Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Paz must have been unpersoned by the authorities for having done too much.....Stuff...... With illegal magic.

Anyway, What kind of reason, Legate? Does Orsi know something about our character that we don't know? Is the PC the Champion of the Wall and the Kid the Dragons Chose...? Or something? That might explain why the Legate apparently let the PC explore the Tower of the Cold Forge...

I dunno, I just have the feeling that the reason why The Academagia sent an acceptance letter is not so I coud become a Master of the forbidden arts and utterly destroy the Dragons, but hey, maybe that first part wasn't revealed at the Divination....

I think it's more likely that Astrology would reveal you could become a master of "something, probably magical" and maybe defeat "something" with it. Since the Academagia has teacher that can (fail to) keep you in line it'd be just a matter of keeping an eye on you to make sure the blanks are filled in in a way the professors can be happy with.

EDIT: Would it be legal, if not socially celebrated, to hand a City Hall clerk a bag of money and have them remove someone from your family records? Like, outright disowning someone (or yourself, but primarily someone else) on all official government records? If yes does this require any due process beyond the bag of money, or does there first have to be an investigation into the reasoning behind the decision and maybe a court hearing to make sure there's legal grounds and bla bla bla needless bureaucratic paperwork? If it's not legal would it still possible to do so if you find a suitably sleazy clerk that's willing to "correct" a number of records if you covertly hand him a few bricks of gold under the table?

Oh, assume that no one involved in this completely hypothetical question has any claim to nobility at all :ph34r:.

Edited by Metis

Metis;

It would certainly be illegal, but it might be accepted if the family were not that public. For the nobility, its unlikely to be accepted without the influence of a powerful patron.

Say that a corrupted clerk took a bribe to do that and was caught, what would happen? Both to the clerk and the person/people who bribed him.

I wonder if Contus School have a different Incantation focus in year 2 then Academagica offer. I doubt it as it would be more work but it would be nice if there would be differences what is thought at this 2 schools over the 5 years.

Even if it did, that would only encourage me to take both specialties.

I suspect we will see more than one academagia class per pillar. By taking one class to completion, you buff up (or have a chance to increase) your incantation skill proper a bit. By taking the full Contu course and a single academagia incant class that contu doesn't cover, I think I can Catch my incantation up to my other skills as Revision and Negation get nice bonuses in Y1. Then add a Astrology class, Probably artifice (as I ignored the base classes in Y1 and want to get in good with the regents in y2) and if I'm lucky I can squeeze in a Negation class, too.

OF COURSE ITS HARD TO PLAN WITHOUT A COURSE LIST! *cough*legate*cough*

I actually consider myself ahead of the curve of all students in all pillars at the end of Y1 (although not all class subjects, I could care more, but whatever) My goal for Y2 is to at least tie with the curve in all pillars. Y3 will force me to be more.. narrow minded as I will probably stop focusing on enchantment and other misc skills but that's a long way off to worry about.

Legaaaaaa~te!

1. Will we see additional effects to our characters from using Gates, or just more pronounced versions of the current ones?

2. Do librarians have to have special authority to enter the forbidden archives (to make sure nothing's missing for example) or else how does that work?

3. In the preban era, would a Mastery spell to keep people from raising their voices in a library be seen?

4. Given that the Schohanwicht name is (in)famous for Gates usage to the point that just about anybody would know it, Is there a Mastery Mage who might also be as well known even in the modern era? (Besides Kazio, of course, who as I understand it is more of a historical figure than a Mastery mage in the eyes of the setting)

5. Have any breeds of Familiars ever been sought due to their making ideal companions for mages who specialize in a certain pillar?

6. I don't think this was quite addressed as I will ask it.... Will adventures that a player character does not have access to (such as college ones) also be completed by other students, or is that only something that could be canon if the player does have access?

7. Have there been any students that have attempted the omni disciplinarian path before me? (successful or...not)

8. Will we get abilities to do 'research' also? In y1, I think all we had was a single action to do researching and I feel it is a biy underwhelming, especially if research is going to have a larger role in future years...

9. Can you explain how there would be ome people who can't use magic? Such as the Charlotan Mage and thte Duke of Broken Pines? I thought that it was merlely a skill?

10. Are there any common stray animals on campus, or do the more exotic animals that break out of the mengerie tend to be too strong competitors for them (predators and otherwise)

Free;

1. Will we see additional effects to our characters from using Gates, or just more pronounced versions of the current ones?

No comment. :)

2. Do librarians have to have special authority to enter the forbidden archives (to make sure nothing's missing for example) or else how does that work?

