Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Could you please teach the NPCs that they have to study/learn a bit more the skills thy will tested in? In my curent patch 3/3a CP 1 game in the end exam there are a loot of Students that only have a score betwean 50 and 80.

A other thing that would be a interesting feature if you dont manage the required scores you have to retake the year. (Because in year 1 the Examen Scores dont mater this sugestion is for year 2 and later)

Today somehow I managed the sewing choice of the "Dance of Fools" Holiday witout even have this skill.

I only managed it because I first did the planing choice and then haved big RL Luck.

I think it would be a good idea to give at last access to the skill if one take this option and either manage it or not.

(Patch 4 SP1)

Edit:

I think it would be nice if there would be at last 2 differnt events per Holyday and its be chosen per random witch of the events come up or none at all. At last I think this will increase the replayability.

The Day Results Report could use some tweak.

If you get caught, either trespassing or skipping, what you gained will not be presented even if the data has been enter the system: SS gained, new location opened, spells learnt...

So I'd like to propose:

Some big bold red letter indicate that you've been caught by whom and where, when. Then all the normal results continue to be displayed.

Schwarzbart;

Originally, the Holiday Events were Player initiated- but they kept being missed because most Players do not check what Adventures are available to them daily. It's a good point, though, about having more options. We'll look at that Sewing Exit. ;)

Laclongguan;

As we improve Reporting, I'd like to see more of this 'alert' style of reporting, too. We'll definitely do it for Detention and Reprimands.

Thanks!

My ideas

1) Expanding the usefulness of your clique: For certain random events (like non class room related one or events where you would have friends around) and adventures you can substitute a clique member's ability score and skill level instead of your own, but if there is any skill gained the clique member gets it and not the player. Stress will be shared (it's stressful being the leader) but do not share any vitality loss.

1a) A way to directly (like familiars currently) or indirectly (clique member gains a random skill step in a selected skill) like a study group or clique activity (Play music together, share class notes, help with homework, or work on a crafting project together.) The idea is to be able to send your clique member to learn a skill or sub skill with little or no interaction from the player and over time they develop it to a high level but slower then what the player would be able to do if they were training themselves. Maybe an ability where your chosen clique member gain seven skill steps in chosen skill or random sub skill over a week and have it on a seven day cool down. Allow the use of this ability on each clique member. Or do a group activity where each member and yourself gains a different but chosen skill step but have a 3 day cool down. And ultimately be able to do both.

1b) A member cap on your clique (to limit abuse of other using clique members skills.) The cap can be expanded by increasing a skill (like leadership and/or command.) For example clique size formula is 1 + (charm \2) + (leadership, + command, + Diplomacy + Social Skill \ by 5) The idea is to not have a large group of useless friends but a small group of useful friends you help develop over the years.

2) Forming Rimbal teams. This could be like a sub clique. From in a similar way (maybe using rimbal skill instead of befriend) You put together a team (members don't have to be in your clique) and play other teams in pick up games ( and maybe your own school year student leagues. It doesn't have to be the school's official league. (like hometown basketball tournaments where a group of teams play a one day or one weekend tournament.) Winning will get you glory and random relationship boots. (perhaps increased fitness ability) Unfortunately I don't know the size of a rimbal team nor the rules on how to play the game to know if this is even possible. There is no point if everyone in your school year has to be on a rimbal team to make three playable teams.

3) Add a forth daily selection time period. Call it night time. If you choose not to sleep and do other things (like study, cast spells, or train,) you get sleep stress. Sleep stress with lower your stress maximum by one point and the only way to recover is to sleep at night. Resting will not do it. The amount of sleep stress you gain increases with the amount of time you skip sleeping in a row. Like 1 sleep stress for the first night, 2 for the second, 3 for the third. While sleeping a full nights sleep will lower your sleep stress by 2. (or maybe using a item, visiting a place or taking a potion)

3a) Only allow certain actions to be preformed at night (Like studying, training, and spell casting.) Allow some new activities that can only be done at night (like stealing from the teachers classrooms, contacting forbidden entities like ghost, spirits[ like the spirit of death, the spirit of shadow or the spirit of the stars/cosmos], demons, demi-deities, or intelligent Elementals [for knowledge, skills or secrets {secrets that open up new adventures, items, or recipes.}]) Do allow obviously impossible actions like no shopping, working, or adventuring. Places are closed.

Final thoughts: Does anyone else find it odd to have classroom centric random events happen on the weekends. Why am I in potions class on Saturday?

Cephis;

Thanks!

For 1: I think you will enjoy what you find in Year 2, although these ideas will probably not filter into Year 1.

