Black Chicken Studios Forums

Problems with "Accept Commission" & "The Challenge at the Redoubt"

Darkhawk

The abilities "Accept Commission" (Grand Forge: Personal Station) and "The Challenge at the Redoubt" (Redoubt of Champions) do not show up for me. I have unlocked both, my char has Enchant/Materials Knowledge at 10 and Rimbal/Endurance at 11 both listed as maxed out. Has there been some change to this that I wasn't aware of, am I missing something, or is it a bug?  

I'm playing with the newest 3.0.12 version. 

On a sidenote: In playing this (great!) game again after a 'small' 6 year break I notice there are still lots of typos and also some not so great grammar interspersed throughout, which is a shame for such a text/immersion focused game. Do you have some tools you use to make reporting and correcting easier than just noting it in game, alt-tabbing to a textfile, writing the original text down along with the fix, repeating and then mailing it on this forum? Because in another playthrough with a new char, I might be willing to help out trying to catch everything I see if you'd like. I see the last CP is about to be released though, so maybe there's already been done a lot of editing in that one? 

If it be any consolation, I have been trying to help find many typos. All things considered, the game could have been a lot worse with typos - i have read narrative/story games that are worse.

In my games, I had the opposite issue: I easily unlocked "The Challenge at the Redoubt", but could not be bothered to use it. Maybe this will put your report in perspective.

2 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

One thing to watch out for- if you have Increases, your Skill Level may be maxed, but the 'true' value isn't. The Abilities are unlocked from the 'true' value.

Yeah, I guess it displays the 'true' value if I mouse hover over the skill, and subtract any listed bonus? Hovering over Materials Knowledge simply says the skill is 10, over Endurance, it says 11, with +1 from Controlled Breathing. Also, if the skill isn't trainable anymore, I guess that means its 'true' value is maxed out? That's why I'm confused as to why I don't get those two abilities :) 

Ugh, never mind, I take full responsibility for having bad memory in real life. I already did The Challenge at the Redoubt. As for the Accept Commision, seems I needed 10 in Forge to get the option. I looked at the Wiki about this, and only saw the Materials Knowledge 8 requirement listed there. 

Sorry, I'll accept demerits for the bother ;)

Archived