Some of them have this authority, yes.

3. In the preban era, would a Mastery spell to keep people from raing their voices in a library be seen?

No, Mastery can be difficulty comprehensively; Glamour would be the better choice.

4. Given that the Schohanwicht name is (in)famous for Gates usage to the point that just about anybody would know it, Is there a Mastery Mage who might also be as well known even in the modern era? (Besides Kazio, of course, who as I understand it is more of a historical figure than a Mastery mage in the eyes of the setting)

Yes, but...[redacted].

5. Have any breeds of Familiars ever been sought due to their making ideal companions for mages who specialize in a certain pillar?

There are many such breeds for compatibility. Whether they work or no is debatable. :)

6. I don't think this was quite addressed as I will ask it.... Will adventures that a player character does not have access to (such as college ones) also be completed by other students, or is that only something that could be canon if the player does have access?

Some outcome happens if the Player intervenes. Several have consequences that persist into Y2.

7. Have there been any students that have attempted the omni disciplinarian path before me? (successful or...not)

No, not explicitly.

8. Will we get abilities to do 'research' also? In y1, I think all we had was a single action to do researching and I feel it is a biy underwhelming, especially if research is going to have a larger role in future years...

I am not sure.

9. Can you explain how there would be ome people who can't use magic? Such as the Charlotan Mage and thte Duke of Broken Pines? I thought that it was merlely a skill?

An important question...;)

10. Are there any common stray animals on campus, or do the more exotic animals that break out of the mengerie tend to be too strong competitors for them (predators and otherwise)

Hmmmmmm. Probably some birds and mice, of course. Beyond that, not too much except the occasional adventurous cat, I would think.

1) Will people with the right skills (i.e. bookbinding) become official helper of the librarians and so get visitation rights to more and more libraries?

2) Is Fallen Snow Adventure 01 (Racing Curfew) a adventure that should start under some specific condition automatic or one that should be in our Adventure list? If the second then this quest is broken as I never saw it!

1. Have there ever been cases of hyperinflation due to excessive money schenanigans by governments?

2. To be clear, is the "Somma" that Montague is from and Di Cossa allegedly summoned a dragon on, a shortened abbreviation of sommavale? I pretty sure it is, but want confirmation. If so why is it abbreviated?

3. Oh dear, the three dragons that you said had more virtues than vices... They're Stryker, Morganna and Diavesque, aren't they? Seeing as there isn't a whole lot of dragon stuff in the lores, and that you said they are definately in there, and that happens to be three dragons.... oh dear... That is an interesting revelation also if true. Only Stryker seems to fit at first glance, but then... You never said that they were angels, and that (along with they're strength,) would be why they'd be chosen as leaders of their kind....

4. Did Orsi really create that doll that Silent Alice spoke to?

5. Given that skeletons, werewolves, and vampires exist, I feel it necessary to ask if mummies are ever encountered/ both safely dead in tombs and the other undead kind.

6. Apart from the old college halls, are there other (known and safe) remnants of Kazus and Ickanix? Like is there a perpetually empty seat for their regents in formal meetings? etc, etc.

7. How often are dragon flights aid to reach the wall? I am envisioning a number of a few every year of mostly solo flights based on the Vernin Aultrine adventure.

8. Has there ever been a conflict where the academy was forced to take a side?

9. Will dragon-style casting make an appearance in Y2?

10. If a person started speaking Dragon.. (Drageese? ;)) in the halls, would they get in trouble? IE, is the language itself dangerous or just potentially texts containing it?

11. Are there any businesses and or establishments that the Academagia has specifically forbade its students from entering?

12. Are there limits as to how far away from campus a student is allowed to travel?

13. Are the spells over the cold forge and the Vernin hall related? Or are they wholy different?

14. Does Mineta have any standing army? (beyond militia/volunteers?)

15. In my most recent game, Joana failed calligraphy, arithetic and enchant classes (and just barely squeaked by in Zoology) Is it possible that she signed up for the wrong classes? I mean honestly....

Free;

1. Have there ever been cases of hyperinflation due to excessive money schenanigans by governments?

Not related to governments, no.

2. To be clear, is the "Somma" that Montague is from and Di Cossa allegedly summoned a dragon on, a shortened abbreviation of sommavale? I pretty sure it is, but want confirmation. If so why is it abbreviated?

It is, although Sommavale is a place in Somma.

