Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Legate!

Delay Year 2 for as long as you need! :P

Anyway, what class of magic is puppetry? Manipulating the limbs of a puppet to attack your opponents and such.

Also, gargloyes? Are there any around the school? Are they living?

And! Who is the most devious student on this forum?!

Psst Free:

"Delay Year 2 for as long as you need! :P"

Leoshi;

Anyway, what class of magic is puppetry? Manipulating the limbs of a puppet to attack your opponents and such.

If you wanted that to be autonomous, it would be Enchantment. If you just want to do it spur of the moment, you can use Incantation, as Free suggests. You can also do this via Revision, but with some unpredictable results.

Also, gargloyes? Are there any around the school? Are they living?

There are some, and they do not appear to be.

And! Who is the most devious student on this forum?!

You, because I saw what you did there.

Are there fire flowers? There ought to be!

Some type of flower that gives off heat, enough to melt snow, glows softly at night, and if you throw its petals, they might ignite.... ;)

Groovy now another couple questions:

1) as our characters get older, how will this feudal-esque (which I only gather is like that due to that map saying there are Duchies, but I assume its more like the Holy Roman Empire, an elective monarchy) society be affecting us? will students of different classes like that Vernin girl, who is of royal blood and whose name eludes me at the current moment, become more condescending towards more common students or is everyone inside the Academagia equal under the Legate's eyes?

2) will we get to know more about our peers beyond the paragraph of back story you get when you click their names? I mean, I completed Katjaa's adventure and I still don't know this character well aside from that she really likes the violin.

What are the duties of one in nobility? Is it like our aristocracy? Being that the men exist solely to manage the estate and lands while the women exist to do charity work and find a good husband? are arranged marriages a common thing? What kind of nobility is the kind for the player character for that background trait? Like the Crawley family in Downton Abbey, a minor noble family however very rich nonetheless.

pipebeard;

The function of the aristocracy is different depending on where you are in Elumia, but their nobility descends from title to land or office. Both men and women may exercise their rights equally, although it is more common for men to do so. Arranged marriages are commonplace.

The character trait Nobility indicates that your family has a title, but it does not specify wealth.

I would recommend watching "A Knight's Tale" for a good understanding of what that means.

In that movie, a young guy (played by Heath Ledger, no less) wants to participate in jousting and all those events, which of course was only open for nobility to participate. He then pretends to be a noble from some small country far away, which explains why nobody would have heard of him, and why he would be wearing more modest (almost peasant) clothing.

Some nobles might have no assets apart from their name, which conveniently allowed to marry into money. :)

Ah.

Well, in an effort to save face, I will point out that certain things in that movie have a much greater chance of happening in setting than in real life way back when. stomp-stomp-clapping, stadium waving, et al. :)