Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

@Raydestroyer: I associate Mastery with blue for three reasons:

1. There is a random event in which a woman with striking blue eyes is strongly implied to use mastery upon the PC.

2. The Silent Lady, who is associated with the mastery-using Falcon Costers, wears blue.

3. The mastery adventure "The Cave" features a mastery mage who has been trapped within a blue crystal.

And here you are:

"1.  Formally, no.  As far as the Academy is concerned, individual wizards - or their magical effects - may become associated with particular colors as one of the weird byproducts of extensive magical practice (some as an intentional signature, some as a kind of passive quirk).

Informally, sure.  A lot of folk traditions map some variation ROYGBIV (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) to the various Pillars, and some even hold that the idea of a spectrum - with some magic being considered "red-orange" rather than just "Incantation" is a more sensible means of sorting than the classical Pillars system.  But, that said, there's no consistent arrangement in wide use, and the school has historically discouraged it.

2.  Let's say that though Mastery may not inherently be associated with the color blue, it's remotely possible that there's a school or secret order out there that favors it.  Possibly.

1. At what age can a mercenary expect to be put to use in active combat (as opposed to doing stuff like hauling goods off of a transport ship and the like)?

2. So we know that Negation can compel people to tell the truth, but can it also compel people to answer the questions that the Negationist wants the person to answer? Like, can a guilty murderer say "I really don't care what you think of or do to me", assuming that's an honest answer, rather than "yes, I did it"?

Also, where has our Legate gone as of late? Is there some kind of event going on that I'm not aware of (as opposed to an event I am aware of, or as that's more commonly called, an oxymoron).

Edited by Metis

M;

1) It depends on the company- most only induct members who can fight to begin with, for economical reasons. Larger companies may take on a train, or bring on people whom they think have valuable contacts.

2) It's theoretically possible to constrain a subject so completely that an honest answer, answered in the way the asker desires, is given. But it would be very laborious, and likely still unsuccessful.

Edit: Here I am! :)

8 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

It's theoretically possible to constrain a subject so completely that an honest answer, answered in the way the asker desires, is given. But it would be very laborious, and likely still unsuccessful.

Would I be correct in thinking that this technique only became popular once mastery was banned? And would the use of such a spell count as torture?

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Are there any veterans of recent wars in Mineta? If so, how are they treated?

2. Is there any history of mercenary companies or religiously motivated zealot armies invading or raiding Oursouk or Saisyne with no official approval from a state within the Empire of Man?

3. Although the Oursoukis are said to worship dragons, am I correct in thinking that they are not said to have dragons living among them?

@Legate of Mineta: 1. do mercenaries from the Empire of Man ever serve in Oursouk? Would it be legal for them to do so?

2. Would I be correct in thinking that Oursouk has recently been at war with the Bassans, hence the Bassan refugees in Mineta?

3. You have mentioned that Eliana Carosi's lifestyle is reminiscent of that of certain devout followers of Iudocia, but do such followers live together as a formal monastic order, or are they more solitary?

Where, in Mineta, would one hire private security? Do you have to lease out people from the city guards, or however that's called, is there a private security business you can hire people from (I can't imagine there's too big a market for it, even in Mineta, but...), do you have to recruit mercenaries to do that job?