Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

My chars would love it if they could put the pheme for a spell together in just their eyes.

Maybe our few real omni disciplinarian might come up at year 4 or 5 with such a way to cast spells.

At last I suspect that Omni disciplinary will have to focus on Metacasting (Enspell etc.) at some point because the other magic becomes to focused.

Still unanswered question from me from some time back:

What familiars can speak the human language and what familiars might be able to learn speaking it with enough teaching?

Ohh and when will we get the requirements for the new class that need two or more skills?

OK that means one of the 2 free timeslots I have in year 2 trough the week is already full taken for most of my Chars thanks to the secret background? :(

Is the change to Schohanwicht to Y2, or Y1 DLC?

For those interested in dragon casting, there is a lore that better explains the concept than ride the elements' description. I can't find it now but it was titled something like in/of the 'mind's eye'

it shows how you can indeed visualize a pheme. No mention of dragons though.

So, I want to enchant a storage device for books and notes while I put them in storage for the summer vacation.. The duration needs to be vacation wide, and needs to be able to keep powerful mages from locating certain illegal items which lie within.

I'm purely going for stealth, hide the stuff within from astrology divinations, masking the trace of magics, and make it seem unimportant. That ought to be doable, if difficult yeah? the lock will be mundane enchanted to resist lockpicking spells.

1. When was the tower of the cold forge abandoned/ the time spell placed on it?

2. The family:wizards background implies others in your family attended the Academagia. is that the only way to do so...?

3. Can Mastery be used to strengthen an immune system, or change one's metabolism?

4. This is difficult to convey. If a pheme is added to a spell, (say the revision pheme to dispel) isn't that technically creating a different spell?

5. Given how mental state is said to play a large roll in spells, will we see spells that have different effects based on emotion?

Free;

1. When was the tower of the cold forge abandoned/ the time spell placed on it?

I'm not exactly sure. I believe it was nearly a thousand years ago, however.

2. The family:wizards background implies others in your family attended the Academagia. is that the only way to do so...?

At this moment, yes.

3. Can Mastery be used to strengthen an immune system, or change one's metabolism?

Because such knowledge is proscribed, it would be impossible to answer. ;)

4. This is difficult to convey. If a pheme is added to a spell, (say the revision pheme to dispel) isn't that technically creating a different spell?

No, because of the kind of Palettes you use.

5. Given how mental state is said to play a large roll in spells, will we see spells that have different effects based on emotion?

Probably. :)