Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

@Legate of Mineta: I have an idea for a scene that would trigger when a PC  Studying at the Schohanwicht and Flore have formally decided to date in which Euneycia would warn the PC that his interest in Flore has caused international - and interuniversal - amusement and calculation. Some members of the Schohanwicht want the two of them to be split apart, others want to formally indict Flore into their school (due to her interest in gates magic), and others hope to use Flore in order to get gates magic either legalized or secretly practised in Flore's lands. There would be no resolution to this controversy, but the PC would be ale to react to it in interesting ways - and Euneycia might give to him some advice.

@Legate of Mineta: I have 2 interesting ideas that I think could easily be worked into my stories - and might be useful contributions to the setting:

1. At least one city state outside the Empire of Man uses a modified Chorian alphabet (with heta, sho, and - because I like the letter - digamma) because it was visited in past millenia by a gates mage analogous to the historical(?) Aristeas from Proconnesus.

2. That rumours about the Second Circle are spreading throughout the Empire of Man, with some people suspecting - as I do - that it is vigilante group dedicated to hunting gates mages.

8 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

I will ask. :)

Edit: Both are considered to be 'very cool'. ;)

Many thanks for the prompt response. I will, I hope deal well with them.

Will the Vernin student girl who cannot walk (whose name I wish I could remember) appear in Y2? I would like to write her into an adventure (but cannot remember her name) set at a hospital, but would not want to insert a character who has graduated.

@Legate of Mineta: It would be very funny if a future installment (Y3 on) could have a romance option whom it would be revealed was actually a student at the Schohanwicht School.

Speaking of the Schohanwicht School, I hope that it will not be revealed in the end to be as bad as the Scholomance - although I would not want to make it as virtuous as Vikramshila or Nalanda.

1 hour ago, Legate of Mineta said:

"As far as the professors are concerned, Uliva's... well, eccentric, certainly, but not unusually so for a young Morvidus student.  Sure, Regent Storey has given her a few lectures about the dangers of obsessive behavior over the course of Y1, but there hasn't been a lot of worry behind them; as far as he's concerned, having a passion that keeps you from being as disruptive as Philippe - or even Girars - isn't the worst thing in the world.

But, obviously, a lot can change in later years if habits continue to intensify.

It should also be said that Storey and company know about Uliva's [Redacted] background."

May I write a meeting for Y2's Juvenalia in which the PC with the secret heritage and Uliva can both make vague hints about their secret backgrounds before bonding over a willingness to study snakes? Or would that be too much of a spoiler for Y2? And to clarify, the player would not be forced to make hints to Uliva.

9 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

"There are such potions, and the legality is a function of consent.  If Academy students drink forgetfulness potions because they want to banish the memory of Sixt von Rupprecht dancing from their minds forever, that's fine; if you trick or force someone to drink a forgetfulness potion after you've robbed them so they can't describe you, that's a kind of assault.

And, yes, there are some that argue that brewing such a potion is essentially akin to working Mastery magic, and should be illegal - but some applications are popular enough for the alchemists' guilds to throw a lot of weight behind protecting them."

I have an idea for an in-game story/mechanic in which the PC, desperate to confide in a peer about gates magic at the Schohanwicht school, pays Pelia to listen to his/her secrets and then take such a potion. Potentially, this could play a role in any planned romance with Pelia, if the Team were wanting to do so. Do you like the idea?

@Legate of Mineta: I am finally commencing the writing of my farewell scenes (!) for Pelia at the beginning of Y2, before the summer vacation. They are, alas, not nearly as ambitious as I had originally planned for them to be - but we cannot all be as prolific as authors whom we admire, such as Pelia's fellow Alchemist Nagarjuna. This day's productivity in my hobby was one benefit of preparing to get a new wheelchair for me today.

That having been said, I have three questions for you about my story ideas.

1. Would it be permissible to have an option, available only for Female PCs with the trait "Prodigy: On the Prowl",  that would allow the narration to introduce the fact that Pelia is essentially PCsexual (from a game perspective) and therefore a possible romance option (in later years!) for male and female characters?

2. Would it be permissible for me to have an option, as a summer vacation activity for the PC in Mineta who is a Prodigy: On the Prowl, to go on quasi-dates with Pelia. Quasi for three reasons: their youth, Pelia's abrasiveness (no Magalda Quaranta or Neta Xemutre is she!), and Pelia's stress about many issues.

3. I have been thinking for months about whether it would be appropriate for me to have Pelia mention that when she told Aventyrare about her lifecreation powers, Aventyrare either beat her (which I think to be too extreme!) or threatened to beat her and in either case warned her never to talk about such powers again. A violent reaction, I know, but given that life creation = Gates Magic = death by hanging, I hope that such a reaction (even potentially the more extreme) by such a fun-loving professor would not be as gratuitous and out of character as, for example, the extreme sadism in the notorious fanfiction "A Sad Story".