of existence and think they and their stuck-up noses should get far away from her fist, thank you very much.

Antonio would tell you he has no rivals. Life's too short to get angry enough to have a rival at what, eleven years old? If Girars doesn't stop telling him he's treating his beloved familiar wrong, though, he might be forced to drastic measures. Also, he agrees with Aymeri that Lambert really needs to stay out of the Aranaz Common Room. Seriously.

Mikka;

"We turned on the oven and I keep going beside it and putting my hands inside of it for warmth."

WOW! Keep warm!!

Oh wow, the Legate is still reading my posts! <3 I'm trying, but it's certainly hard. The weather here is just miserable. At least it's not humid... it's a dry cold. But I have my heater turned up to 90, and I'm not getting anything. So the oven's my source of warmth right now.

Still, let not the cold distract me from my goals! I wrote two more Miya events, an Aki event and a Godina only event. Now I just need one more to reach the total of seven, which is what the Legate said long ago was the amount of events each student had (of course, with so many DLCs, they probably have many more by now... bah!). As soon as I come up with something, I'll put that in, then... I'll probably start Aaran random events. Adventures are complicated. ;_;

It's humid here...I think a lake might have turned up between the time I got home and sat at the computer. And tomorrow...SNOW.

You can suck up to the Jarls of the smaller cities (Dawnstar, Morthal and Falkreath) to get the land. They're incredibly bad as far as position goes. The one in Falkreath was riiiiight between a necromancer hideout and a bandit lair. Good thing I didn't have kids. In the house from Morthal, horkers kept attacking my horse: my immortal horse. Kept finding smelly corpses rotting outside the house. Really ruined the view but food was plentiful. (There were also vampires, Chaurus Reapers...swamp things..urgh) The one in the Pale was...well snowy. Freezing and such. And right by a GIANT LAIR. Depending on your luck, giant attacks are possible. I am inclined to suspect that I had no luck. On the other hand, hey, my own private airline via club.

I think I went to school with Louise and Miya, at one point. As for Aaran...what is that boy's Fitness?

Best friends then? Besides the PC. Who would they most likely clique with? Or who would be more attracted to them?

Yep, always lurking. :)

If you ever see something interesting, please chime in. :) I'm glad to know that you're lurking, though! Yay!

It's humid here...I think a lake might have turned up between the time I got home and sat at the computer. And tomorrow...SNOW.

Oh, gross. :( I feel for you. Despite the cold, we haven't had the clouds for snow, thank goodness.

You can suck up to the Jarls of the smaller cities (Dawnstar, Morthal and Falkreath) to get the land. They're incredibly bad as far as position goes. The one in Falkreath was riiiiight between a necromancer hideout and a bandit lair. Good thing I didn't have kids. In the house from Morthal, horkers kept attacking my horse: my immortal horse. Kept finding smelly corpses rotting outside the house. Really ruined the view but food was plentiful. (There were also vampires, Chaurus Reapers...swamp things..urgh) The one in the Pale was...well snowy. Freezing and such. And right by a GIANT LAIR. Depending on your luck, giant attacks are possible. I am inclined to suspect that I had no luck. On the other hand, hey, my own private airline via club.

Well, the Jarl of Dawnstar is a jerk who's supporting Ulfric, Morthal I can't figure out a third person to help in order to become Thane in the first place, so it looks like I'm off Falkreath. Necromancers and bandits, huh? Well, I'll just have to keep those lairs clean. Oi vei...

I do sort of like the idea of a giant airline, though. And hey, free mammoth tusks!

I think I went to school with Louise and Miya, at one point. As for Aaran...what is that boy's Fitness?

I think I went to school with Louise, too. Sigh. She's everywhere. As for Aaran, it's one. He sort of sucks at the Fitness department. I've basically written him as having 'minor' (but not asymptomatic) tuberculosis (or more likely, some fantasy world equivalent- the exact disease is never mentioned, though that's what I'm basing the symptoms off of). With revision magic, it can be eventually cured, but as his lungs are still growing it's somewhat of a pain to do so now, so he just gets 'for the moment' fixes when it gets bad- it'll get truly treated probably in his fifth year, when he's basically finished growing. He can (especially as the school year goes on) negate most of the symptoms and problems he has, as long as he remembers to do it. Sadly, he's a bit scatterbrained.

Best friends then? Besides the PC. Who would they most likely clique with? Or who would be more attracted to them?

