Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

I don't remember in what game I saw this but there they displayed a %chance of success for each choice in selections similiar to adventures and events in Academagia.

This would be great if the success chance is really calculated ahead with all the modifications on it and optional displayed at the start of the choice.

I know some purist don't like to see this numbers so it should be optional but the roll should the on the calculated % chance and not recalculated.

I like the idea of your familiar friend comming to your rescue. You got this special bond and if it's strong then it will likely know when something is terribly wrong, probably works the otherway around aswell. What do you think?

I think I called my adventure "the soulprison" or something. It's not that bad, I noticed it might need a few adjustments, and it's slightly overpowered in the original design.

Hmmm, speaking of this, what happens to the familiar if their master get soul-swapped or some-such?

(At this rate every cave in Elumia is going to be populated with Mastery masters)

I wondered for a while about the various "+33 chance of success" and whatnots from adventures, the pedant in me thinks that if it was a percentage bonus it would have the "%" sign on it and wonders what it actually represent :P

Given the issues with adventure success signals (particularly where a stage has multiple phases) I think the exact figure might be tricky. it would have helped me back in the day though, I could tell that blue was likely to succeed, red unlikely, but assumed that as purple is a mix of red & blue it should be somewhere in between with black meaning no chance... I had trouble with adventures back then :rolleyes:

Hmmm, speaking of this, what happens to the familiar if their master get soul-swapped or some-such?

(At this rate every cave in Elumia is going to be populated with Mastery masters)

Knowing your mastery is a good thing it helps provide protection against it, like "Seal against Mastery".

What you do with your "mastery skills" is something completely different. It's also funny how mastery phemes and spells got (reclassified as Revision) simply to allow it's use in interrogations.

People should be held accountable for their actions and intent, not their knowledge or personal beliefs if they keep it to themselves.

As far as I know this is how it normaly works in the game world. Unlike in Dragon Age that Bioware made.

Ofcourse, dragon age was different since mages were born with a special afinity for magic, where as in Choris and Academagia people learn to use it. It is potentialy available for everyone if they choose to persue it.

Knowing your mastery is a good thing it helps provide protection against it, like "Seal against Mastery".

What you do with your "mastery skills" is something completely different. It's also funny how mastery phemes and spells got (reclassified as Revision) simply to allow it's use in interrogations.

People should be held accountable for their actions and intent, not their knowledge or personal beliefs if they keep it to themselves.

As far as I know this is how it normaly works in the game world. Unlike in Dragon Age that Bioware made.

Ofcourse, dragon age was different since mages were born with a special afinity for magic, where as in Choris and Academagia people learn to use it. It is potentialy available for everyone if they choose to persue it.

Okay, okay! I get that I am a morally bankrupt Mastery person :(, but....

I meant familiars....

You know, since you were talking about how your soul-bonded pet come to rescue you from being body-robbed. I was just thinking about what is going to happen to a familiar if their owner had their body stolen. Legaaaaaaaaaaaaaate?

(Although the students in Academagia are all exceptionally talented to a degree, I think it is mentioned somewhere that it is not exactly easy for anyone in the setting to learn magic, let alone at the same speed as the characters in game)

Also I propose that you should let the more attentive people on the forum to take a peek at the Y2 UI and see if they can give some feedback (namely, Schwartzbart and Draigh)

I don't remember in what game I saw this but there they displayed a %chance of success for each choice in selections similiar to adventures and events in Academagia.

This would be great if the success chance is really calculated ahead with all the modifications on it and optional displayed at the start of the choice.

I know some purist don't like to see this numbers so it should be optional but the roll should the on the calculated % chance and not recalculated.

I wondered for a while about the various "+33 chance of success" and whatnots from adventures, the pedant in me thinks that if it was a percentage bonus it would have the "%" sign on it and wonders what it actually represent :P

Given the issues with adventure success signals (particularly where a stage has multiple phases) I think the exact figure might be tricky. it would have helped me back in the day though, I could tell that blue was likely to succeed, red unlikely, but assumed that as purple is a mix of red & blue it should be somewhere in between with black meaning no chance... I had trouble with adventures back then :rolleyes:

Its a core decision if the roll is a D100 or something other and if the calculation for the roll is done when the text for the event is displayed or after the choice is made.

So unless they already have the system made like this I doubt we see my suggestion in year 2.

If I might suggest, I personally would like to know how I picked up a given pheme ingame for future reference. Whether it was obtained through a random action or through class, etc. The only way to do so currently is a bit.... painful to go through every day's after action report.

Do you mind to get a new background into the game that is similar to my Old Familiar spell Background?

I ask for this because when picking a random familiar or plan to change the familiar later its better to have a spell that cover all attributes then spend a background in a single attribute.

Sure I did it already in my mini mods but there apparently many people out there who prefer to use no mods.

Btw upload of a save for the 2 reported bugs (stress min not working and continue to Chimney Crows Second Adventure) is running now

Student Adventure Emilia P is kind of strange written so that it sound like at last the first steps are actual on the same day instead on different days.

How about change Student Adventure Emilia P 1 so that she thank you for the help there and make Student Adventure Emilia P 2 unrelated to P 1 and she only come to you because you helped her before.

Still the next steps have similar bad writing that either you make them direct continues or rewrite it.

(Sorry such things only really come up when you try to write a story from it )

In my story I will write it as if 0-2 is happen in one day where she get the materials for a potion but 3 and later is then unrelated.

This all is just because step 1 makes everything look so urgent that she wouldn't allow any break.

It may have changed as I haven't played it for ages, but "A meeting at the tavern" used to be like that too - the beginning of the guard captain main quest. The first step of the adventure was something like getting the captain to agree to talk to you and then the second was the conversation itself.

Schwarzbart;

Haha! That's deliciously dark. If such a thing exists...you'll have to uncover it in the later years. :)

Hmm if body swapping is possible that just gave another reason why mastery is forbidden and an essentially unlimited way of life-extension for those lacking in ethics.

You'd think it would have to involve several school of magic like revision/gates, mastery is mostly about mind control after all. Right?

On that note, does the concept of "souls" exist in Academagia? I suppose the existence of ghosts means they do.