Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 11 bugs n stuff

Adrian

Sorry to make this thread so soon <_<

Random event animal pen 5, the astronomy exit's fail (I think, it was "make a friend out of your attacker"): The link to (in my case) Baldassare is strange.

"Your screams for help get heard, and 'his' comes to your rescue" better it was 'Professor Monetario' I think.

Tale of two taunts adventure chain. Something is off. I can see the adventure but not from part 00: "Sign Language: A Trap for Talented Plotters" as it should usually be, but as 06: "This time for real".

I am not sure why that is, but I do not have the required skills to actually unlock the adventure. <_<

Fairly sure that something is strange about this!

You need Vilocian for the talented plotters, I... think. But yeah, the 'This Time For Real' adventure is showing up for me, too, even though I started (and failed) Sign Language...

In the same vein, that adventure seems a bit harsh: if you fail a single step, the adventure disappears for good. :(

Just to be repetitive (and have all bugs in one place): there's the Drowsy/Ennui bug, and the Professor Lounge and Imperial Sphinx room visitation rights too soon deal.

Platypus's adventures are showing up twice. For me, the bug continued up to the Sir Duck part, before the second adventure disappeared. I believe the split came after failing the first Character Study exit... one option offered me the option to continue and try Character Study, while the other option seemed to think that I had chosen for Platypus to go strike out on his own.

Arithmetic event... 5, I think, the adventure where Prudence throws pebbles at you, failing the tactics option has a spelling mistake... IIRC, it was the word silently. It's around the part where Prudence is trying to hide her laughter.

Adrian and Mikka;

Thanks! We'll close these in DLC 11. I know that Tale of Two Taunts was looked at in 10, but it seems the issue persists. Platypus is new, although, I believe I see the issue.

We confirmed the Drowsy issue- that one is related to Date Prerequisites. When we made the change in 48/49, it looks like Emotions retained the old system. We'll get that sorted out in 50.

Thanks again!

Also a problem with Platypus: if you decide to fight the turtles, you never get to go buy the book. Looking in the modtools, that's the Step 04, and whether you succeed or fail at your Incantation or Glamour, you still never move to Familiar Adventure 05 (in game, I only did the Glamour exit, admitedly, so if Incantation was fixed in DLC 11, I, er, well... don't know :)- however, both failing and succeeding at the Glamour exit doesn't move you to 05, I know).

(Looking at 05, it also seems at least as of DLC 10, that if Platypus doesn't have enough money in 05, he never can go back once he does have enough money even though the shopkeeper implies that he can, though obviously as I can't get to that in game I can't be certain.)

I think the whole adventure could use a double-check.

Random Event Vernin 5 has no picture associated with it, which just looks odd. Very blank.

...this is not a bug, but I suppose it could be a 'stuff'... I'm curious, is 'The Legend of Jansen Jan' the turnip thief a tribute of sorts to Baldur's Gate II? I had never noticed it before. If it isn't, it's a fantastic coincidence. Made me giggle.

the gnome lives? yet? despite my best efforts to see him become dragon food?! Bah! No one stays dead anymore *mutters*

Thankfully nearly all the essence is gathered, once that happens my acension is assured, and then I shall slay all the gods. Thus preventing ressurection - and then have him killed by dragon yet again!

Heh. At least it isn't Crend and his metaphors of awful. Or Quayle and Tiax. Talk about annoying gnomes...

* Random Event Potions 4, observation… ‘…at everyone and you spot Her with an armload’. The first Her should probably be Noemia.

* Random Event Thief 6, Sleuthing success- ‘You quietly begin to follow N\A and not let Her out of your sight’- should be Isabeau.

* If you choose the Tower of the Cold Forge (gotten from the Vernin History subskill) as a passive location, the first part of the Much-Rumored Tower adventure (where you need to define Time) immediately starts. This allows you to complete the adventure twice. Two swords of Kush are probably very scary.

* Chemistry 4 gives the you have learned about, ‘Aetherial Poisonous’, which is blank. Scratch that: it looks blank when you click on it when getting it as an end-day summary, but if you go to recipes directly, it shows up as being there. That’s a bit odd. Puff Piece still doesn’t work, at least!

* Ivory Covered Ribbons, the Diplomacy Success where you’re talking to Professor Leith- Dale or Dave or whatever his name is turns in to Yulia.

* At the end of the year ‘Thoughts on Family’ area, the ‘Your summer days will be filled with Rimbal’ lacks punctuation.

* At the end of the year for my poor Platypus, ‘Eh, forget about searching.’ was the only option for me, which is very sad…. The ‘We weren’t very close’ with Bond 5 seemed mean. Also, right after that, the game jumped straight to credits without the usual ‘meet your friends’, 'best sort of magic' and ‘you’ll miss Academagia!’ screens.

* chwarzbart’s Negation Wand adventure needs a debugging. The adventure tends to put you back at earlier states but keeps memory of actions taken still imprinted in them, so that you can't go further in to the adventure. Two examples: if during the 'Great Soak', you choose to come back another time, you're put back to Getting the Materials... where the game won't acknowledge that you have the (Barkless) Holly Bough already, and thus forces you to repeatedly go to the reserve (Move Silently->Botany->Navigation, for me), but the going through the reserve won't give you another Holly Bough. You need to find another Holly Bough (such as through the Scouting option you get after completing the Mushroom Botany adventure) off of the adventure, and then debark this new one (despite having a debarked Holly still hanging around one) and then go the Great Soak again.

