Black Chicken Studios Forums

Battleship Bingo, Round 5!

Legate of Mineta

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I tried to figure out who she is, but I couldn't. I was mainly using the turrets, which said either late DD or Agano class cruiser, but I honestly couldn't tell. Those turrets look nothing like any turrets the Japanese used.

Hatsuharu-class, can't say which one, too chibified

I'm guessing because we're big softies and might eventually do it. :)

But you'd have to ask Dano and Metis to get their view. :)

Pretty sure that "interviewing" a Morgana at a later point was the idea, to give players the basic information about them that they would know as captains. Or, failing that, the explanation as to why they don't know even the basic information ;).

As for editing the board, well, I couldn't put "free space" in the middle without it looking like a crayon factory exploded, so if Dano wants to try anything fancy he's more than welcome to.

If Morgana's can't be interviewed there's little reason for them to be on the board, though I'd suggest not updating to that one until the next round to avoid possible confusion. I do like the non-eye searing Free Space filler, too :).

Incidentally, looking at (the board on page 1) A1 got me thinking. The large shots of D2 and D3 have a few other portraits, but I honestly can't tell if they're Belles or Morganas. All I can clearly see is one name - Kumano. Anyone know if that's a Belle/Morgana/generic placeholder and whether or not it should/can be added to the board?

I guess she could be any IJN ship with twin gun turrets. I just guessed Yubari due to the whole "Yubari Melon" meme from Kancolle.

'39+small twin turret= 127(A,B,B2,C), 140

turret is not rounded box> 127(B,B2)

part of "step" visible>> 127B2

21 on side >> DesDiv 21/12

not too fubuki> 21

DesDiv 21(pre-'41) >> Hatsuharu-class

I got the turret. what I couldn't figure was that 21. I thought it was the number of the DD, but DD-21 was certainly not one with those turrets. That's where I hit the dead end. If I had figured out that meant desdiv 21, I would have gotten what you have Von Lipstig.

Thanks everyone for making the mystery Belle previously on A4 a reality for this week! (assuming no last minute ballot stuffing! :P )

Now that I am no longer a Chicagoan (I moved west on Thursday) I'll retire from the strong arm tactics. That said, I think the Hiryuu camp put up a classy fight and I encourage everyone to seriously consider the plucky Japanese CV that outlasted her Kido Butai sisters at Midway for the next interview slot. That's who I'll be going for. :-)

A classy one for sure, but hardly one with this landslide. Regardless it was still fun. :)

I guess this means next week I get to continue to apply an idea from the last few years of the Tokugawa Shogunate to all of this.

As Sir Gawain learned, what is it that a Lady wants?

Her way.

;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wedding_of_Sir_Gawain_and_Dame_Ragnelle

Given we're dealing with Morganas, I thought I'd keep with the Arturian motif. :-)

The problem is choice~

Pretty sure A4 got it as well.

Some day Hiryuu... someday...

We just gotta push Hiryuu next week, and if that doesn't work we keep pushing until it happens.

If my endorsement means anything, you have it. We've only had one IJN Belle. We are due for another to keep the ratio generally on par with the overall ratios of Belle nationality.

Archived