Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 17 CP Update Bugs

Metis

Guess I'll start this early, here's what I've got so far:

Find Plant Action claims to add a "Choice" of Common Plant, but it's very much random

Omen: Three Suns (still) doesn't lock out the other Omen backgrounds Confirmed intended behaviour for, and I quote, "[Redacted] reasons"

Etiquette 3's Relationship Max increase goes to an unknown student if you get it through character creation

RE Awesome Community 14 Mastery Methods exit does not require any ranks/information in/on any Mastery skills
RE Awesome Community 32 Cryptology investigation success/failure(?) text has a non-default font color
RE Escaped Animals 3 claims to have an Investigation skill check
RE Rodrigo 3 Espionage success text: "Sensing your opportunity, you push Rodrigo forward, pass security" (should be "past" or maybe "passed" security, I think?)

A Dance with the Boys 02 Conversation exit description: "the people who work around here might now" (should be "know")
Arithmetic Adventure 01 Cryptology success text has a broken reference to Professor Valenta
Arithmetic Adventure 01 Flattery success text: "you say, working your hardest to disguise the dangerous amount of insincerity." (feels like there's a few words off/missing there?)
Gods and Stars 00 Leave and let those two be success text is (still) missing

Nothing extremely horrible that I've noticed so far, though there's definitely room for even more improvement.

In general, Random Event Roderigo 3 seems not to have been edited - my earlier typo correction

Random Event – Rodrigo 3

Rodrigo point toward the ballroom

should be

Rodrigo points toward the ballroom

remains unimplemented.

RE Rodrigo 3 Espionage success text: Sensing your opportunity, you push Rodrigo forward, pass security

should be

RE Rodrigo 3 Espionage success text: Sensing your opportunity, you push Rodrigo forward, past security

I was able to play the new Beatrix von Wetgen adventure - I like the Team's improvements to my writing. But there was one typo that I noticed - when the player character decides to stay with Beatrix, Beatrix spends 100 pims on three wreaths, of which 1 pim is described as a tip. Yet the text repeatedly describes the wreathes as worth 23 pims each, rather than 33. But maybe the Team revised the sum that Beatrix got to 70 pims total?

The adventure A Day in Zoology's stage The Forest still contains references to photographs and scientists.

Furthermore, it is still possible to research synchronicity related subskills only through knowing the locations, without having been informed about the subskills themselves.

Before I report on bugs, I have questions: @Legate of Mineta, does the Adventure Wandering with Beatrix von Wetgen include a Memory for completion, either for remaining with her until the end or for just completing the adventure? I need to know for the purposes of a sequel adventure for Y2 that I am planning.

Bugs:

Glorious Crawl Adventure 10

When Llarina de Avuel is first introduced in this story, instead of the story’s saying “Llarina de Avuel is sitting closest to you and waves excitedly when you look at her”, the story says “PCFullName is sitting closest to you and waves excitedly when you look at her”

Bug and Typo:

Whenever another student uses the Inspire action, the day’s log produces the following repetitive message:

All All Students Stress Maximum was temporarily increased…

All All Students Courage Skill Level was temporarily increased…

The Relationship of StudentWhoUsedInspire Fullname [in my game, Miya Hikari] and RandomProfessor FullName [in my game, Marlein Knoht] was increased by increased by 1.

This would be better phrased as:

All Students’ Stress Maximum was temporarily increased…

All Students’ Courage Skill Level was temporarily increased…

The Relationship of StudentWhoUsedInspire Fullname [in my game, Miya Hikari] and RandomProfessor FullName [in my game, Marlein Knoht] was increased by 1.

Although the flavor text for Charming of the Peer (an event unlocked automatically when the PC reaches Awareness Level 8) says that the benefit (+ 5 to a relationship with a student) is with a choice of student, it is really a random bonus.

Typos:

Corradin 01

You continue to ensure Corradin that you are the one

should be

You continue to assure Corradin that you are the one

Storytelling SL IV

His was Y’un…concern in the mans voice brought tears to the womans eyes…struck a cord

should be

His name was Y’un…concern in the man’s voice brought tears to the woman’s eyes…struck a chord

The Beggar

You were not to know the answer highness…your highness?” Asked the beggar

should be

You were not to know the answer, highness…your highness?” asked the beggar

The Towed Island 07

…his condescending behave

should be

…his condescending behavior

The Family Portrait

I need to talk to you Seneca

should be

I need to talk to you, Seneca

Beatrix’s Bestiary – Creating Camouflage: Glamour success

A simple image of a tree superimposed over Beatrix should do just fine, provided she doesn’t swing her arms around or take long steps, anything that might have her emerging from the boundaries of the illusion. With a few waves of your wand, you coat Beatrix is a shimmering field of light that swiftly resolves into a small tree.

should be

A simple image of a tree surrounding Beatrix should do just fine, provided that she doesn’t swing her arms around, take long steps, or do anything that might have her emerging from the boundaries of the illusion. With a few waves of your wand, you coat Beatrix in a shimmering field of light that swiftly resolves into a small tree.

Student Adventure Zoe Melis 03

There a couple of ways to go about it

should be [because there are in fact more than 2 options presented]

There are several ways to go about it

Tyrant Wolf Adventure 03

…an amulet made the teeth of a great many predators. His face his framed by massive grey beard

should be

…an amulet made from the teeth of a great many predators. His face is framed by a massive grey beard

• 6 months later...

Archived