Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 17 Bugs

Schwarzbart

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When will the next Content patch be released?

Typos:

Theory of Enchantment SL V:

memories, fantastic memories, of her flooded my mind she wouldn't be able to escape my magic this time.

should be

memories, fantastic memories, of her flooded my mind - she wouldn't be able to escape my magic this time.

Tactics III:

one of them had to oblige to catch her..."Treburrus" said the first soldier..."warriors", sang..."now" she hissed

should be

one of them had to obligingly catch her..."Treburrus," said the first soldier..."warriors," sang..."now," she hissed

Random Event Tavern 3

out! .

should be

out!

Random Event Pursuit 5: Revision Success:

Aventyrare, applauds

should be

Aventyrare applauds

Bugs:

The Bel Alze Tower is the location required to research spying. Yet, the mod tools claim that it's not assigned to any Region, so unless that bug was fixed since then you can only find it through Historical Tendencies or a similar spell, and that's something like a flat 1:350+ chance to find that particular location. The same was true for Satyrius in pre-DLC 17, but that one was fixed.

Researching School Survival to 10 provides no record of any benefits in the Day's log of events, and I know not what the benefit is.

Researching Schoolyard Education to 10 provides no record of any benefits in the Day's log of events, and I know not what the benefit is.

Researching Anthropology to 10 provides no record of any benefits in the Day's log of events, and I know not what the benefit is.

Typos:

Virtues of a Leader, by Cho Herakon VII

Do not act rash, but swift.

should be

Do not act rashly, but be swift.

Random Event Crafting 6

Your class starts in three minutes, how are you going to get clean?

should be

Your class starts in three minutes, so how are you going to get clean?

Familiar Kinship II

alluded

should be

eluded

Familiar Kinship III

removed of their wands

should be

their wands are removed

Familiar Kinship VIII

you side

should be

your side

A Test of Resistence

rewarded to

should be

rewarded by

The Minds of Men III

dragon's Emperor

should be

dragons' Emperor

The Minds of Men IV

humanities nature

should be

humanity's nature

Spacing Errors:

Random Event Forge 13

spacing problem underneath the Observation option

Random Event Kitchen 4

Random Event Performance 19

Wand of Shadows description says that it lowers CoD by 2%, but when equipped: it doesn't.

This one is easy to verify. The Chance of Discovery listed on the Inventory screen doesn't change when the wand is equipped.

The Library Beasts:

Danger Sense exit:

Okay, there's no need to panic; the beat's target... => beast's

... Legend of Rohan the Werebeast, => Legend of Rohan the Werebeast slayer,

..."Every astrology student should, you get to watch the sky while warm in bed." => "Every astrology student should. You get to watch the sky while warm in bed."

Bookworm Club 15:

Diplomacy. Talk to the book and agree a peaceable solution. 

=> Diplomacy. Talk to the book(s) and [get it/them to] agree to a peaceable solution.

Also regarding the Harpsichord exit... you guys know that's a piano... and not a harp, right? The harp-like musical instrument is the lyre.

--------------------

Hmm.... about the Wand of Shadows, is it changing a hidden CoD value? Because I have plenty of items that show the CoD change immediately (the Doppleganger's Band for example), and it still doesn't show up after advancing the calendar or reloading with it equipped. I wonder if this is a similar problem to the CoD penalty for the Sky Pirate background not showing up?

@Metis, could there be an unnecessary whitespace character (newline, tab, space, etc) in there somewhere -- maybe at the end of the line?

----------------------

Bookworms Club 18

...from overhea[r]d conversations between the servents,...

No, when choosing functions you basically just pick from a list. I've found out why the Wand of Shadows doesn't work, though - it has a prerequisite of Spy > 5. At no point is this mentioned anywhere, but that's what it is. The wand only works when you have Spy 6 or higher.

Ah thanks Metis! Wow, I wonder if other items have prerequisite's for effects... 

----------------------------

Bookworms Club 19:

The exits look like this:

Order the mannequin to go to sleep.
[blank - investigation type, choosing it gives no text (but removes the option)]
Exit 1 - Running.
Exit 4 - Incantation Methods.
Duel Conduct. It looks like a duelist, so duel it.

Looks a bit unfinished. :blink:

Bookworms Club 20:

Harper => Harpist

Ugh... I'd be nice if there was some hint in added in the description -- even if it doesn't say what it is outright. For example: "But certain skills may be needed to draw out the full power of this item."

Metis, you might want to put a note about item prerequisites in your Quick Overview of Basic Mechanics thread.

---------------------------

Many Happy Returns

Move Silently exit (failure)

...but with the amount of black and red binding on the books in his cart and [with] him already past the bestiary section[,]...

might want to re-write it a bit to:

...but with the amount of black and red binding on the books in his cart and considering that he's already past the bestiary section[,]...

Probably so, considering the number of skills, but would have the upside of the item not seeming to be bugged...but yeah, "A significant amount of skill in the art of spying is required to properly use this item" would at least tell you what skill you need to train up.

Three bugs that I have discovered:

Researching Manner of a Champion to 10 provides no record of any benefits in the Day's log of events, and I know not what the benefit is.

Researching Dispassion to 10 provides no record of any benefits in the Day's log of events, and I know not what the benefit is.

Researching Worldliness to 10 provides no record of any benefits in the Day's log of events, and I know not what the benefit is.

The Tower and its Key

Observation->Perception exit

The last line:

... done very good. => well. (Most native speakers get this wrong, but "good" is an adjective and "done" is not a linking verb, so the adverb "well" must be used here unless the author is purposefully being un-grammatical for flavor.)

Archived