That's a toughy. Aaran and Louise generally don't make friends on their own. Louise holds some admiration for Marc's skill at the forge, and he's basically the only boy (besides maybe the PC) that she actually talks to on a regular basis. Beyond that, I think she'd get along with Flore's exterior, but maybe not the person Flore truly is. Louise really isn't in the best collage for her. I don't think there's anyone inside Vernin besides Marc that she would actually be able to tolerate for long stretches of time. I think she'd get along better with the outdoor loving girls of Mordivus- Beatrix, Eliana (though Eliana is a bit too pacifistic for her tastes), Mairgrete, Ulvia (if she could convince her hawk to stay away from Ulvia's snake, anyway). In general, though, Louise's social skills suck so much that she'll end up in a clique with whoever invites her first, so she can be wandering through the Academagia in Catherine and Corradin's clique of snobs if left on her own.

Aaran likes Ana (er, not romantically, though I suppose if had a crush on anyone besides the PC, it would be Ana). She's shunned like he is, and his luck is so weird that her bad luck usually doesn't influence him too much, as he's busy being influences by his own luck. In turn, she just appreciates someone hanging out with her cursed self. They probably won't be as close if you cure her curse, though. He also, despite the slight jealousy, highly respects Malacresta as someone who knows their shared favorite field. He can also sometimes be found with Cyrus and Avgust, because Avila guys have to stick together or the goblin hoards will be on them any day. It's hard to say if he actually gets along with them or if all three of them just sort of tolerate each other, though. He sort of would like to know Irene, because someone like him could use all the protection he could get, but he also realizes that's a really sucky reason to want to become someone's friend and hasn't approached her.

Miya fits in well with Godina. I imagine her doing her hair with Silke (Amada could come too), playing Rimbal with Zorzi, admiring Luti's unexplained skill with acting and art, sharing stories with Llarina, trying to draw Neso and Noemia out of their shells... she'd have a good time. She also hangs out with the actors- that's Catherine, yeah, and Luti and Tabin and sometimes Antonio. There will be an adventure about that if I ever get the courage to write it. It'll be long. I think I've talked about it in this thread before... your character gets tasked with supervising a play the other four are acting in. It's a great fun/headache.

Antonio mostly hangs out with the Aranaz kids. He has an incredibly high amount of respect for Emilia S, though he's never going to forgive her for not inviting him to the cloak-and-dagger meeting where they plotted against Durand and set up your character for student council (...mostly because he wants to be on the student council). He finds Aymeri incredibly amusing, sort of like a dog who is pretending to be a cat, and constantly encourages him to be sneakier and get that Cobo once and for all. He likes Tabin, who is sneaky and smart and very quiet about it, too. He has a healthy amount of respect for Carmine. Really, he likes everyone in Aranaz. They're a good house. Honestly, though, he'd be friends with anyone. Even those no-good Durand kids. Even Girars, if Girars would shut up about the cat for one minute. Antonio's a friendly guy like that. A bit superficial, though. He considers most people his friends, but usually doesn't let any individual get too close to him. It's a defensive thing.

I finish Miya's last event, her rival event. She's an absolute brat in it, but most of the kids are in their rival event. Now I guess I'll move on to Aaran, though if I come up for other ideas for Miya (or anyone else does), I'll still put them in. I wanted at least seven events for each character, but there's no great problem if I have more.

I would like to take a moment here to imagine how long it takes for the devs to design all the students as compared to Mikka's attempts to design four students.tongue.gif

Also, what do you mean Aaron likes Ana?! She is reserved for my kid!

Thane of Morthal..lemme see. You can send Idgrod the Younger's message, find a copy of the "Song of the Alchemists" for Lami, beat Benor to fistcuffs or drop armor near him and let him have it, sell firewood to the men at the mill or sell ore at Rockwallow Mine. I never deliver Gorm's message to Captain Aldis since I like the Jarl but that counts too. Giving a coin to a beggar also counts as does investing in a shop, defeating a dragon there (you get 2 points I think), helping the blacksmith and killing a follower of yours who turned into a werewolf. Yes, the Jarl of Dawnstar is a jerk but so is the one in Falkreath.

I never attacked mammoths or giants because I liked them. I also saw one giant mourn one of his mammoths and decided: nope, wouldn't wanna cause that. So for me, it was very inconvenient. I had to calm them and run away.

And Leoshi, I thought about that too, especially since they're all so unique and have ..so many events and adventures. And that they plan to add more older and younger students....

I would like to take a moment here to imagine how long it takes for the devs to design all the students as compared to Mikka's attempts to design four students.tongue.gif

Yup, same old Leoshi. Where's your Aaron/Philippe slash fic

==============

Random events... events....

Miya like telling lies stories. If there's some authentic "Far East" people nearby, she might offend them pretty handily if she doesn't notice them. Or maybe they poke hole in her stories accidentally, which might help foreshadow that she is !Chinese instead of !Nippon.

"So I gave that nice man a clock..."

Alternatively, she could tell scary stories of Japanese ghosts. Which promptly get shot down by Oriabel, resident ghost master. Which escalates into hurt feeling, because Oriabel think Miya's a wannabe-japanese while Miya counters that Oriabel has never seen a ghost and is a wannabe-ghostbuster.

