52 replies to this topic

#1 Schwarzbart

Schwarzbart

Academagia 1st Year

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,709 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:56 AM

Looks like the last minute change of the empty Player Clique at game start brocken the clique.
I managed to add Neta to my clique but I'm not informed about her and also didn't get her clique ability!
:blink: First 1657 then 1931 and 4E 37. Next are 1658 or 1939.

#2 EPAstor

EPAstor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:03 AM

Looks like the last minute change of the empty Player Clique at game start brocken the clique.
I managed to add Neta to my clique but I'm not informed about her and also didn't get her clique ability!

Seconded - I have clique problems as well. I was "half-informed" about Neta and Leopold (daily schedules start showing appropriately), but I don't have information on their Attributes, Skills, and Abilities, and their Clique abilities aren't having any effect either.

I can confirm that this problem does NOT go away after a Steam re-verification of my local install, also.

Schwarzbart - no chance you're playing Hedi also? (I've only checked Hedi playthroughs so far.)

EDIT: Nevermind - checked another house, and same problems occur regardless... at least, with every possible clique member I've tried so far.

#3 Legate of Mineta

Legate of Mineta

[Redacted]

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,336 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

Hmmm, thanks! I think we've confirmed.

Black Chicken Studios
E-mail Support

Enter the Gamer's Gate

Follow @BCSGames

#4 Metis

Metis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:42 AM

I feel like I should mention: The final beta version we got started us with a half-dozen or so kids already in our Clique for beta-testing purposes, who's abilities just kind of vanished whenever they wanted to for no discernible reason(s). Hence, not a bug that we really could have noticed. Older beta versions didn't do the "start the PC in an empty Clique" thing, either.

Not quite sure why that last minute change was made, to be perfectly honest, even if it didn't break things horribly. Legate, care to enlighten us?

Spoiler

#5 Lilette

Lilette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Gates, Music, Astrology

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

I have access to Aaran's clique ability Luck for Health, and what he does during the day but nothing else. I don't know if I have Ana's ability or not.

I also had the Familiar name bug, where it asks me to name Pamela, my actual familiar, and then my clique. 

In the first step of Time to be Counted it says (?) rather than a student's name. Its one of the boys, but I'm not sure who its suppose to be. It happens when you fail the Cryptology option.

#6 Metis

Metis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:56 PM

Hmm...that'd be Rui, Reitz or Herbert. You can try to cross-reference the ingame failure text with the one I posted in the Writer's Corner.

Spoiler

#7 freespace2dotcom

freespace2dotcom

Omni Disciplinarian Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts
  • Interests:Negation, Incantation, Gates, Revision, Glamour, Astrology, Enchant, and Mastery, in that order!

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:05 PM

I've got this most peculiar issue where when typing in my character's last name, the game freezes up for about half a minute and then I get this. Tell me there's a way to make steam less obtrusive!

snoxnl.png

#8 Metis

Metis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:07 PM

Dreadful. F12, the incredibly useful modtools name function, sharing a key with a build-in screenshot taker? Clearly this problem must be addressed.

The crazy Steam name freeze is an issue as well, I suppose :rolleyes:.

Spoiler

#9 Academagia Fan

Academagia Fan

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

Believe you can disable the steam overlay and that *should* help with the entering name thing...

Attached Files

Black Chicken Studios
info@blackchickengames.com

#10 freespace2dotcom

freespace2dotcom

Omni Disciplinarian Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts
  • Interests:Negation, Incantation, Gates, Revision, Glamour, Astrology, Enchant, and Mastery, in that order!

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

That did it. Perhaps you can find a way to have Steam install the game with that setting disabled? That's going to be a pain to deal with otherwise.

#11 Academagia Fan

Academagia Fan

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:01 PM

Yeah =(. Doesn't appear to be an option to do so as a default for all users.....

@Metis - you can change the screenshot shortcut in Steam settings to use something other than F12 as a temp solution. Longer term though solution - any suggestions for what we should change it to?

Black Chicken Studios
info@blackchickengames.com

#12 Metis

Metis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:03 PM

Eh...some other function key that isn't used by the game? I know F11 is, I know F12 is, but that's about it.

Spoiler

#13 Ascartand

Ascartand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Mastery and Gates. Star Wars. Writing. Aesthetics

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:34 PM

I found within "The Ring" adventure, that Luciana does not say your name but &Player Name& instead. A light error but still one.

It takes a strong man to deny what is in front of him and if the truth is undeniable. Then you make your own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~My RP~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vernaris- Future Dark Lord or Misunderstood Loner?
Feel free to send a pm or leave a comment, always happen to respond to anything about the story.

#14 Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:15 AM

When I am looking at the dayreport, there is a way to turn off notifications about rumors (the thought-bubble thing), I then hit it and read how my day went - when I then close the report, and then open it (or another) report again, the thought-bubble stays grayed out, but the rumors are still showing.

---

I also had the familiar naming Pamela and then naming my actual familiar thing.

And yep, if you are supposed to be informed about the goings-on with your friends (actually informing you about the stats and such) then that isn't happening currently when you befriend people.

Edit: Actually I think I found out what the issue is with cliques. The problem is (at least in my game) is that I am not actually part of the clique that I have recruited my friends into. I noticed it when I trained my company - and didn't get any skill increases. So I took at peek at the members of the clique, and apparently I'm not there. Sniff.

"All by myself, don't wanna be... all by myself,... anymore"

People who didn't need people needed people around to know that they were the kind of people who didn't need people.

- Terry Pratchett, Maskerade (1995)

#15 Schwarzbart

Schwarzbart

Academagia 1st Year

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,709 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:04 AM

Have the team seen this reports over at Steam?
http://steamcommunit...61618831144982/
:blink: First 1657 then 1931 and 4E 37. Next are 1658 or 1939.

#16 Legate of Mineta

Legate of Mineta

[Redacted]

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,336 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:09 AM

I'm not sure, but wasn't issue covered over here?

Hmmm- seems as though others have had a similar question- I'll flag it to the Team!

Black Chicken Studios
E-mail Support

Enter the Gamer's Gate

Follow @BCSGames

#17 Metis

Metis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:25 PM

So about this background image from the official Academagia site:

body_bottom_bg.jpg

What is up with Carmine's hair? His portrait looks nothing like that.

Spoiler

#18 Lilette

Lilette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Gates, Music, Astrology

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:46 PM

May not be a new bug, but I've never seen the event before.

In a random event involving a older? student named Gasparo Vasari and vandalism. When he first speaks to the player it says &Player Name& and doesn't link like its suppose to. It happens twice more when talking to his teacher.

Also, Metis: That's how Carmine's hair looks in my game? 

#19 Legate of Mineta

Legate of Mineta

[Redacted]

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,336 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:54 PM

Lilette;

Thanks! I will pass that along to the Team!

Metis;

I may be wrong, but isn't that his hair? Maybe it's colored a bit differently.

Black Chicken Studios
E-mail Support

Enter the Gamer's Gate

Follow @BCSGames

#20 Metis

Metis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:06 PM

Color is different, yes. Here's his portrait for reference: