Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Legaaaattteee....

You said pets can cast spells? Please imagine this scenario.

Imagine a penguin. An innocent penguin who one day stubbles upon a tome of Ultimate Mastery. Now imagine that penguin gaining knowledge. Not just forbidden knowledge but how to think like a human! Imagine a supremely intelligent penguin!

Now imagine this penguin not liking the way these hairless primates treating him. How they throw their garbage around and disturb this penguin's rest!

Then one day the penguin decides : "Why not just build an army and conquer these humans?"

So the penguin does just that.

He starts with a colony of ants. Not easy but then he finds Mastering the queen allows him to command all the ants. And from those ants he teaches them basic spells to begin with and uses them to subvert other colonies and amass an army of ants.

Using the ants, the penguin then masters other insects (and spiders, scorpions, millipedes and centipedes.)

Then the penguin starts mastering larger animals. From the tiny hamsters to the bigger wolves.

By now the penguin shouldn't be able to control all the animals so he starts spying on hidden records in the Academagia library using his minions allies. Then these animals would be sacrificed (for the greater evil good) so that the penguin may gain more power!

By now powerful mages should be detecting his evil presences so the penguin starts training loyal lieutenants in the way of the Dark Side Mastery and instructs them to spread the aura far and wide.

After months or years of preparation, the penguin attacks!

Starting with the general populace. Slaves are captured, buildings turned into dens and humans forced to go down to the place known as the sea to capture all sorts of delicious fish!

The mages would be gathered to mount the offensive but when your opponents are animals and insects that come in the billions do you think they would stand a chance?

No.

And in the end, all it took was

One penguin to rule them all, One penguin to find them,

One penguin to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

So ask yourself, do you feel safe?

Well do you? Legate?

^_^ By the way, notice my avatar! From yours truly, the Black and White Mage Leo and Shi.

*Holds up photos of Legate (Orsi or of Mineta) and Regent Briardi!*

Hah! Watch yourself puny mageling or I shall send the super-moths to attack your clothes where ever you are!

And to get this topic back on track.

1) Are mechanical servants available for purchase? How long does it take to build one?

2) The flying ships sail from isle to isle, but would it be possible to make them float higher (however slightly) than the isles and use them like a big transport vehicle?

*Revises super moths to stone*

1 Yes, clockwork golems, no doubt, and a long while to build.

2. Yes, but in order to float above an island, it might not be able to carry a full load depending on the quality of the ship.

*Puts up Negation shield*

Bring it!

1) Clockwork golems but what of stone or wood golems? What of anima magicks?

2) Can't a mage just periodically lighten the ship?

Freespace your wand has already been eaten by termites. And your backup wands have been taken by the squirrel division. :)

1) Hot air balloons. Now why didn't I think of that....

2) Please name a price. :)

3) When do we get to learn plasma balls? Also how did the people of Elumia discover plasma?!

Freespace, can you truly destroy all these cute and cuddly creatures? Can you truly kill each and every one of my insect swarm? Do you have any idea how many insects are there in the entire world?

Nope! ^_^

3. look up the wield plasma spell.

Not trying to kill every single one, just clearing a path.

*air*

*expansion*

*magic*

*siren*

A vortex opens up and swallows Leoshi! The other side appears to be filled with volcanoes.

Huh! So there is a Wield Plasma spell. Legate please tell the team I love their thought patterns!

Freespace do you really think I would be so close for you to open a portal next to me? And do you really think a little lava is going to hurt me? You wouldn't forget to cast a protection charm on yourself either.

*Gates* Hunter Killer Plants! Entangle the boy! Impish Treants! Amber him!

The vortex closes, and cuts Leoshi off from his minions.

*seal against mastery*

With the minions unmastered and confused, all it takes is a threatening postion with the phemes for throw lightning to end the crisis... For now.