• The German Kriegsmarine
    • The Polish Navy
    • The Spanish Navy
    • The Turkish Navy
    • Royal Netherlands Navy
    • The French Navy
  2. 2. Forgot Russia

• The Soviet Navy
    • I prefer Freedom and choose one of the navys in question one!
    • The Canadian Navy

I have an odd thought, and it might be odd to implement, but anyways:

Perhaps the Nazis and the Militarists in Imperial Japan find themselves sidelined as their respective Navies decide to focus on fighting the Morganas, even alongside those that are supposed to be their enemies. The British and French are perfectly fine with this, as the Morganas are clearly the bigger foe. The images of ships from all over the world fighting side by side drowns out the propaganda of the Nazis who want to continue the war in Europe, while in Japan, the IJN gains influence rather than the IJA. Perhaps after some power struggles, we see the Nazis and the Japanese hardliners get thrown out of power, with moderates supporting cooperation with the historical Allied Powers.

Desiring revenge, the Austrian Corporal and the Japanese fanatics attempt to side with the Morganas, under the delusion that joining the Morganas would allow them to retake their nations and continue their racist, expansionist policies.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm almost certainly going to start the game as Germany, because by far and large, the Graf Spee is my favorite ship, followed closely by the SMS Emden, who unfortunately will not be in the game.

If possible I'd like to open up a diplomatic alliance with the U.S. and Japan, not only preventing the war in the pacific, but getting access to their belles, as well as giving Germany military help from the single strongest nation in the war production-wise.

They've already confirmed we can get Belles from nations not our own, it's just harder and requires working on diplomatic stats as well to make it easier or such.

I'm currently looking into Italian Military cosplay and removing all symbols aside from the Captain Rank identifiers. If the uniform looks bland I might see about adding some things but we'll see over the coming months.

BCS has already intimated in their alternate history that the Germans don't see the Morganna as altogether a bad thing. The pain felt by the maritime Allies far exceeds that felt by a continental power like Germany...

It will be interesting to see the political views on Morgana's from other nations as well not to mention interactions with other nations and even between Captain and Military Commands.

It will be interesting to see the political views on Morgana's from other nations as well not to mention interactions with other nations and even between Captain and Military Commands.

America: Bomb them back to the Stone Age!

I suppose. Although it has direct access to the "world continent", the peninsula does seem pretty narrow in light of the Morganna's clearly stated penchant for hitting land targets.

I wonder how far inland a Terror can lob one of those 31" shells? :unsure:

Ah, how dirty politics can get. Same with national pride. I really do want to mention how weak USA was at the start of WW2, even running away from the Germans every time they got battered hard until a certain general/commander/admiral was added. Forgot his name, yet it was mid into the war when they finally went on a proper offensive after much begging & diplomatic talks by Canada, UK, & France. We BEGGED USA to enter the war, and when they started they weren't even mentally there. Early WW2 there was no 'freedom' to speak of until someone finally caused USA to think properly. Even before the whole Pearl Harbour thing.

Every-time I see "American Freedom" someone had to boot their rear-ends to get them to act on anything simple. "Do I have to? I want to party some more. I don't care about the war, or the submarines attacking the coastline. Let the silly Brits & Canucks deal with them submarines attacking the New York coastline", mentality. That, and worrying about race issues during the war about telling UK & France what to do by not allowing coloured skin into the rank. USA didn't want to fight that they were too busy harassing woman in UK military & those of colour in other nation's ranks [documentaries told me].

I really want to remember that certain commander's name [so obvious, yet eluding me] because he whipped USA into the "Freedom" pride we all know USA for. Him, and someone other. And here's another negative rep post for me trying to bring history POV into the mix.

--------

But ya, German or Canada for me. We now have influence over what other nations shall react so that in itself is fun. An alternate timeline which you can constantly influence and alter, even in New game +. I am highly curious about this, hoping even the main game lasts long enough you won't have to jump into the NG+ until a much longer time down the road.

I'm probably not as alone in this as I think... But it feels like I'm the only guy here who wants to start as the KMF. The devs certainly don't seem to enjoy the KMF through Mahan's interactions with them, at least. If possible, I'm gonna try to lend-lease as good as possible and ally Russia with the US and Britain (not for historical reasons, surprisingly.). The US because of their raw potential in probable resource gain and ship count, and Britain just because I love their boats. Can't stop myself from starting KMF to get Kirov though.

If possible I'm gonna jump on some of those Italian and Japanese ships too, because the Italians were the design influence for many Soviet ships of the era(and their voices are sexy) and the Japanese just have an exceptional cast of ships, such as the Nagatos and Kageros and Mogamis.

Don't hold Mahan against BCS, please. They're just writing her in character as influenced by her history as a ship as well as her namesake. That's a good thing! :-)

Fifrein;

Yeah, if we didn't enjoy the Kriegsmarine, they wouldn't be in the game at all! But Mahan, on the other hand...;)

It's because they don't show good technique

I wasn't talking about the kriegsmarine. I screwed up, meant VMF not KMF. The Soviet navy. I have nothing against Mahan, in fact she's the only American destroyer so far with a tolerable voice and I want her in my fleet. However, she seems to have a less than stellar opinion of the Soviet ships so far and I really do want that Kirov.

Fifrein;

Oh! We love our Soviet ships. They are pretty diverse, though- Kirov is amazing. Voykov, as you have seen, is rather dark. :)

Not really dark...just very serious about her job :).

Of course...it'll depend on dark you could take this. I don't think it'll be as lighthearted as a Kancolle romp, but it has the potential to be as dark as Kancolle fics concerning the Abyssals :).

Not really dark...just very serious about her job :).

Of course...it'll depend on dark you could take this. I don't think it'll be as lighthearted as a Kancolle romp, but it has the potential to be as dark as Kancolle fics concerning the Abyssals :).

If you want dark, try planefag's Kant-o-celle quest on /tg/. Shigure nearly canoes the main character's head and then her own when you first interact, and Kaga's summoning gives her PTSD and backs up traffic in a 20 block radius in Kure with a police chase and bus crash and everything. It's a good read.

I am looking forward to the Russian navy though, so very much. I actually adore Voykov and especially like the look of Profintern, but this is coming from the guy who managed 6 times in a row to make his first route in a VN (despite and in full consciousness of the game's warnings) the Yandere and failed. Not by design, mind you. I chose that girl because I liked her the most and she consistently turned out to be the Yandere or PTSD victim, and I'm just not very good at VNs.

If you want dark, try planefag's Kant-o-celle quest on /tg/. Shigure nearly canoes the main character's head and then her own when you first interact, and Kaga's summoning gives her PTSD and backs up traffic in a 20 block radius in Kure with a police chase and bus crash and everything. It's a good read.

I am looking forward to the Russian navy though, so very much. I actually adore Voykov and especially like the look of Profintern, but this is coming from the guy who managed 6 times in a row to make his first route in a VN (despite and in full consciousness of the game's warnings) the Yandere and failed. Not by design, mind you. I chose that girl because I liked her the most and she consistently turned out to be the Yandere or PTSD victim, and I'm just not very good at VNs.

Man...that does sound interesting. Do you have a link for that?

The first thread is here: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/37535189/

It's an interactive quest on a forum so there's gonna be a lot of side comments and extra content, but I found it quite enjoyable. It is in second person perspective. If you want to ignore the unnecessary stuff, just read planefag and hate's posts. They're also well over 100 threads into the story at the moment, so you have a bit of catching up to do, haha.

Archived