Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vegejor

Idea Pool

46 posts in this topic

I had a few ideas for some backgrounds with actions to speed things up a bit but it will take me too long to publish the mod....maybe someone will be willing to do instead.

One was a Social Butterfly with two actions

- one action allows you to raise your relationship with 2 ~ 3 character at a time

- the second action allows you to raise the relationship between 2 ~ 3 sets of characters (similar to gossip)

Another background was an Academic genius

- one action allows you to train 2 ~ 3 skills at a time

- second action combines research with raising a random subskill of research

- I was also thinking of adding an action that allows you to train your familiar and yourself at the same time

I had a few other ideas of things to add to the backgrounds but I didn't want to go too overboard with it.

On the subject of character portraits:

This probably isn't practical, but I'd be delighted if someone could take all the existing PC faces and dress them up in the other schools' robes and backgrounds. Giving us more options while preserving the art style.

Name: Ninja-cademy

Content:

An all-new adventure in which the main character is drawn into an effort to establish a school for ninjas and (accidentally) becomes crucial to the success of the venture. The intentions of the would-be ninjas are to drive out the pirate infestation. The reward for completing the adventure path is a complete outfit of Very Inconspicuous Clothing and access to an exclusive new location. (I just woke up from a dream in which I was playing Academagia with this mod installed.)

This game engine basically can make any type of text based raising sim. Apocalyptic survival, ninja academy, pirate adventure, farming, animal ranching, shop sim, anything~

I especially love these choices!

Fast Metabolism

Cost: Free to take

"Your metabolic rate is twice normal. This means that you are much easier to be stressed and hurt, but your body heals faster. "

+1 stress and -1 vitality to all effect that cause stress or vitality to you, but you can recover 2 stress and 2 vitality every week.

Fast Shot

Cost: 1 Point

"You don't have time to aim for a targeted attack, because you attack faster than normal people."

Target choice in duel become "Random", but you always attack first.

Gifted

"You have more innate abilities than most, so you have not spent as much time honing your skills. Your statistics are better than the average person, but your skills are lacking."

+1 to all attribute, but all train modifier +1.5

Good Natured

"You studied less-combative skills as you were growing up. Your combat skills start at a lower level, but other skills are substantially improved. "

Train modifier +0.5 for fitness related skill, but -0.5 for charm related skill.

Heavy Handed

Cost: 2 Point

"You swing harder, not better. Your spellcasting are very brutal, but lack finesse. You rarely cause a good blast, but you always do more damage. "

Spell failure increased by 30%, but you gain +4 points/percents to each result of the spell.

Kamikaze

"By not paying attention to any threats, you can act a lot faster in a turn. This make you very vulnerable, but you sequence much faster in a combat turn."

You suffer twice the stress and vitality damages, but you always go first and can perform two actions per turn.

Note: Balance by the fact that you can't fight something strong for a long long time.

One Hander

"One of your hands is very dominant. You excel with single-handed casting, but two-handed casting causes a problem."

Remove left hand equipment slot, double effect for right hand equipment slot.

Skilled

Cost: Gain 1 Point

"Since you spent more time improving your skills than a normal person, you gain one more point. The tradeoff is that you did not do much in you childhood."

Lock "What sort of things did you do?" page, and must spend 2 points in "What kind of education did you have?" page.

You get a +5 or 10% bonus to your finesse based action, but your maximum encumbrance is reduce by 2.

I would love to learn modding, but I don't have the time. Actually, I never really knew what mods were until I stumbled into this forum. Go figure. :unsure:

I love the idea of planar adventures. It would make more sense for them to take place after the 1st year, however. Maybe something to do with those mysterious Gates teleport users.

