Black Chicken Studios Forums

Go Navy, Beat Army!!!

DrYuriMom

Tomorrow in Philadelphia will commence the 119th meeting of the Cadets and Midshipmen over the hallowed field of battle known as Football.  In recognition of this sacred tradition, I commissioned some artwork.  For those who have read my fic, The Improbable Captain, you may recognize the sans-rigging Belle depicted.  Her name is USS Pensacola and she gets rather passionate when it comes to the ancient interservice rivalry between grunts and squids.

Note that her appearance is sans rigging.  It's also sans her sidearm and some other accessories which would not have made sense on a playing field and in any case could have led to the unfortunate demise of the entire Corp of Cadets. 😏

So, ladies and gentlemen, be glad she's on your side and rest assured as long as you heave a hearty cry of GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY😤

pensacola with bg5.png

The Army Navy football game, that magical time of year when Marines and sailors set aside their differences to focus on what truly matters. Beating the ever loving dog shit out of West Point at North American Hand Egg.

Especially when those bastards maliciously played better the last two years and managed to break Annapolis's decade plus win streak. That simply cannot be allowed to stand. 

Since our british refs usually talk about it I initially thought of this handegg game.

But oh, yeah that makes much more sense.

@DrYuriMom That is an amazing commission. Pensa looks very cool. I was just confused about the skirt, but wikipedia solved that quickly. Thank you very much for that contribution. 😍

I met Adi through her work on visual novels I'm in love with, Heart of the Woods and The Waters Above by Studio Elan.  That said, I just IM'd her and she gave me links to her DevArt and Tumblr accounts.  Feel free to enjoy her other work and hopefully you might buy Studio Elan games when they come out starting early 2019. 🙂

Okay, can we all agree then to cheer for the ladies of the Royal Navy on May the 3rd 2019 to try to make their first win ever?
And on May the 4th 2019, when the men play against the British Army and get ther long due win after 8 years not winning. 

Who cares about the Royal Air Force anyway? (The games are both on April 5th 2019)

This was a PSA for @Wellington99

6 hours ago, TwoHeavens said:

...Thor's bead, did the RN actually show up?

Trust me, if they hadn't it would've been far worse than 95-0 in 2017. More like 200-0. The mens scoreboard is slightly different.
All the more reason to cheer for them, right?

It looks like the 2017 RN ladies team was just that bad.  The RAF managed to make the first game of it the entire series that year and the RN lost 72-0 to that RAF team.

Archived