Aaron give Ana a cake. They get hit by a meteor.

Louise's hawk went after some poor Durand familiars (make Sheary cry, etc). Prudence, resident protective tomboy, came to have a tomfight with a confused Louise. Also helps show her familiar trouble to the player.

In the city Antonio come across a bunch of mercenaries he knows almost starting to fight other bunch of mercenaries he doesn't know. You can join in with him, pull him back, call the guards, diplomacy check, glamour, etc.

(For Leoshi) Aaron grapples Philippe for no reason at all. Philippe grapples him in retaliation. You can grapple the both of them, scream at them, or sketch a picture for Joana.

I bet they work faster then I do. /sheepish I feel like I'm working so slowly. But it gets easier the more I do it. Though I bet they never need to stop and remind themselves the difference between subjective and objective pronouns.

Ana actually belongs to my male characters. Sorry, Leoshi. Suck it, Aaran! She's mine! Mine, I say!

Thane of Morthal..lemme see. You can send Idgrod the Younger's message, find a copy of the "Song of the Alchemists" for Lami, beat Benor to fistcuffs or drop armor near him and let him have it, sell firewood to the men at the mill or sell ore at Rockwallow Mine. I never deliver Gorm's message to Captain Aldis since I like the Jarl but that counts too. Giving a coin to a beggar also counts as does investing in a shop, defeating a dragon there (you get 2 points I think), helping the blacksmith and killing a follower of yours who turned into a werewolf. Yes, the Jarl of Dawnstar is a jerk but so is the one in Falkreath.

Yeah, I just met the Jarl of Falkreath. He wanted me to go fetch ale for him. Not impressed. I think I'll go back to Morthal and beat up Benor or chop some firewood. Morthal's Jarl is cool. I like her.

I never attacked mammoths or giants because I liked them. I also saw one giant mourn one of his mammoths and decided: nope, wouldn't wanna cause that. So for me, it was very inconvenient. I had to calm them and run away.

I don't have the problem, as I kill the giants first, then the mammoths. No mourning then! ...I am a horrible person. But if it's in front of me and has a red dot, I kill it. I tend to provoke a lot of red dots.

And Leoshi, I thought about that too, especially since they're all so unique and have ..so many events and adventures. And that they plan to add more older and younger students....

I can't wait to see the new students in year two. /smiley Sounds like there might be quite a few. I wonder if every collage will end up with the same student to mentor (like Oan is universal) or if each collage will get a different new student...

Yup, same old Leoshi. Where's your Aaron/Philippe slash fic

Well, it would be slightly more realistic then an Aaran/Joana fic, at least...

Random events... events....

Miya like telling lies stories. If there's some authentic "Far East" people nearby, she might offend them pretty handily if she doesn't notice them. Or maybe they poke hole in her stories accidentally, which might help foreshadow that she is !Chinese instead of !Nippon.

"So I gave that nice man a clock..."

Alternatively, she could tell scary stories of Japanese ghosts. Which promptly get shot down by Oriabel, resident ghost master. Which escalates into hurt feeling, because Oriabel think Miya's a wannabe-japanese while Miya counters that Oriabel has never seen a ghost and is a wannabe-ghostbuster.

Hm... I'm not sure about the first, as I doubt there are really many, if any, Far East people around Mineta. But the second, I could definitely do. There are some pretty scary Japanese ghost stories that I know. And Miya and Oriabel haven't interacted yet...

Aaron give Ana a cake. They get hit by a meteor.

Ha! Two of Aaran's events already involve Ana, so I'm not sure I could get away with another... but, I repeat, ha. I wonder what what that says about them, astrologically.

Louise's hawk went after some poor Durand familiars (make Sheary cry, etc). Prudence, resident protective tomboy, came to have a tomfight with a confused Louise. Also helps show her familiar trouble to the player.

This is a good idea. I can definitely use this.

In the city Antonio come across a bunch of mercenaries he knows almost starting to fight other bunch of mercenaries he doesn't know. You can join in with him, pull him back, call the guards, diplomacy check, glamour, etc.

Same with this. <3 Thank you, CremePudding.

(For Leoshi) Aaron grapples Philippe for no reason at all. Philippe grapples him in retaliation. You can grapple the both of them, scream at them, or sketch a picture for Joana.

...I could actually probably almost work with this. It would be crazy and a bit different then what you gave me, obviously, but I could almost work with this. Hm. There's a thought.

I put in two Aaran events, as my work for this morning. Aaran events are long because he likes to talk. The first is about him being an orphan, the second is an Avila event about him and Ana. I have the start for two more events written. I probably have enough ideas for him. We'll see. I really want to go play Skyrim, actually, but I'm trying to force myself to behave and work on this mod instead. I'm used to just goofing around on my days off... actually sitting down and 'working' is hard to do.