Second example, only a bit after that, if you do the Arranging for Stonecrushing by the Scouting option, then fail the Stonecrushing with the Alchemy Tools option, you can break your topaz. You'll then be put back to Prep Work, where it notes that you're missing an ingredient, but there's no option to buy another topaz (the only option is that you don't have enough money- a bit mean with me having over 2000pims). You need to get another topaz from outside of the adventure to continue it.

That's where I got frustrated, but I believe that can happen with other items going missing and steps where you pause the adventure for a while, too.

Yes because I haved to take care of the Memorys (they simply could only set once and then can't be removed) my orginal planing was so much biger then what the team have put into the game. ^^

But then I also have allowed to craft the wands as many times you whant in my orginal version ^^.

Random Event Patrol 1:

Perhaps should not be available to Aranaz students, I don't think you would want to stop your upperclassmen in their plots when they are from the same collage... particularly not Aranaz.

I just noticed that there are several items that list Paper as one of their ingredients (Scoll Sheets and the Large Clock Face for instance), but I can't seem to find paper in Modtool 3.

I can find Parchment and Scroll Sheets, but there is no mention of Paper.

Aah, the Item Type that makes sense ;)

Anyway while adding some stuff from the modbase3 to the Wiki I noticed the following:

School Survival and all it's subskills seem to be missing the lvl 11 skillperks.

Furthermore the Study Habits Skill Perk 6 Inform Cryptology has a magnitude of 0, which should be probably be 6.

Now I'm off to play like a madman and hope I finish this game before the next DLC hits ;)

Pretty sure that Glow of Victory isn't a Finesse/Persuasion v. 4 roll as it claims to be in its description, given that even with a Persuasion of 10 and a Finesse of 4, I still see it as blue. I added a couple of phemes on it for difficulty 12 and turned it purple when it should still have remained at least red if not black difficulty-wise. Bug or am I missing something?

Akaros;

It should indeed be Finesse + Persuasion- it doesn't sound right at all. To verify, what is your game version? If you press F12 and look in the bottom left, you should see 1.5.0.0, if you have the most recent patch. Additionally, did you check the mod when you first started your game?

Let me know, and thanks!

Akaros;

It should indeed be Finesse + Persuasion- it doesn't sound right at all. To verify, what is your game version? If you press F12 and look in the bottom left, you should see 1.5.0.0, if you have the most recent patch. Additionally, did you check the mod when you first started your game?

Let me know, and thanks!

The mod was checked, and the game's at 1.4.9.0, which is the latest currently available from Impulse. I'll update to 1.5.0.0 manually tomorrow and let you know if it's fixed, though it doesn't seem to be listed in any of the recent changelogs.

Akaros;

No, I doubt very much it will be corrected by 1.5.0.0. I'd like to take a look at your game- could you send me a pm to a RapidShare link of your save? I would very much like to know what's going wrong with the color coding- I have a suspicion it may be related to a change we made in how Parent Skill are displayed.

Thanks!

Thank you!

Edit:

Akaros, I am unable to load your game due a content mismatch- are you using any mods beyond the official DLC?

Nope, no mods, and no alterations. The only thing I didn't do was update to 1.5.0.0 before I uploaded. Odd. Maybe one of the times I manually patched as opposed to waiting for the Impulse update screwed it up. Maybe I should uninstall/reinstall.

Akaros;

It's possible- we have seen some issues with manual updates and Impulse in the past.

Hmm, very strange- I've run a simple test on a new game with Glow of Victory, and it appears to be color-coded correctly.

I will send your save on to the Coding Team to see if they have any other ideas, though.

Thanks!

Shade Bond Adventure - "You look down a your Shadw" - at your Shade "they must be veil" - evil

In the Familiar Bond Adventure Faux Dragon 3 is shows as "You help [Familiar Name]"

Elemental Warriors 06 - "After arriving at the hanger once again, ember leads you through a series of tunnels and accelerated tunnels you come to yet another opening" - Ember and until you come?

Elemental Warriors 07 - "You love above you" - look?

The Water Challenge - "you create a current small current" - a small current

Dating Phemes, I think - Smokey look. Not Smoky? Both are used.

Something's Not Right - "What to living people ever want?" - what do

Student Adventure Cirillo Laziosi 04c - "but delivering on time with extra...now that besides...now that makes an impression" - just now that

Professor Sido's Friends - "Actor: Tarvixio Sido"

Tales of Mastery: Nobiott's tale - "I don't know one gleans that from a story..." - I don't know how one gleans

Deristus' Zeal - " I became the same sort of bully that I had victimized me just two years earlier" - that had victimized

Piccolet's Adventure also has some odd links in the final step of it where it either mentions his clique or his entire biography but I haven't played it that recently to say where exactly. Will do so soon.

I also have the This Time for Real adventure without the first step of it showing off and even after I complete it (in order to do all the adventures), it still comes up. I must have done it about three times per game on its own and once from start to finish and I think it's still there.

Archived