Black Chicken Studios Forums

She's beautiful, and quite the hunter.  I think I would find it very difficult to escape if I became her prey.  She's definitely a brit that has earned a place in my fleets.

I must also admit I am quite jealous of the guest list at that gala.  I wish Clark Gable would wink at me...  Speaking of winking, did anyone else notice the literal stars in her eyes?

Oh my gosh your right Ninjapacman! I didn't notice that at first. Thanks for pointing them out.A perfect nod to her namesake being a famous constellation.

But yea, the design is right on point. Definitely has that classic ancient Greek warrior look down, as well as the shield. The guns being attached to the shield looks nice as well.

Just curious, what's the book tied to her waist a reference to? The many tales of Orion and other Greek mythological tales?

Edit: Was looking at the constellation again and noticed that it's a bow in the constellation, but here she's wielding a sword and shield. Why the change? Worried she'd too closely resemble an Artemis type look? Or are ranged, non rig weapons, reserved for the Carriers only?

I would like to kindly point out to Zidaryn that that is not a book on her waist, but in fact a collection of postage.  I would also like to note the stars on her footwear.  She really loves stars doesn't she?

Yes, the pun was intended

57 minutes ago, Zidaryn said:

Edit: Was looking at the constellation again and noticed that it's a bow in the constellation, but here she's wielding a sword and shield. Why the change? Worried she'd too closely resemble an Artemis type look? Or are ranged, non rig weapons, reserved for the Carriers only?

It's a bow in whatever media you were looking the constellation up in.  In the strictest sense, constellations are stick-figures most of the time, so it's up to the artist that adds the details on what those might be.  I've seen plenty of interpretations where Orion is wielding a club, so a sword is fine too, to me.

I did find the almost non-existent belt she has to be odd though...

I don't say much about interviews because I usually have nothing new to say. I like her, but I'm not really a big fan of turrets being on her knees. How the hel/ does it work? Unless they have to be at max elevation (relative to how they are normally oriented) all the time to shoot. Her AA-gun is pretty cool though.

I like her character and wouldn't mind to be hunted by her. ;) I really like how the stars are in her eyes and her footwear. And I wanna know what's the deal with the mail on her waist..... I also speculate the whole time if it's Procyon on her shield. ;) Let's see what @Procyon has to say about it. :lol:

But the appearance misses slightly the namesake imho, being more hoplite (heavy ancient greek infantry) instead of hunter. :huh: 
She probably has the sword more from her british side, than her greek namesake.

I wonder if she has a "stop touching MY captain you filthy morganas" attitude ingame. I'd enjoy it. B)

The guns attached to the side of the shield look really impractical...

First, they make it unbalanced and unwieldy. Second, you can't shoot while using it to defend. And also... if you actually want them to be able to point at the enemy... Well...

Unless they are AA guns, which seems likely. That would somewhat negate the second and third point.

While, aside from that, I really like her design, I'm not sure I'd want her in my fleet...

I suppose one could say I...

like...er...more quiet pursuits

You guys, the rigs are just extension of their personality. They don't really use those things since they have the actual ship that does all the fighting.

Hi ho!

When i first saw her, i couldn't believe in a person with a white pupil and purple iris in her eyes could exist. But as others pointed out, it's really a star pattern, an awe-inspiring feature that i also saw in manga/anime before. If VB does earn an anime season, i bet Orion will indeed show up on the brittish side.

And yes, i also agree that all the star refences in her are due to the constelation of the same name, originated from greek mythology.

And yes, i also want her in my fleet, mostly for the full package being an interesting and appealing whole.

The Belles are not the ships they are the personification of the ships more in line with the mental models of Arpeggio of Blue Steel then the kanmusu of Kantai Collection. Orion is a fun interview wonder how she and New Orleans would interact. 

On 6/30/2017 at 4:30 AM, Käpt'n Korky said:

I like her character and wouldn't mind to be hunted by her. ;) I really like how the stars are in her eyes and her footwear. And I wanna know what's the deal with the mail on her waist..... I also speculate the whole time if it's Procyon on her shield. ;) Let's see what @Procyon has to say about it. :lol:

But the appearance misses slightly the namesake imho, being more hoplite (heavy ancient greek infantry) instead of hunter. :huh: 
She probably has the sword more from her british side, than her greek namesake.

I wonder if she has a "stop touching MY captain you filthy morganas" attitude ingame. I'd enjoy it. B)

That is definitely an interesting motif.  Also, I do like the short hair on my Belles :D.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this before but the artist does some very beautiful eyes. 

Odd from me I know. 

That said I'm one of the guys that have been voting for her for a while now and I'm not disappointed. 

Although between her, orleans and kirov I may have to have an emergency code for 'help a belle is trying to have her way with me. '

Well it's obvious to me who is my Amazonian choice. Very much earned a spot in my fleet on record alone but her interview takes the cake. All I can think of now however is her and Nubian having hunting contests (we call my cats "huntresses" cause they bring us miles and chipmunks and birds, I figure the same applies)

Archived