Black Chicken Studios Forums
Dano

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Legate I don't think people are really asking for firm dates. I think they just want the kind of thing you were telling us just now, but in a KS update. Where's everything stand? How's the writing? How's the art coming? Sound design? Sound track? Where's integration and ongoing engine work stand? Not when it will be done necessarily. Just... what's happening. I think a lot of people would be content not having dates or deadlines, provided they have a general feel for what's going on with the actual state of the work. And don't get me wrong, I fully understand an update like that's extra work on the pile, but communication doesn't have to commit the studio to dates or timelines, and it seems like a lot of folks are feeling like they're really in the dark. 

TH;

We discussed that very thing this morning. :)

We've been planning the Update for some time, so it may be that we'll wait the weeks to deliver it- but there's no harm in discussing at least what the Team is working on in the next Update. That seems more than reasonable- I'll bring it up.

I would believe you'd get pretty positive results from that. I mean, Mign can speak for herself, but from listening to what everyone's saying, that seems like the best solution to me.

I wonder why the Go/No-Go vote updates stopped? The last one was a long time ago. I liked them because they gave us an idea on what the team has been working on since the last vote and how far the game was trucking along.

Mignonette;

Oh, the Team stopped those when we realized the extent of what had happened with the app backend- at that point, it was nothing but no go. They’ll return again, but we have some steps to retrace first.

That said, I think it’s easy enough to arrange that same checkpoint in terms of visibility, especially after the Fleet Problems. We’ll discuss at the Team meet.