3. Oh dear, the three dragons that you said had more virtues than vices... They're Stryker, Morganna and Diavesque, aren't they? Seeing as there isn't a whole lot of dragon stuff in the lores, and that you said they are definately in there, and that happens to be three dragons.... oh dear... That is an interesting revelation also if true. Only Stryker seems to fit at first glance, but then... You never said that they were angels, and that (along with they're strength,) would be why they'd be chosen as leaders of their kind....

No comment.

4. Did Orsi really create that doll that Silent Alice spoke to?

Who can say? :)

5. Given that skeletons, werewolves, and vampires exist, I feel it necessary to ask if mummies are ever encountered/ both safely dead in tombs and the other undead kind.

Rumors only...

6. Apart from the old college halls, are there other (known and safe) remnants of Kazus and Ickanix? Like is there a perpetually empty seat for their regents in formal meetings? etc, etc.

No empty seats, but their presence across campus is wide, if one knows where to look.

7. How often are dragon flights aid to reach the wall? I am envisioning a number of a few every year of mostly solo flights based on the Vernin Aultrine adventure.

In the past they were much vaster and tremendous than in these latter days. Now, it is uncommon for even solo dragons to arrive. Surely a great reason to allow the Wall to fall into further disrepair. :)

8. Has there ever been a conflict where the academy was forced to take a side?

Very early in Imperial history, yes.

9. Will dragon-style casting make an appearance in Y2?

10. If a person started speaking Dragon.. (Drageese? ;)) in the halls, would they get in trouble? IE, is the language itself dangerous or just potentially texts containing it?

They would definitely get into trouble.

11. Are there any businesses and or establishments that the Academagia has specifically forbade its students from entering?

I imagine yes, although there aren't any prohibitions at the moment.

12. Are there limits as to how far away from campus a student is allowed to travel?

No, provided you respect curfew.

13. Are the spells over the cold forge and the Vernin hall related? Or are they wholy different?

14. Does Mineta have any standing army? (beyond militia/volunteers?)

No, not in many centuries.

15. In my most recent game, Joana failed calligraphy, arithetic and enchant classes (and just barely squeaked by in Zoology) Is it possible that she signed up for the wrong classes? I mean honestly....

Haha!

1. Do plea bargains exist? Like, you've committed this crime that would normally get you hanged, but if you agree to testify against your less error-prone associates of their illegal dealings we'll instead throw you in jail forever while we hang the rest?

2. How much investigation would be done if someone, noble or not, was discovered bribing a City Hall clerk?

I have one of those ideas that are just crazy enough to work...maybe.

2. Not at all, in this case. The crime is meant to be discovered and the ones who "logically" did the bribing caught and executed. I'm just wondering if there'd be enough of an investigation to potentially figure out that the entire thing is actually a creative assassination plot B).

3. Maybe for Astrology, if only due to confirmation bias because good education for Astrology (read: Academagia) is pretty much female only, otherwise I don't think so.

Free & Metis;

1. Do plea bargains exist? Like, you've committed this crime that would normally get you hanged, but if you agree to testify against your less error-prone associates of their illegal dealings we'll instead throw you in jail forever while we hang the rest?

Not formally, but informally these kinds of things happen all the time.

2. How much investigation would be done if someone, noble or not, was discovered bribing a City Hall clerk?

Not only would it depend on the amount of the bribe, but also what they were bribing them to do. ;)

3. Has there ever been perceivable differences in magical ability due to gender?

That depends entirely on who you ask. ;)

Legate, are the ingame pictures for Pamela and the Shade supposed to be the same? Because they are. I just noticed this in the modtools.

The wiki has that image for the shade but has that *other* picture for pam that I have no idea where it came from and so it's driving me mad :(

1. Not formally, but informally these kinds of things happen all the time.

2. Not only would it depend on the amount of the bribe, but also what they were bribing them to do. ;)

1. Nice.

2. However much is necessary to have a sleazy clerk change official records so a certain rebellious Black Sheep PC is no longer officially connected to his/her family - with or without Station: Nobility. With the answers you gave me earlier I figured the PC's parents wouldn't try regardless, but then I got the idea that it wasn't them doing the bribing but rather someone else plotting to have them framed for the crime and executed. I was wondering how deeply the guards would investigate the matter, since on the surface the crime will seem like a very open-and-shut case.

Legate, are the ingame pictures for Pamela and the Shade supposed to be the same? Because they are. I just noticed this in the modtools.

The wiki has that image for the shade but has that *other* picture for pam that I have no idea where it came from and so it's driving me mad :(

Yes, and the prettier picture is for some of the (unimplemented?) monsters. Specifically the (Greater) Air Daemon and Nugen's Spirit.