But I will do it! Hopefully, I can get five more events in for Aaran today, and then he'll be 'done' event-wise unless I come up with something else clever. I'll update tonight with progress. Must... stay away... from Skyrim. (And EUIII, too.)

Aaran trying to burn down his dorm is done, Aaran doing a marat reading for you is done, Aaran studying glamour is done, Aaran skulking in the forbidden sections is done, and Aaran being unconscious is done.

(I also read the Ars Magica corebook between event writing. 'Ell yeah.)

Aaran and Miya are officially event-done. Do I like, get to celebrate this? Possibly with cookies?

I know I have to do adventures, but adventures are big and scary and a bit frightening. I don't even know where to start with them. How do people write them? Do you plan it out step by step, outline by outline? Or do you just scramble words on in the screen and do it as you go? I don't know which way is better. I don't know where to start. I have Aaran's outlined, but I just stare at it and think "Oh god, I really have to do this."

...Adventures are hard...

Well, I finished my goal, anyway. I'll have to decide if I want to start an adventure or head over and start doing Louise events. Her I know I don't have enough ideas with. You can only write 'Something happens, and Louise acts bitter about it' so many times before it gets tiring.

It's snowing and freezing, and I just wanted to complain about that.

Started writing a Louise event. I keep having ideas for her that are girls only. This is bad, as I can't think of any guys only event for her, and her 'spear counterpart' Antonio's events would be fine for both males and females so there's no reason for me to make them male only.

Um. Any ideas for Louise would be good. She's a bitter Vernin girl that probably should be in Morvidus, really likes birds, hates studying, hates rich snobby people, hates basically everything fun (including Rimbal and collage merit competitions, gasp, shock), refuses to touch girly stuff like perfumes and make-up, doesn't really get along with boys, has a crazy hawk that may be separated from her soon if she doesn't get the animal under control, and who's generally a sort of miserable person to be around.

...She sounds like a great companion, huh? Boy, I'd sure be lining up to be her BFF. Sigh. I don't know why all the students I write are crazy, but they apparently are.

...Also, I can't seem to make Miya's ability work. She can identify one object, but she seemingly can't identify three. She's too stupid or something. And it was the dumbest ability in the world, anyway (except for Zorzi's) as everyone just goes to the shop when they need something identified, so it's probably better off gone.

I'm going to give her a passive skill boosting ability like Antonio and Louise have. What skills do you think a compulsive-liar would boost? Lie can't be one of them. I'm experimenting, you see. >.>

I'm thinking...

What's Yours Is Mine

Items have a way of falling in to Miya's hands. She'd tell you it's not thievery- it's magic. Whatever the case, her excuses have become your excuses. Your Deceit, Conceal, and Composure are all raised by 3, but your Ethics drops by the same amount.

Or

The Greatest Actress in the World

Miya claims to be the best actress on campus. She doesn't mind sharing a few tips with friends, though, as long as they understand they'll never be as good as she is. Her tips increase a friend's Acting and Theatre maximums by two each, and increases their Storytelling skill by one.

Or maybe not. I dunno.

MadHatt (or anyone else with the ability), could you transparentify this version of Louise?

louisefinal.png

Her shadows have been cleaned up slightly so she looks a bit more normal and less like a freak, I think.

Louise_1.png

Louise_2.png

There are two because personally, I think the little curl looks a bit better in the first one. I left you the choice, though.

Suggestion for her random events would be...her sitting alone at a gathering and the PC wants to say hi. There could be an exit for a bird familiar or for a fellow bird lover.

You could be exploring a peak and find her yelling for help (she was out with her familiar and slipped)

Your characters could bond over hate of sports if non-Godina (you could be watching a match in the distance)

Her hawk attacks the PC.

Good luck on the adventure!

There are two because personally, I think the little curl looks a bit better in the first one. I left you the choice, though.

Thank you! Ugh, I sort of hate that little curl. I know I put it there, but it just looks so... I don't know. I'm honestly not sure this is a good enough portrait to fit in with the other students. I'm confident about the other three, but Louise just looks off to me. I wish I could get a Legate comment about it. /hint, hint

Suggestion for her random events would be...her sitting alone at a gathering and the PC wants to say hi. There could be an exit for a bird familiar or for a fellow bird lover.

You could be exploring a peak and find her yelling for help (she was out with her familiar and slipped)

Your characters could bond over hate of sports if non-Godina (you could be watching a match in the distance)

Her hawk attacks the PC.

I like all of these. I'll see what I can write up. Thanks! <3 I love people giving me ideas. Those will work!

Good luck on the adventure!

Thank you! I'm on stage five right now, which is City Hall. You and Aaran are fighting it (perhaps again). It doesn't go all that well, but things with Aaran rarely go right. At least there's no cheese, this time.

Archived