Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

Yeah, a game that even have multiple sources of exp that the player need to keep track is just too much detailed and sometime unnecessary upkeep. I think this is the only game to even go that far in term of exp spread. It also make it worst that a player will have multiple characters.

Would be great for a PC game though.

The hardest part for me is waking up early in the moring all tire and limp. I might just become a story gm instead of player at this rate.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I think one of ars magicas main selling point is in fact the strategy bit beetween the sessions, but it can be a lot of work. I think its a good idea to just use the character creation xp rules in that case.

Would it help our u.s. players if we started an hour or two later?

I agree that if someone quits, we should look for players - we might post on the official forum in that case, perhaps.

I think we hit problems with lunch/dinner if we start later and the usual group call of a pizza service as normal RPG rounds do it don't work with our online RPG.

Edit: Btw you put your self in a bad spot today.

If you did leave the room untouched then at worst one could suspect the group have something to do with the murder but with people walking into the room and out of it what got clear from the footprints the group is now main suspect of the murder.

Haha! indeed! I even thought it a step further for Bashir. Taitale knows Bashir wanted the amulet, the owner is found dead and at the time of the crime until a decent few minutes later Bashir is still in his room. Taitale also knows Bashir can somewhat scale walls from our previous adventure...

Besides Taitale never saw the ghost did he? It was only Aiden if I recall?

Still the murder itself might rule Bashir out, just how brutal was it? The head was (cut?) off but was it ripped apart or neatly sliced? (I'm sorry if you answered when Nyaa asked, but I can't recall it now.)

Still the murder itself might rule Bashir out, just how brutal was it? The head was (cut?) off but was it ripped apart or neatly sliced? (I'm sorry if you answered when Nyaa asked, but I can't recall it now.)

Except that the head is no longer on the body and that the room is filled with blood there where no other visible fresh wounds. But it was no clear cut it more like the head was ripped of the spine with brutal strength.

Besides Taitale never saw the ghost did he? It was only Aiden if I recall?

It was Aiden and Momo who claimed to see a bearspirit.

How and by which spells, do you use to ward your lab from intruders? Do you make an item that has a permanent effect of rego corpus or something along the lines?

Is there a good place to find prices for small goods in mythic silver somewhere?

A bit more current adventure related:

Schwarzbart; the bag of coins that Bashir stole, how much was in it and are the coins origin easily traced? (As in, are they minted in Greece or some other place that our poor murdered sod happened to come from.)

Circle Spells are good for this as it dont have to be a actual circle.

But room with moon duration or enchantment works also.

About the coins there different coins of different orgins even some of the old roman empier, some are silver and two small even gold.

Its probably 5 mystic silver pound worth what he haved there, enough to buy a house in a city!

Adrian: labs can be protected in a thousand ways - baruch could make a wind tunnel, for example. I think the protections are usually enchantments because you want it to work when you are gone, but a circle range spell should work as well if you design the circle such that it cannot be broken easily.

Could either of you see if this is correct then?

Base, +3 moon, +1 ring/ +3 room, (+1 touch? or..)

If it was an enchantment then perhaps make an added difficulty to allow certain people in (apprentice, wife, kids, familiar...).

And do we have a trapmaker in the covenant? :)

For allow some people to get in and others not you probably have to add a intellego spell as a Trigger (to make it easy maybe add a Tatto to them that the intellego spell have to detect).

I personal would either go for circle & ring or room & moon spells.

Because if you have the "circle" drawn on circle already build in the structure its duration is much longer then month.

Do I remember right that we play sunday again because Wits can't do saturday?

Oh you are right about the circle, though, you can't select which people are allowed and which people are not with 'just' a spell can you?

and how much penetration would you guys feel is reasonable to include in the warding? Thanks for putting up with the line of questioning btw :)

A few points: Ring is +2, I think. You don't need touch on the spell if you already have circle. You could do environmental triggers on spells with The watching ward on core 162, but it's expensive and hard. If you can pull off penetration that actually matters, i.e. at least 10 or so, then its worth considering. Otherwise penetration 0 will keep mundanes out and you can bring family in by sharing parma, and you can have mundane defences against magi. Someone in the covenant or the city can surely help you with that.

Turns out I can play on Saturday after all.

As fare I understand it yes you can cast a other circle on a already existing at last if you dont break the previous circle what might need to use a permant fixed circle in your lab.

Edit: So everyone have time for sunday then? I hope I be fit enough then to be GM as the weatherforcast anounced 40 C for sunday and living right under the roof means I will have this temperture also in my computer room.

Archived