Anyway, I had an idea about a summer interlude "game" that might breech the long wait for Year II. Study Abroad Programs. There could be a selection of 5 for each of the legal magical schools, or perhaps 1 per College instead, that a student could attend with the sponsorship of the school. They would be required to fork over a hefty sum of cash, as well as have a nomination from a close faculty member (relationship >= 7). This would add an incentive to "treasure hunt" in the game and build relationships with professors, rather than just skill build. Test scores might also factor into it, somehow. At any rate, the decision to go on one could be made either at the end or by a special adventure, at a cost of around 5000 Pims. It would probably be better for this 2 month affair to have only 1 Attend Class requirement each day, except weekends (or, alternatively, 1 class adventure, such as a field study), leaving the remainder for adventuring in new settings.

Here are 3 relevant issues that come to mind. First, how will the new locations be incorporated into Year 2? It would seem reasonable that these locations could not be revisited once you return, so the last day of classes would include the farewell event, just as the normal setting does. But regardless of the last scene, you will get a memory that removes your knowledge of the locations, as will any location-specific actions/abilities. I assume that the way that would work is under the prerequisites tab you could have the memory set to undermine all of these, meaning that they are only present when that memory isn't. However, any loot, lore, or skills you pick up would stay.

Second, would other magic schools be involved? I don't see the need to include them just yet. That will be for the future years. Though there might be some "odd tourist" and "foreign mage" adventures included.

Third, and probably the most difficult to overcome. What about the normal game's locations and abilities relevant only to it. This is the elephant in the room. It might require the same kind of memory discussed before, but that might be too massive a project to undertake.

What do you guys think?

Name :Polyhistor Academy mod or murder Hogwarts.

Content: I found this game because I am following a quest called Polyhistor Academy (Year 1) (Year 2) - In Progress (NSFW) and wanted to find a game like it.  It would be really cool to have a mod for this game where only the top 10% graduate with the rest get a face worse then death.  In this mod all classes would be optional and there would be no detentions.  Also it would be possible for students to permanently kill each other.  The midterms would happen more often, but they would be optional attendance and not effect your final score.  The midterms would just be a way to figure out where you stand in the rankings.

Edit: The quest says it's NSFW and is on a NSFW site.  But the quest itself is lacking an any sort of lewds.

No that is also not possible because during the early Beta before Academagia got released they had over 50% drop outs during the year what would be bad for a game that is planed to go over 5 years.

Oddly enough in Polyhistor Academy freshman year tends to have a 50% casualties rate as well.  Of course they are only a 4 year school.  But they hardcoded it so even mods can't do it?

In a way that mods can't change it, at least. Not that it really matters, since going over all the game's material and changing what needs to be changed so it fits the tone of that, frankly, ridiculous idea of a "school" would be far too much effort anyway.

Murder Hogwarts are not that uncommon a theme.  I have found about 5 stories featuring them.  Usually they use the justification that magic requires genuine danger and stress to learn and get go at.  It is like if you imagine that the XP leveling system from killing things in many video games was taken to it's logical conclusion.

I don't think Hogwarts anything being a common theme would surprise me. And I'll admit, as much as I can't imagine a school staying in business when it has a literal ~90% casualties rate as a matter of course, that's is a better explanation than I've gotten for some of the other inexplicable(/inexcusable) nonsense I've encountered in other locations. Perhaps it'd be different if I read more fanfiction and played less games, but...I doubt it.

It has to do with the fact that people are willing to go to extreme lengths to get magic.  All of the murder Hogwarts were set in a mostly modern world where magic is rare.  Also the power gained from being a powerful mage makes money sort of trivial.  Just about any graduate can turn straw into gold and plenty of other get rich tricks.  However it is more that being a mage can get you all sorts of things that money can't buy.  Also the mages that don't make the cut are a valuable resource.

The Academagia setting go the way that beside very few extrem talented only the very rich or noble can join the school. If the child of a noble or even the royal family (who is considered to have the blood of a god) get killed what do you think would happen to a school that in many cases not have the strongest mages current alive? At very last they would have to answer how and why this could happen.

I don't really get why you would want to make a bad copy of a game you like in the engine of an almost completely unrelated game anyway. You already have the game you like.

1 person likes this