Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Is it true that doing a lot of Adventures has a negative side effect in Y2?

How are Attributes handelt in Y2?

It is again and again mentioned that black sheep will have a terrible experience during Vacation.

Is it always bad or can you work against it with high skills or good Grades ?

Do you lose like permanent Vitalität or do you just spend like sweeping the floor for 2 months during the Black sheep vacation ?

With a Heritage Background and long travel time, can you decrease the time spend at this Bad experience ?

They are not trying to kill the PC,  will they ?

Can you disown them if you spend the following Summers in summer school ?

Dani & Rhi;

"There's no penalty on the player for leaning heavily on Adventures in Y2 - but, remember, the *outcomes* of Adventures (as they continue into Y2) are not necessarily straightforward, and may ultimately turn out to be good or bad from your perspective.

We can't comment on Attribute except to reinforce that while still useful, they are dramatically less important in Y2.

Without going into the specifics of a Black Sheep's summer experience, you might reasonably expect it to reflect the burden of being in an unfriendly, unsupportive environment (at least when you first go "home"), but good things can come out of it.  In a mechanical sense, you won't be saddled with nothing but negative effects.

A person who offered meaningful looks into Draconic behavior through Astrology could probably expect to be publicly celebrated - and maybe even offered employment - if she, he, or they reported what they'd seen promptly to the closest temple, Guard, or Academy staff member.  Dragons have the uncanny ability to evade Astrological monitoring, for the most part, unless they interact with large numbers of humans in extremely disruptive ways; they've spent centuries learning to blur the perceptions of human seers (and perhaps even the Gods as well)."

On 11/22/2023 at 4:58 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

A person who offered meaningful looks into Draconic behavior through Astrology could probably expect to be publicly celebrated - and maybe even offered employment - if she, he, or they reported what they'd seen promptly to the closest temple, Guard, or Academy staff member.  Dragons have the uncanny ability to evade Astrological monitoring, for the most part, unless they interact with large numbers of humans in extremely disruptive ways; they've spent centuries learning to blur the perceptions of human seers (and perhaps even the Gods as well)."

I am sorry, but you misunderstood my question - although your answer is interesting. Rather, I was asking about a situation in which a dragon is seen by a human to be using astrology.

On a related note, would it be illegal to suggest that dragons can evade astrology because they are able to negate astrological magic in some way? I am not even referring to specifically anti-astrological negations.

Rhi;

"The almost universally held belief is that Dragons can't use Astrology in any meaningful way, since the ultimate source of Astrological insight is the Gods - and the one side defies surveillance by and communication with the other.  (Dragons are believed to use Gates to communicate with... other extraplanar entities for information and pseudo-astrological effects, mind.)

So if someone claimed to see a Dragon doing pure Astrology, it almost certainly just wouldn't be believed."

5 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

"The almost universally held belief is that Dragons can't use Astrology in any meaningful way, since the ultimate source of Astrological insight is the Gods - and the one side defies surveillance by and communication with the other.  (Dragons are believed to use Gates to communicate with... other extraplanar entities for information and pseudo-astrological effects, mind.)

So if someone claimed to see a Dragon doing pure Astrology, it almost certainly just wouldn't be believed."

Would such a claim be illegal, though?

9 hours ago, Rhialto said:

I doubt that such a map potrayed the whole world, instead showing only only those parts of the world known to the Empire of Man.

If it's the map I've saved a local copy of for reference, it cuts off Auncesay/Oncestria and Staade to the north(?) and Strozza to the south(?). I'm actually not sure how to orient the map since it shows the river in Mineta going left to right, but Mineta's map itself has the river going top to bottom ;).

8 hours ago, Dani said:

I would like to Know where staade, monteo, Mineta and thei on a Map are.

Broadly: Staade is NE of Meril; Auncesay/Oncestria is NW or Meril; Meril is N of Mineta; Pievre is a mid-south section of Meril's island; Mineta is roughly centred; the Wall is shown E of Mineta; S-SE of Mineta is the Renaglian chain of Strozza; Strozza proper is S of Mineta and S-SW of the Renaglian chain; Monteon (or at least what's left of it) is W of Strozza's northen mainland, SW of Mineta. Thei I actually can't find on the map, at least at a glance, but there is a place called Theil in NW Meril. Not sure if that's related.

3 hours ago, Dani said:

According to the Wiki

Work until you drop should give you Research points and Favor etc.

But it only gives you 1 skill Ss , test taking Ss , 1 Study point and 2 Stress

I'm guessing the wiki is outdated there. Work Until you Drop has that effect at least since DLC 15, though it had a different effect in the initial 1.0.0 release.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Rhi;

"There aren't specific Academy-wide restrictions on lipstick, regardless of age.  It's not a mass-produced commodity, even in Mineta, but a specialized concoction of beeswax and dyes that basically has to be made to order.  (And, in a general sense, it's associated with older women trying to look younger, or with actors and actresses trying to accentuate their features on the stage, not so much with kids trying to look more mature than they are.)

The Academy does have Glamour and Sumptuary Codes that specifically discourage students on the grounds from presenting themselves "in a manner unbefitting the custom and proper comportment of their age," which generally means that sixteen year olds can get away with things eleven year olds can't, but the actual specifics of the Codes haven't been formally updated in decades - Orso certainly can't be bothered - and they're not strictly enforced.  In practice, what really signifies whether or not you're appropriately arranged on school grounds is... well, whether Professor Badcrumble or Professor Piaxenza grabs you in the hallways and tells you to clean yourself up."

@Legate of Mineta: So, in an attempt to impose some order upon the various statements about the ages of Y1 students, I have come up with the following explanation, which I hope is correct. In order to be in Y1, people must be at least 12 years old but in theory can be 11 years old. However, only Kurt Henning has been allowed to enter Y1 at 11 years old, and all of the other Y1 students in the game are at least 12 years old and their birthdays have them turning 13 years old. Is this correct?