Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

How large is the population in Mineta and surrounding to sustain a elite of over 80 new Mages per year?

I ask because we have alone in Academagia over 80 Students in year 1, then there at last 2 other large mage schools for the same area and I also suspect we have at last two handful of new Mage apprentices each year in this region.

Legate? A naughty thought just popped into my head and ... well ...

1) Are there spells that would negate spells in an area with particular effects? Namely transparency and invisibility.

2) How is the school lighted again? I cannot believe the bathroom is lighted with torches or lamps. Can you believe the number of Bloody Mary incidents?

3) How strong are the school walls? Will they prevent someone from drilling and covering it up so that they can ... peep.

4) Will the dwarves teach us how to hold fast against a siege? Did they help build the academy and really sturdy?

Well there goes all the naughty thoughts...

5) Will the teachers mind if I keep my hood up? I have a tattoo / am bald / am cold, even in the summer due to a witch's curse.

6) From Metis' questions, I really doubt that hardly anyone in Elumia smokes tobacco. Come on Legate! We all know that you are just trying to protect the children! Right? ;)

Leoshi;

1) Are there spells that would negate spells in an area with particular effects? Namely transparency and invisibility.

Yes.

2) How is the school lighted again? I cannot believe the bathroom is lighted with torches or lamps. Can you believe the number of Bloody Mary incidents?

It's generally lighted magically, although in some areas it's lit in a mundane fashion.

3) How strong are the school walls? Will they prevent someone from drilling and covering it up so that they can ... peep.

No, but...[redacted!]

4) Will the dwarves teach us how to hold fast against a siege? Did they help build the academy and really sturdy?

I believe those dwarves would certainly do it for enough gold. ;)

Well there goes all the naughty thoughts...

5) Will the teachers mind if I keep my hood up? I have a tattoo / am bald / am cold, even in the summer due to a witch's curse.

No, because there is a direct correlation between the rise of dark masters and hoods. ;)

6) From Metis' questions, I really doubt that hardly anyone in Elumia smokes tobacco. Come on Legate! We all know that you are just trying to protect the children! Right? ;)

No, as with our world, tobacco comes from a distant land, as yet undiscovered. Other things are smoked, though. ;)

Perhaps not the best place to ask, but somehow I feel this won't need it's own topic:

Say you have an adventure that requires you to convince a fellow student to volunteer for something during the next adventure stage. Is there a way to allow the PC to actually choose from the list of students, make a roll for trying to convince the chosen victim, and if that roll succeeds spend that turn doing the adventure stage with said NPC in tow? Or will the adventure just have to roll [Random High Relationship PC] and make the rest up?

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Metis

Yeah, figured. I do hope that Y2 allows for more complex stuff like that, even of the team doesn't end up using it. Not that [Random High Relationship PC] won't work, but it'd be nice if the PC could actually choose, especially for what I am totally not working on at all :ph34r:. You heard nothing.

Question, actually: How does [Random X Relationship PC] work? Does the game just make a list of students that have a high/low enough relationship to qualify and draw one at random, or would a relationship 9 clique member be more likely to be rolled than a relationship 7 not in your clique if the game calls for a high relationship student?

Well, given the choice between reloading and writing a separate stage for every student the answer is both clear and obvious. And that is fetching a pair of dice and warming up the Universe Save And Reload spell.

I don't think it'll be too bad, anyway. I doubt there's too many students that would count as having a High relationship at once, I mean High is what, relationship 7 or so?

• 2 weeks later...

1) Is the Monster Creation already introduced in the Year 2 Gate Study?

2) Will the Familiar Handling Class Morvidus only and is it in year 2?

3) Can People have more then one Familiar already in year 2 and if so is dependent on the Familiar Handling class?

Old unanswered Questions from me

4) When will we finally see the Advanced class requirements for year 2?

5) Can you share some common historical year 5 focus for each College?

6) What familiars can speak the human language and what familiars might be able to learn speaking it with enough teaching?