Black Chicken Studios Forums

How to Duel?

knightav

Am I strange in that I have never gotten into a duel before? (nor have I seen any options for starting one)

It sounds like a really intriguing "mini-game" and one of the best reasons to learn a lot of the magic. Does anybody know how to get involved in this area of gameplay?

Only 'duel' I've seen so far was in an event, and I bet that's nothing but a shadow of real dueling. I am aware that there is a duel skill set, my current character doesn't have any of those skills (I've been playing a good little student, for all that she stumbled onto forbidden gate magic all the same :rolleyes: )

I bet, though I don't know for sure, that getting some of those duel skills and improving them might open up a chance to start duels.

Knight;

Actual Duels in the game are experienced differently, and use the combat system I alluded to when I mentioned monsters. You don't need need a high Dueling Skill to get into one- instead you will need have a low Relationship with a Character, enter into a Vendetta, and then you can select an Adventure which will start the negotiations for it. :rolleyes:

Are there actual Rimbal matches as well that use this system? I thought I saw some spells/abilities in a playthrough that might have been tied to it. If so, does anybody know how to get started in there? (My guess would be adventure, but it is hard to tell)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wone my first Duel and then even against Phillipe Marchant.

It was kind of strange because I didnt understand why some Actions/Spells fanish after they used a vew time and because we where stuck at distant range and both couldent close in.

What also was strange is that Philipe Marchant didnt cast any spell to damage me, he only cast the same debuff spell over and over again.

Poor Philippe- he's at the mercy of the Spells and Actions he can discover before the Duel begins...and what his experiences have taught him work. :)

I know he have at last the one that give temp 1 dmg 1 stress for 2 turns because he used it outside of the duell against me.

Edit: just looked back he casted Minor Bends around 1 week bevore against me.

Edit2: How long is a sucesfull Duel suposed to protect? Because 6 days after the Duel he already Bully me again.

Phillipe's familiar can also inflict 2 damage.

Schwarzbert - it's supposed to last the rest of the year. You're encountering the same duel geas bug that I ran into where he is able to still inflict hostile actions despite your triumph. As far as I've been told it's being investigated and corrected as soon as it's feasible.

Archived