2) Rimbal is definitely coming in Year 2, and quite possibly Year 1.

3) In Year 2 you will, on occasion, have an additional Action available to you during this phase. But curfew being what it is...:)

It is very odd that Classroom events happen on weekends and holidays. We'll suppress this in Year 2, but we're not sure if we can do it in Year 1.

Thanks again!

Would it be possible to break up the familiar exotic feature in to three smaller random familiar selections? Like Familiar exotic animals (for the mammals) Familiar exotic creatures (for the birds, reptiles, and fish.) And familiar exotic magical entities (for everything else.) I often find my self creating five games in a row or more to find a familiar I like. Plus having to recreate the world every other patch or so makes it exhausting to get some of the familiars that fit the characters I create. Having a smaller random pool would help out.

I would like to ask for an option to turn random events off temporarily.

The thing is, sometimes I play a day to test something. To see new abilities, to check if I have a chance of success at an adventure, or if a spell will work. To learn what I will get from this or that or what will happen if I use compete straight for several days. The bottom line is, I know that I will reload after an action whatever the result will be. All I want is to get to the end of day results as fast as possible. I think many people play like that, especially those filling the wiki. And then we get an event. You have two options in such a case: to click through it, which takes several seconds and really is a disservice to the writers or to read it, knowing that whatever you read won't actually happen to your character next time you play this day for real.

Neither is pleasant, hence my request.

About setting Emotion section up:

There's a few effect come from equiping items/foods/eating/... Generally temporary effects, which fit emotions section's quality which is temp. So, why dont you group them together with emotions to put them up at the head. They are not very many so the section wont be lengthened noticably.

Im not sure if its a bug or if my character spent a former life sitting under a fruit tree to gain inner peace, but I actually had a stress level of 19 without any bitter side effects. The only emotion I felt was alertness. LOL. Pretty much what happened, was a bully singled me out and bullied me every day for awhile. Plus one or two failed events. To be fair, she was messing with a master of mastery so I made life "interesting" for her as well :) . Anyway back on subject, Ive noticed a couple times near the end of the year where characters have developed nerves of steel. The character I mentioned initially would feel bitterness at a stress of about 4 at the beginning of the year. And while I know that i've gained several abilities that improve my stress maximum I wasnt sure if it was 15 points worth of expansion, not that I'm complaining if it is possible. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. And by the way, Congrats on making such an awesome game. The patches and new content have improved the enjoyability of an already addictive game.

Im not sure if its a bug or if my character spent a former life sitting under a fruit tree to gain inner peace, but I actually had a stress level of 19 without any bitter side effects. The only emotion I felt was alertness. LOL. Pretty much what happened, was a bully singled me out and bullied me every day for awhile. Plus one or two failed events. To be fair, she was messing with a master of mastery so I made life "interesting" for her as well :) . Anyway back on subject, Ive noticed a couple times near the end of the year where characters have developed nerves of steel. The character I mentioned initially would feel bitterness at a stress of about 4 at the beginning of the year. And while I know that i've gained several abilities that improve my stress maximum I wasnt sure if it was 15 points worth of expansion, not that I'm complaining if it is possible. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. And by the way, Congrats on making such an awesome game. The patches and new content have improved the enjoyability of an already addictive game.

By the end of the year I had somewhere around 30 vitality maximum unbuffed =P

I don't know if it's mentioned before (other than by myself; and I had a number of comments at the time), but it would be nice--if possible--to receive some sort of incentive reward if you scored highest in any skill in your class at midterms. Nothing major, just a minor perk, with perhaps limited uses, but always a nice little trophy-like object you can keep in your closet. Otherwise, midterms lack any outcome other than realism. I've got nothing against realism, but in a game, it should probably serve some other purpose, as well.

The vast amount of clicking in this game makes it a little prohibitive to play, as compared to other games in my library. Keyboard shortcuts for the more monotonous clicking chores would be fantastic. Instead of having to use the scroll wheel or click "page down" to review what happened during the day, why not just the down arrow button? Instead of having to click to "lock in" the turn, why not just allow "enter" or something?

I would very much appreciate a game which didn't automatically result in users developing carpal tunnel syndrome through usage.

It is easier on a person to tap enter or the arrow keys instead of clicking a mouse. Most text-based (i.e. older style) games had keyboard shortcuts, for what it's worth...

Timoteo;

Another Academagian has requested keyboard shortcuts, and we plan to implement them as well- not just arrow keys, but also specific keys to take you to individual screens.

It's a good suggestion, and thanks!

Monteverdi;

I don't know if we will be able to implement a reward for high scoring in Year 1, although it's been requested and will be looked at. Still, thanks for the suggestion!