Black Chicken Studios Forums

How goes the Progress for Y2?

Rhialto

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I've been playing this game since 2015 and I'm already doing graduate studies while I used to just be a fresh high school graduate when I started playing the game. Even so, I spent a few moments every year going back and playing a year or two before shelving the game and waiting for the update. Rinse and repeat for the next year. I hope this doesn't come off as rude, but will Year 2 realistically be published? This is one of my favorite games and I'm almost tempted to mod the summer version or something myself since it's been around seven years of waiting (more for the ones who have been with the game since the start). Granted that would take a chunk of my time and it's such a pain to run a virtual machine anytime, but :(( I've finished all of the colleges thrice so I'm just orz

Hoping the devs are in great health and all that though! If - and when - Year 2 comes out, I'll make sure to buy 20 copies and share them with friends to support. Also kudos to the members of the forum who kept this alive. It's always interesting to read through the threads when I have free time.

My personal feeling is that there is a 70-80% chance that Y2 will make it before 2030.

For a Y3 because BCS is prone to suddenly add new projects to their pipeline chances to get it bevor 2050 is IMHO less the 10% and to get it at all is clearly below 50% (Simple because people aging and many of the core team must be for sure past their 40 by now, adding 30 years to this you know where this goes)

One reason why I come with such long numbers is that I suspect that Victory Belles bind at last 25% of the personal of BCS for the next 10 years and up after release.

Then there is already the promise for 2 book projects and Scheherazade to be next after Academagia Y2.

Adding to all this is that BCS have problems to find the cut line for stop adding new content and features what result in extra work on the UI and Engine side to keep up with the expected features for a new release (like compatible with Steam Deck, 4K resolution or Windows 11).

• Like 1

Still here but I keep getting older!

I hope the game has gotten closer to release this past year, developmentwise. 

I hope the import function will still be there in some way to connect the important points and info from year 1. Even if I'll have to make a few new playthroughs of Year 1 to get my games to import ;) Since older games probably won't be possible to import.

Some times I think of running through Year 1 a few more times, but not being able to import the games kind of makes me sad when  I think about it. So I'm also interested about the status of the import feature and when we know whether games might probably be importable for Y2.

Anyway, still waiting for year 2... but as my biolgical clock ticks ever closer to my forties I worry that I might die of old age before the release :D Please release it soon so I get something worthwhile to spend my money on..

• 2 weeks later...