Black Chicken Studios Forums

Victory Belles Kickstarter is Live!

nautilus

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If VB is going to have holiday events the Team could put in an Academagia holiday as a sort of in-joke/stealth advertisement. 'Course that might end up breaking immersion, especially if it doesn't translate well, but the one relate-able event on the one day out of 360+ shouldn't be too unreasonable...

now Academagia it self sure would sound strange but if you split the 2 words into academy and magic it suddenly open lot of possibilities to use them. Also one could use "this isle looks like it is flying" because of mirage.

Scheherazade is more easy to let slip in as you i.e. have the year 1931 and even the name it self can be used.

For Holdfast you can i.e. use dwarf for something small.

But on the other side Victory Belles sound like a combat school for females or a mercenary group name that can be used in Academagia. In Holdfast Victory Belles could be the name of a Tavern.

Obviously an Academagia reference would need to be much more subtle. Maybe references to the magic used in setting, rather than to a specific place. Gates magic would be the logical choice......

Can agree with the subtlety. Maybe name a character after one of the Gates masters? I mean Aminþia Que’la or Ruynalta Obranabú would stand out like a sore thumb, but Dominiche (Schohanwicht) you could probably fit in somewhere.

That, or a sudden Dragon invasion in VB. It probably wouldn't fit the setting at all, even with the Morgana being aliens or whatever, but some kind of non-canon special event where you get to fight an entirely new enemy type...not necessarily a bad idea, right?

Outright denying that VB is a clone is the fastest way to convince people that it is a clone. Just sell that VB is what it is and make people draw their own conclusions. If general consensus is that it's a clone, the Team done goofed.

Archived