Black Chicken Studios Forums

A fan artist appears

RockyArby

34 minutes ago, Metis said:

"I think that Mahan is very beautiful. The color is bright and cute."

Don't ask me how my unmatched linguistic abilities Google Translate managed to translate Mahan's name, though.

Luckily "Ma-ha-n" is possible in japanese and since it's in katakana natürlich, google translate simply transcripted it and was on the spot. That's my guess.

jojo's colored art is very, very nice. But there's something that's troubling me: did Mahan's eyes eat the hair tips? O.o

(My suggestion would be to "trim" her frontal hair just a bit to avoid this)

On 1/2/2018 at 10:09 AM, Gerrion said:

jojo's colored art is very, very nice. But there's something that's troubling me: did Mahan's eyes eat the hair tips? O.o

(My suggestion would be to "trim" her frontal hair just a bit to avoid this)

It's just some anime stylization, similar to how sometimes artists draw the eyebrows as "floating" over the bangs.

Is Jojo even accepting of art critiques? (He'll probably ignores it like he does for most things :P )

On 1/1/2018 at 4:15 PM, David J said:

Here is a commission done by nashirasauce for Admiral Teofilo Hurtado to celebrate the new year

DSY4gPuXkAEsTGF.jpg

Hello? 911? Yes, my heart just stopped. Hm? Oh, I just saw this adorable chibi of Velasco from VB. Yep. Straight diabeetus. How long? Ok, I'll start writing my will. What's the official name for it? Death by Cuteness, gotcha. Yep, swing by in an hour, I should be properly dead by then. Mmhmm. Thanks

On 04/01/2018 at 0:21 AM, Mignonette said:

It's just some anime stylization, similar to how sometimes artists draw the eyebrows as "floating" over the bangs.

Is Jojo even accepting of art critiques? (He'll probably ignores it like he does for most things :P )

I believe he would hear constructive criticism - If a person has a valid reasoning, the artist could either explain why he ignored said reasoning, explain the purpose behind its denial, or even learn about it and use said interaction to improve, even if slightly, his trade. I also remind that experienced art critics sometimes accept the lack of art teachings if the said artist goes against it in a specific manner, be it to express something or to communicate some notion of value. Since the hair-eating eyes, born from poor experience in layer drawing, is a part of an anime stylization that ended up having a specific charm within the community, its correction didn't evolve and has been allowed to strive as it is. 

(Off-topic, I wonder if Salmon agrees with this perspective and could share some experiences with us)

He'll probably ignore the harsh/bland ones. Since our community is an adult, moderated one (at least that's what I've seen so far) that accepts open dialogue, he'll be hearing us at least.

4 hours ago, Gerrion said:

I believe he would hear constructive criticism - If a person has a valid reasoning, the artist could either explain why he ignored said reasoning, explain the purpose behind its denial, or even learn about it and use said interaction to improve, even if slightly, his trade. I also remind that experienced art critics sometimes accept the lack of art teachings if the said artist goes against it in a specific manner, be it to express something or to communicate some notion of value. Since the hair-eating eyes, born from poor experience in layer drawing, is a part of an anime stylization that ended up having a specific charm within the community, its correction didn't evolve and has been allowed to strive as it is. 

(Off-topic, I wonder if Salmon agrees with this perspective and could share some experiences with us)

He'll probably ignore the harsh/bland ones. Since our community is an adult, moderated one (at least that's what I've seen so far) that accepts open dialogue, he'll be hearing us at least.

He might take it to heart or he might not, it's up to him himself.

Jojo just a very taciturn guy even if you try to talk with him in Japanese. You only see him talk at length about stuff on Twitter (he goes on for several tweets about VB updates, for example), but never to anyone else. (He seems like an interesting person and I just want to be friends with him ;w;   but I can't help it(or try to) if I'm so boring to him, so such a feeling that ends up being non-mutual and it makes me depressed).

Back on topic, I learned that concrit is needed if you ever want to get better at your craft, along with self-studying etc.. I sometimes ask the Discord for feedback on a WIP sketch, sometimes I don't. It really depends on my feeling on the pic itself.