Black Chicken Studios Forums

Failing Rivals

Heahengel

So, what happens if I make my rival fail at her tests? Is it different for midterms and finals (I assume failing at finals won't affect things till year two if ever)?

The tattly Cosetta Re just scored a combined three on her Geometry and Dielectic midterms in my current game. I really love Negative Alteration of Organic Matter. Any chance I can get her flunked out if I mess with her finals also?

Also, is there any bonus for very high midterm scores?

NewMage;

There is no special bonus for having high midterms, although an overall high grade will benefit you in Year 2. As to failing, it's not possible to have an NPC flunk out in Year 1, but we will probably return this feature in Year 2. Practically speaking, a low score in Year 1 will impact quite a few things for the NPCs in Year 2...;)

Practically speaking, a low score in Year 1 will impact quite a few things for the NPCs in Year 2

Hopfull for the Player also. ^^ (Even if I doubt that a player will have low scores after he have learned how to handle the game)

Edit: Wait ... Midterm of year 1 will also have an effect in year 2? Ups I never cared about my midterm so fare.

What do you mean by over all grade?

I also wonder if you use how good a Student is in relation to the other or fixed Numbers because some class tend to be end up in bad scores thanks to the hard to learn Skills.

Edit: Havent you told once that your not sure if you import the Skills and use them to generate new Exam Scores or Actual import the Exam Scores because they are influenced by items and magic.

I hope its not this simple Math because usualy Midterm dont count in to 100% to the end year results.

Also as mentioned above there are some Class where even the Endterm average of all Students is more toward 50 then 100 and so this maybe should also get into consideration.

Speaking about grades, it could be nice to have some comments on them at the end of the Year; perhaps the final scene could be designed as an official ceremony for the close of the school year where grades are given and eventual prizes are distributed, and some comments are made referring to the adventures you finished... I felt the end to be quite abrupt, like it is now.

Poor Katja is who I'm really worried about. If she gets sent off to Music School due to silly Kayley not having completed her adventure due to that goblin boots bug, Kayley will find a way to burst from my imagination to weep on the forums, I assure you.

I think the joke was that they took out the failing/flunking out in year one because, by the end of the year, around half the students were gone. You can inconvenience your rivals plenty by having them constantly fail and miss classes, though- eventually they get sent to hall sessions, and only doom comes from there. A few play-throughs ago (two DLCs ago, I think?) I saw Ana had an appointment with the P Court as her daily deed, so it seems they can still get in some serious trouble there.

As for midterms... hm. I have an idea for an adventure, suddenly.

Haha, oh yeah! In early builds, about half the class would be expelled. Later builds got it down to 20%, but still way too much, especially considering that you had very few tools to help your friends not get expelled. Currently, the NPCs can get to the Court, but they won't be kicked out no matter how badly they plead there. :)

This is handled differently in Year 2, so I expect the feature will be a lot more interesting. :)

This is handled differently in Year 2, so I expect the feature will be a lot more interesting. :)

By "handled differently" I expect you mean there are ways for the PC to intervene to keep their friends and other NPCs from being expelled, since that was your major reason for cutting NPC expulsion in the first place.

I wonder if people who got into the Law get more actions aviable for using against or for other Students in year 2 ^^

Because if you manage to bring a person to break the law and then use this to get the Sutdent locked in would shurly help to get him/her out of the Academy (but maybe not out of your live -.-')

• 3 weeks later...

Haha, oh yeah! In early builds, about half the class would be expelled. Later builds got it down to 20%, but still way too much, especially considering that you had very few tools to help your friends not get expelled. Currently, the NPCs can get to the Court, but they won't be kicked out no matter how badly they plead there. :)

If flunking out comes back in year 2 then it would have to be also present in year 3 year 4 and year 5. Imagine getting all students of one college flunk out. What then? A ghost college? ;) (and it would be fairly easy I imagine with those little 10 people colleges...)

If flunking out comes back in year 2 then it would have to be also present in year 3 year 4 and year 5. Imagine getting all students of one college flunk out. What then? A ghost college? ;) (and it would be fairly easy I imagine with those little 10 people colleges...)

What if we work really hard towards making everyone in a small college flunk out?

I want Oans and that Peter-grimdark-bully guys to flunk out

Ahem. Maybe make flunking out possible with a very, very small chance (about 1 to 3 students per year), and that it would be very public knowledge whose have a chance to flunk out?

Considering that Academagia is sorta a dream come true, people are going to try as hard as they can to stay in, and there is a lot of student-dependent content. And who are likely to flunk out being public knowledge would ensure people don't just vanish and slip by a player.

(I have a sudden feeling that the whole Sixt-urusp-Orsi thing might happens, or someone get fired. Maintaining the status quo might be a hard thing to do in future!)

Archived