Black Chicken Studios Forums

Belle's Time Frame

AuraForte

I've been curious for a while on when & if there is a time limit on which ships that can be in the game.

im assuming it's only limited to till 1939? or will it cover more ships past that year? (hoping it will be past that since one of my fave ships was commissioned in 1942)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I understand the first game will start September 1, 1939, so there will be no ship at start that was finished after the game start but there probably some time progress in the game.

More important each year of the war become its own game where I think you can import your Belle and Captain from the previous year and natural there will be ships suitable to the new year.

(Just keep in mind that BCS currently have not published any of the announced follow ups for their other games and for Academagia the release was already 08-13-2010 so you can expect at last 6 years in RL for the sequel)

I was under the impression that the game will be expanded on on a day-to-day basis, so come, what, 2020 or something you'll have a, what, 3-4 years long single game, in which stuff gets unlocked as is appropriate (a NG+ feature allows you to restart from September '39).

I'm sure it was mentioned...somewhere, but...let's see, almost 40 pages of general question topic, probably up to 2K comments on the Kickstarter page by now, 17 pages of the initial Kickstarter topic and at least a half-dozen other topic of varying sizes where it may or may not have been mentioned...

Yep, looks like we'll have to wait for confirmation.

The "story moves day-by-day in a 1:1 ratio" worries me. What if I have a week-long vacation, or I'm busy with something all day and can't play VB at the time?

I shouldn't be "punished" for missing out on something due to real life circumstances. I'm talking about regular gameplay and not special events going on.

Actually, on that note, what does happen when you're out on vacation and don't check into the game for a few days? Does the game pause for you automatically? Does it run certain aspects by itself? Does it play until the current day, requiring the player to set it back in order to replay the days they missed?

Archived